British Speedway Forum

She made a couple of mistakes - like saying to Rico after his 6 point joker win "that's 3 more points for the team" before having to correct herself.

However, everyone makes mistakes - especially on live tv. Pearson and Tatum make mistakes all the time - and they don't have the excuse of being new to the sport.

Also when you have to interview almost every race winner in a 25 heat meeting it must be difficult to come up with a couple of new questions for each one, and for all of them to sound highly intelligent and knowledgeable.

Have to admit i was another one who questioned charlie being involved in speedway but she did much better tonight,so fair play to her,even chaseing around to interview riders like Aj!!!.Chris Louis on the other hand with his years in speedway could ask better questions!! :blink: Ken Bjerre had problems with his goggles in 3 races but did he ask him why,no,just the same old spill about track conditions,its like hes on auto pilot.Shame really as he speaks quite well but just asks duff questions!!

I'll say one thing for Charlie Webster, she's not the one in the pits with the least speedway knowledge, because Lyon wins that one hands down.

You're not even funny. :approve:

:blink::blink:

Have to admit i was another one who questioned charlie being involved in speedway but she did much better tonight,so fair play to her,even chaseing around to interview riders like Aj!!!.Chris Louis on the other hand with his years in speedway could ask better questions!! :blink: Ken Bjerre had problems with his goggles in 3 races but did he ask him why,no,just the same old spill about track conditions,its like hes on auto pilot.Shame really as he speaks quite well but just asks duff questions!!

Could be that if he had, someone like you would have thought that he should have asked something more relevant. He did and I was pleased. :lol: Can't win sometimes, if only these paid commentaters were as good as forum members. :shock:

:rolleyes::rolleyes:

I'll say one thing for Charlie Webster, she's not the one in the pits with the least speedway knowledge, because Lyon wins that one hands down.

To right even Charlie would not have picked king :lol::lol:

charlie webster is good

lee richardson is good

scott nicholls is good

the whole team are good

ok thats half the threads out of the way :P

To right even Charlie would not have picked king :lol::lol:

No but she would have certainly tried to pick Zagar.

well at least she wasnt talking about an animated mole, unlike kelvin

Speedwayleics, tonight was another exciting World Cup meeting with plenty of good racing, good perfofmances from some of the Brits, bizzarre incidents and yet somehow you manage to start two negative and frankly poor threads regarding subjects that have been done to death already.

It just seems that no matter what happens, some cannot help themselves when it comes to having a moan.

I just don't understand a lot of the people who post here....moan,moan,moan.....I thought she has done a good job.Tonight and previous meetings.If she reads the forum.....keep up the good work

Couldn't agree more Iris, she's a trouper and that's for sure. :approve:

I don't know how she came across on air last night but she was making all the right moves from where I was sitting. :P

Good on her I reckon, at least she has a go rather than whinge all the time like some I could mention on here!! B)

Speedwayleics, tonight was another exciting World Cup meeting with plenty of good racing, good perfofmances from some of the Brits, bizzarre incidents and yet somehow you manage to start two negative and frankly poor threads regarding subjects that have been done to death already.

It just seems that no matter what happens, some cannot help themselves when it comes to having a moan.

I see the thread has over 70 replies already, so the subjects are still valid. I agree the racing was great and although GB are not at the final I'm really looking forward to it.

As the headline suggests, it is just me that has a problem with Charlie

I see the thread has over 70 replies already, so the subjects are still valid. I agree the racing was great and although GB are not at the final I'm really looking forward to it.

As the headline suggests, it is just me that has a problem with Charlie

Valid yes, but on existing threads. As you say, 70 replies and most disagree, kind of proves your viewpoint is quite negative.

I'm not saying you have to like Charlie or Scott, but is it really necessary to start new threads to have a go at them? There are several threads where you can do that already, or in Scotts case, just about every thread on here. It wouldn't suprise me if people were having a go at him on the Classic Speedway threads!

I feel that Charlie did a very good job last night and dashing round the pits all night trying to get interviews and comments from riders and team managers, I know she asks quite a lot of the same questions all th etime but most of this is fed into her by the producer and match director it wasnt helped last night by sky just adding onto the world feed so they never knew when they were going to cut back to something that was important.

Charlie is so enthusiastic about her speedway now and is really getting into it im told she has even been seen at sheffield with her brother on nights off. she enjoys being involved in the productions and see's it more than just another interviewing job she wants to suceed at this. My only worry is though like Suzi Perry she does a lot of other work and that she may taken off to do something more high profile for Sky or BBC

This Sky speedway pits woman is terrible..... can't talk properly, has zero knowledge od Speedway, forgets which track she's at and/or who's racing.

She asks THE most stupid, pointless and silly questions, a real joke!

An absolute amateur.

Totally agree.

She reached her zenith of rubbishness last night with her inane questioning of riders.

A total embarrassment.

Totally agree.

She reached her zenith of rubbishness last night with her inane questioning of riders.

A total embarrassment.

Fact

1. She is a very attractive person

Probable fact

2. She is a very nice person

Fact

3. She is utter rubbish at the job

That's all