British Speedway Forum
Guest Ashie Smashy

Lee Richardson

Agree, Rico was superb all week and his final interview topped it off. Hats off to the man.

Lee was fantastic tonight and with his presence in the pits at peterborough on monday has shown himself to be the true professional. Top marks Rico!

Well done LR, Answered on the track. Arguments anyone??

Certainly not from me Cuz, he was brilliant!! :approve:

He was excellent value last night, as he has often been in the SWC, its a shame he has not been able to provide that form regularly in the gp's. Perhaps that performance may get a wildcard slot?

Surely if a nominated spot is available for a Brit in next years GP it has to go to Lee.

So impressed him with on and off track this week. The guys deserves a medal!!!

Professional and a race winner - He is just what Team GB need to help the younger guys move forward!!

Out of interest - How old is Lee? Not too late for him to have a fair crack at the GPs now he seems fit and healthy again?

Edited by Jenn

Surely if a nominated spot is available for a Brit in next years GP it has to go to Lee.

So impressed him with on and off track this week. The guys deserves a medal!!!

Professional and a race winner - He is just what Team GB need to help the younger guys move forward!!

Out of interest - How old is Lee? Not too late for him to have a fair crack at the GPs now he seems fit and healthy again?

He is born 1979 according to his website, that makes him 30 years old.

Only been saying these things about Rico for years. :rolleyes: Amazed it's taken this long for others to see.

Only been saying these things about Rico for years. :rolleyes: Amazed it's taken this long for others to see.

They will all have forgotten again in a few weeks. He'll be a whinger and a gating tart to those baffoons again soon enough. :rolleyes:

Edited by frigbo

Guest Ashie Smashy
They will all have forgotten again in a few weeks. He'll be a whinger and a gating tart to those bafoons again soon enough. :rolleyes:

Well done Frigbo, abusive to people offering an olive branch and to eat humble pie. I admit, I got Richardson wrong, which is why I made the effort to create this thread to praise him, credit where it is due, this week he as been the ultimate professional.

Well done Frigbo, abusive to people offering an olive branch and to eat humble pie. I admit, I got Richardson wrong, which is why I made the effort to create this thread to praise him, credit where it is due, this week he as been the ultimate professional.

Don't take it personally, there's plenty of you.

We'll see how things pan out, I won't hold my breath.

The one thing that you are guaranteed with Lee Richardson is when the Team GB body colour comes out you tend to get the best out of him,more than any other rider in recent years and very rarely lets us down.

The one thing that has come out with this years competition has been his leadership skills, and his acceptance of what we need to do as a Nation and his willingness to step aside for the sake of the future of British speedway.

This time we had Scott Nicholls as captain of the Team GB squad and Chris Harris as the captain of Team GB,maybe it is time to give Lee the job, and I am sure that it has not gone unnoticed with Rob Lyon I hope.

Guest Ashie Smashy
This time we had Scott Nicholls as captain of the Team GB squad and Chris Harris as the captain of Team GB,maybe it is time to give Lee the job, and I am sure that it has not gone unnoticed with Rob Lyon I hope.

I did not know that, so what did Nicholls do for the Team GB squad?

I did not know that, so what did Nicholls do for the Team GB squad?

Who knows, but Scott was announced as captain when the squad was announced so one would presume that he was the squad captain. I would have expected Scott to assume the role that Lee took on at Peterborough,and I think that the only two people that know why Scott was not at Peterborough are him and Rob Lyon.