British Speedway Forum
sunnysally

Lyons Should Have Picked Scotty

Look Lyons picked the right team!!

Yes we didnt go through, BUT who was really expecting us to go through!?!?

As Harris and a few others said last night, the Atmosphere and spirit in the camp is the best its been for years, NOW would that of been the same with Snotty Nicholls there! NOPE!

Well done team GB on a very good performance! And next year we'll be even better.

Edited by Red&BlackAttack

IMO

Scott should have ridden last night

All this bumf about the kids stood up etc is unture KING and BRIDGER hardly got a point between them

by all means take them along get them in the pits etc BUT nicholls should have been in the side

Then 2 of KING BRIDGER OR WOOFY would have gained even more experience in a cauldron on saturday ! instead of trailing behind in an empty stadium

Last year was poor but to blame it all on Nicholls is frankly bullrubbish

even RICO said after the meeting that scott will be back next year so i cant see the riders having a problem with him

As previously stated that nobody knows who`s choice this was for Scott to be not involved. Unless Rob or Scott comes out and says what went on its pure speculation.

I am sure Scott would have scored the points that were needed for us to qualify but we will never know.This working for the future thing doesnt sit to well with me. Work with what you have today, the young riders will progress no matter what if they are good enough, its not like they ride with poor riders every week.I personally don't think there is a problem with Scott & Bomber, they rode together at Coventry not so many days ago and i doubt he would have been drafted into the Bees team if it was thought it would cause a problem. Mr Sandhu and co made it work so another clash in personality is very doubtful.

How many Team GB meetings a season do we have?

A big well done to Team GB and i for one did not miss Mr Stroppy one little bit, the team choice was spot on, get over it Mr Nicholls and all your supporters.

even RICO said after the meeting that scott will be back next year so i cant see the riders having a problem with him

and the team will be that much stronger after this years campaign for when he comes back...

and the team will be that much stronger after this years campaign for when he comes back...

agreed if scott gets back to form and the team spirit doesnt suffer he should be back

We are only having this debate because GB came so close to getting to the final,if we had come a distant fourth as many predicted then we would have all said it was a good learning curve for the young riders.Bridgers performance was poor but hopefully next time he can learn from last night and do much better,remember Nicholls performance in the GP at this track didnt excatly set the world alight in-fact if memory serves me right he was stone dead last.

well well if we would of had scotty in the england world cup we would have got through, with bridger not riding well, king off pace it was only lee and chris and tai who kept it together

What a load of tosh .... if Scott hadn't seen the "red light" at Poole in 2004 he wouldn't of slowed up and maybe scored more points and we could possibly of won after all it was only by one point! ..... Was Scott in the team when we never qualified last time? Hmmmmm yep think so, so what on earth makes you think he would of really made any difference last night. He wasn't picked for the team for whatever reason, he wasn't there watching/supporting for whatever reason.

Our lads never let us down last night, they all learnt from the experience, we went in as the underdogs not even expecting to get a 3rd place. Ok if the Danes had a full strength team in we might would of come 4th but they didn't have and we came 3rd in the run off, we've not made the final :cry: but we're Brits .... we'll get over it ...... we always do!!! We'll wait for next years WTC to come round again with or without Scott and go through the same motions all over again until eventually we get the right combination and bring that bloody WTC home :approve:

Isn't hindsight brilliant?

After Peterborough the only rider fans would have been happy for Scott to come in for was Tai. If Scott was included, it was to be at the expense of Tai in many poster's opinions. Whereas last night Tai was the third best scorer in the team and more than did the job asked of him. Before last night, no one would have contemplated replacing Bridger or King with Scott. That is where hindsight comes into it...

Considering there was no sign of Scott at any of the SWC events, I am not surprised he wasn't included. That gives the message that he wasn't really interested, even if not picked he could have supported his team mates (as Eddie Kennet did last night.)

For me, I was proud of that team last night. I think they did a brilliant job considering the inexperience within the team. Three of the riders did a really good job, all were enthusiastic and the team spirit was clear to see. The boys and in particular Bridger looked really disappointed, but they have years and years of SWC events to come. We are currently in the very early stages of developing a solid GB team for the future, yet we still came so close to reaching the final. If these riders improve at the rate they are currently, in a few years time we could do exactly what the Russians have done this year.

I was proud to have such a young side representing us, yet still perform as we did. I really wouldn't miss Scott if he were to turn down any future offers for team GB. I like the mix of riders we have atm, and the unity they've shown- Rob made the right decision in my eyes, even if some riders didn't perform as expected.

spot on Nic

although I would like Scott to fight back from this and turn it into a positive............. I believe Rico did and it was part of the reason for his great performance.........

I was proud to have such a young side representing us

me too and it puts things into perspective when you consider the age and resources of guys like Gollob

You just can't win being british can you!?

Disgusted fans that a young team was fielded... disgusted fans that danny lewis and tai were chosen, and Nicholls left out... and now they want Rob Lyon's head in the smasher for him doing a bloody good job for the resources and riders he had to play with!

He did a bloody good job.... did the right tactical rides, did it early on (atleast they worked - although sweden's tactical was smart and worked out also) who seriously thought we'd be in 2nd place for as long as we did and miss out on the final in our last 2 races?

Not me!

GB did me proud and thats the most a GB performance thats made me proud since the Barker, Havvy, Loram, Nicholls, Richardson, Norris days!

For the first time in years I enjoyed the efforts of the team GB

They may not have got to the final but they were certainly better than the shambles that rode last year and can hold there heads high.

Lyon has a vision which the majoity on here understand. It has been a case for some time the trusted ones can't win now so it's time to rebuild.

Until the position with Scott is known all the moans are irelevent

ROSCO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Please, take the Swindon glasses off. He is a hot head who has repeatedly shown himself to be ridiculas in his outbursts. How is it this wonder manager has managed to take these strong Robins sides of late to win bugger all

No you keep him at Swindon thanks

Rosco would be a good choice as long as he doesn't lose his cool

Purely and simply, it doesn't get better than this. :rolleyes: