British Speedway Forum

Didnt see the meeting but it seems to me they benefited more from having Hampel in the joker race,rather than the extra 2 points,then the aussies blew it by having a last in the penultimate race.I appreciate the joker doesnt appeal to the purists but it does generate excitement.I always thought you could only play the joker on a programmed rider.

Saw the meeting up until heat 15, then had to go out so set the video for the remainder of the meeting allowing an extra hour to take account of any delays. Not enough, unfortunately so only got as far as heat 19. No repeats it appears. Any of the subsequent heats on youtube etc. does anyone know?

Saw the meeting up until heat 15, then had to go out so set the video for the remainder of the meeting allowing an extra hour to take account of any delays. Not enough, unfortunately so only got as far as heat 19. No repeats it appears. Any of the subsequent heats on youtube etc. does anyone know?

It was repeated...a little later on on Sky Sports 3. Well it was on the schedule when I checked to see what else was on. They will porbably show it again as it was a corker of a finish.

Edited by tomcat

It was repeated...a little later on on Sky Sports 3. Well it was on the schedule when I checked to see what else was on. They will porbably show it again as it was a corker of a finish.

Yep. Was shown from 15:00 to 18:00....guess that doesn't help anyone that missed it tho :D

Yep. Was shown from 15:00 to 18:00....guess that doesn't help anyone that missed it tho :D

Probably not...but it was repeated... :lol::lol:

Ht 22:

Ht 23:

Ht 24:

Ht 25:

Edited by ladyluck

Australia lost this meeting more than Poland won it

Poland won by 1 point due to them making a tac sub joker that netted them 4 points instead of 0 or 1 had Pepe stayed in. Thats an extra 3 points given to them because ..... any of the following or all three

1 Crump should have stayed behind Kasprzak

2 Boyce should have warned Crump to just follow Kasprzak

3 Did Kasprzak know what he was doing and let Crump past ?

Some good races, but it was a shame they had the delay as the meeting was really hotting up unril the break with Russia looking good bets after starting the meeting so poorly.

Australia lost the final in the same ways as Polish fencers was losing their matches in the European Championships which ended yesterday. If the hadn't been rain I personally believe Poland would been second placed (or worse). Great performance by Hampel, Kasprzak and ...his bike (rented to Gollob for his last heat)

I feel a bit sorry for Russians I think they was slightly better than Swedish.

All those people on here who said Crump should of done this and and should of done that, would be the same people who would of complined aboiut him sandbagging, as someone had earlier posted Crumps a racer.

As for Tai wearing an Aussie :lol: get over yourselves people.

Australia lost this meeting more than Poland won it

Poland won by 1 point due to them making a tac sub joker that netted them 4 points instead of 0 or 1 had Pepe stayed in.

Or maybe PePe would have won....He wasn't at home on the track during his first 4, but neither was Tomek, and look what he did in the final race.

I'd agree that the Aussies lost it, tho, and I'd say that Boycey's decision not to call on Sully was the key factor, NOT anything that happened on track.

All those people on here who said Crump should of done this and and should of done that, would be the same people who would of complined aboiut him sandbagging, as someone had earlier posted Crumps a racer.

As for Tai wearing an Aussie :lol: get over yourselves people.

Agreed mate,Tai was just working in the pits,no complaints from me :lol:

What I do complain about is dragging all the dirt to the inside when Poland have 4 gate 1 positions in the last 6 heats :wink::lol:

Conspiracy theory`s will have a :lol: field day

Ht 22:

Ht 23:

Ht 24:

Ht 25:

Very grateful. Thanks ladyluck, wish you lots'a'luck. Now can England hold their luck at Lords tomorrow!

I was thinking that (re dragging the dirt to the inside). Glad the whinging Aussies got beat in the end, serves Crump right for team riding Lindback home in the race-off and Leigh Adams is a complete bottle job :lol::lol::lol:

I sky plussed it but (like a couple of years ago with the European Champions Cup Final [Football]) when a prog. overruns even as live sport the flipping thing ended well short of the end so I missed the climax. Completely gob-smacked to come on here and see that Poland won...: they weren't at the races at the point (after heat 19) that sky+ gave up on me!

But having said that, what a fantastic meeting. The WTC IS the future of international Speedway, a zillion miles better than the -yawn! - GPs... :approve:

Anyway, thanks to all international supporters for congrats. Well, our team did what they were supposed to do. Nice meeting, keeping our breath up to the end.

Fully packed stadium, adrenaline and fantastic result for Polish Team. Couldn't have been better. What are the rumors about Tai wearing foreign uniform all about?

Geez bad luck to the Aussies, i think that ones in the bank for the future.

Only in speedway can you be rewarded for being mediocre, what other sport would this happen in its laughable.

Still like its been pointed out they were the rules before it started, how about to keep it close have the joker but if you havent used it you can use it in your last ride.

That way the excitements still there and if its been close you still have two riders racing for the win.

Cheers Chopper