British Speedway Forum

As a swede I really would like to see Sweden win but it wont happen in Leszno, mainly because some of the swedish riders are having big trouble with the track in Leszno, for example Jonas Davidsson and David Ruud. Secondly, because Poland team will be supported by 15 000 screaming fans which will make even the worst pole to a superstar. Third, becuase Australia have the some highclass riders, like Chris Holder, Jason Crump and Leigh Adams. But even if Sweden wont beat Poland and Australia, I still believe we will be able to get the third place, because I dont believe Russia will be able to once again ride like they did in Vojens. Emil and Laguta will but I have my doubts about Povazny, Gizatulin and Gaufurov.

I think it will end like this.

1. Poland

2. Australia

3. Sweden

4. Russia.

I tend to agree with the assesment.I think Poland will win fairly comfortably,maybe a good joker from Australia will keep it close.Don't think Russia will repeat their performance from Vojens.I just hope that the racing is good even if the title seems a foregone conclusion.....but Russia could give Sweden a good battle for the bronze

Lemon Squeezy for Poland. A full strength Denmark might have given them something to think about, but I can't see Australia, Sweden or Russia posing too many problems. It'll be tight for the minor honours though.

Edited by Seb the Snail

Ive asked Phil if he can do a Poll for us for the weekend but no luck so far.

Can any other mod now set up a poll – I know they couldn’t in the past

1. Poland

2. Russia

3. Australia

4. Sweden

Poland will win if they can handle the pressure from 25'000 polish fans.

I dont think the Russians will be satisfied with just making the final.

They rode very well in Vojens and i think they should be counted with.

Team Aussie seems to have a bit of a problem at the moment but should be able to

finish top 3 with Crump, Adams, Holder, Watt and ?

Sweden well none of our rides felt really superb y-day. AJ scored allot of points and Anto9 rode well after his bike switch.

But Lindgren, JOnas and Ruud feels very inconsistent and i dont think we'll manage a top 3 if they ride like they did y'day.

Poland I hope. Second choice Russia.

Poland will walk it . No matter which 5 riders they pick , they will all score double figures or pretty close to it . They could well be followed home , at a respectable distance , by the Russians .

Australia for third just i'm afraid . Crump will lead the way , with Holder the main support . Adams is on a downward spiral and while Watt has done well so far - his limitations will be exposed in the final . Batchelor will be out his depth .

Which leaves the Swedes . Lindgren's form in Poland is pretty poor , so it looks like Jonsson will be a one-man band in the final . As Lindback , Davidsson and Ruud wont score too many .

As the forecast wet weather tomorrow is likely to have an effect on the conditions I should think that the Poles will cope with the track better than the rest. Love to see a real scrap between all four teams with the Russians giving everyone a shock again. My head says Poland followed by the Aussies with the other two in a tight fight for third.

Hopefully Russia, but I imagine Poland will win at a canter.

Who cares :cry: it wont be :cry: us :cry: again :cry:

Would like to say Australia but they didn't do us any favours last night with Jase team riding Rio.

I'm gonna go with Poland as we have an NVQ accessor at work who's Polish and he's well cute, we quite often have a chat about speedway :approve:

Poland will win it. and they desrve to not because its in there country but simply because there at the forefront in world speedway. there leagues are the toughest and they treat speedway on a whole more proffessionaly than any other country.

i actually believe there "B" would win it too if needed!