British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
GlasgowGuy

A-plant Classic (individual)

Oh dear still can't back your arguement up?

I think that you may find that support for a certain rider is quite thin on the ground out your way, as well as Glasgow. A Tiger riders career was ended because of him but one of your posters reckons Glasgow fans anger towards him is appalling.

I'll say no more on the matter as twit for tat gets nowhere.

Poor meeting in front of a poor crowd yesterday.

Very few passes and little entertainment on track.

Is there anything that can be done to the Glasgow track to get it more raceable? There seemed to be very few passing lines with good riders being made to look ordinary if they missed the gate. Processional, strung out races were the order of the day and that should not be the case because the field was made up of some pretty handy riders.

The classic example of this was the semi-final where the Messiah (who had looked almost invincible early in the meeting) trundled round at the back when he missed the start.

I've seen him do it a few times at Ashfield and you have to wonder what kind of race track it is when a rider of that class deems it a lost cause after just one lap.

It's no wonder the crowds at Ashfield are so low when the only enterainment during the day is provided by the crowd!!

While it's generally acknowledged Ashfield isn't as good as it used to be , especially when Doc Bridgett did the track . It's not a bad as some , namely those of a blue and gold persuassion , will have you believe . You only had to witness Shane toy with two Edinburgh riders in heat 15 last week to see what's possible on the track .

You have to take yesterday's disappointing racing and poor crowd in the context of what was on offer - namely an individual event . These are usually mediocre affairs , and the huge amount of rain that fell Friday/Saturday will have taking it's toll on the track .

I can't be bothered with individual meetings and i know many other people who think the same . For me there is nothing like a league match , and these things are certainly nothing like a league match . I'm not surprised the crowd and the racing was poor , but come back and see us again when we're racing against somebody . It will certainly be better than what you witnessed yesterday .

Oh dear has the Easy Tiger / Crapzone cold war started up again :rolleyes:

I think that you may find that support for a certain rider is quite thin on the ground out your way, as well as Glasgow. A Tiger riders career was ended because of him but one of your posters reckons Glasgow fans anger towards him is appalling.

I'll say no more on the matter as twit for tat gets nowhere.

I agree twit for tat goes nowhere. However you are talking about my post and nowhere did I support Phil Morris and you have twisted what was said.

Here is what I posted:

"the threatening behaviour towards Phil Morris even now is unbelievable".

Anger is one thing but threatening behaviour is a totally different ball game.

Oh dear has the Easy Tiger / Crapzone cold war started up again :rolleyes:

You really mean Sleazy and Chatzone :lol:

As for the posts on the chatzone they are more appauled at what has been allowed to be posted.

I certainly hope that no rider gets attacked as that would be a sad day for speedway but I wouldn't be confident that it won't happen at Ashfield as ref's have needed police to get them out of the stadium safetly. :blink:

You really mean Sleazy and Chatzone :lol:

As for the posts on the chatzone they are more appauled at what has been allowed to be posted.

I certainly hope that no rider gets attacked as that would be a sad day for speedway but I wouldn't be confident that it won't happen at Ashfield as ref's have needed police to get them out of the stadium safetly. :blink:

Wont happen . People generally behave a lot better in real life than they do on forums . 'Cept me of course as i'm always the perfect gentleman . :wink:

Fisher the king of Ashfield. That wont lie well with the Chickens.

Well done Fish fantastic. Also a well done to Stormy and Raj with two very respectable scores.

Well done Fish fantastic. Also a well done to Stormy and Raj with two very respectable scores.

Get a grip , it was a Mickey Mouse meeting . The Fish will be back to being Shane's bitch on the 28th :wink:

Like other individual and shared events that were mickey mouse, but the winning fans were still thinking they were the greatest thing since shortbread.

Im sure your mob would be chanting all kinds of rubbish if Shane or James won the Open. So....... COME ON FISH.

Get a grip , it was a Mickey Mouse meeting . The Fish will be back to being Shane's bitch on the 28th :wink:

Call it what you like but it was a very lucrative meeting for the Fish who will be delighted to take the Ashfield cash home with him. As for petulant Parker lording it at Armadale on the 28th (weather permitting).......aye right. -_-

Edited by Merlin

Call it what you like but it was a very lucrative meeting for the Fish who will be delighted to take the Ashfield cash home with him. As for petualnt Parker lording it at Armadale on the 28th (weather permitting).......aye right.

We shall see :wink: Bring it on .

Call it what you like but it was a very lucrative meeting for the Fish who will be delighted to take the Ashfield cash home with him. As for petulant Parker lording it at Armadale on the 28th (weather permitting).......aye right. -_-

I had Rory Schlein to win this after his superb performance at our very own 80th anniversary meeting.

Well Done to the Fish unfortunately petulant is the best word i can use to describe the last time i saw him riding when he showed me, snyper and a backstraight of others he wasn't wearing a wedding ring on his right hand at Worky :wink:

Do you personally feel he will be EL next season at the rate he is going will his average allow him to double up/down

Well, Fisher was expected to win the meeting. After all, he is a future GP rider. :rolleyes::lol:

All the best

Rob

We shall see :wink: Bring it on .

Not for me I'm afraid. As you well know I hate Edinburgh v Glasgow clashes. I can't be bothered with what I perceive to be the naked hatred on display between the rival fans.

Having now read some of the comments on the Glasgow fans forum I'm glad I wasn't there yesterday. Having had a chance to chat with friends whop were there it seems from what they have said that the Glasgow reaction to the final heat was just an excuse to give vent to their feelings of annoyance that Fisher won the meeting having eliminated the two Glasgow contenders in the semi-final.

I'm told that the grip Fisher picked up off that now infamous 'quirky Ashfield second bend' (quote Paulco!) was exactly what happened to Fisher when Tomas Topinka shot across his path in the Teams of Four at Workington. Of course Glasgow fans won't have seen that because they weren't there.

No big issue was made of that incident because it sometimes happens in speedway but, of course, when Fisher picks up grip it has to be deliberate and, according to Glasgow posters, has to be a dirty move to try and cause an accident to the other rider involved. I guess that Ryan will never get any credit for anything he does at Ashfield from now on. It sems to be that he is now top of the Ashfield hate list. Pity because whatever anybody else thinks I enjoy watching him ride. He always gives it his all and you can't ask for more from a rider.

Not for me I'm afraid. As you well know I hate Edinburgh v Glasgow clashes. I can't be bothered with what I perceive to be the naked hatred on display between the rival fans.

Having now read some of the comments on the Glasgow fans forum I'm glad I wasn't there yesterday. Having had a chance to chat with friends whop were there it seems from what they have said that the Glasgow reaction to the final heat was just an excuse to give vent to their feelings of annoyance that Fisher won the meeting having eliminated the two Glasgow contenders in the semi-final.

I'm told that the grip Fisher picked up off that now infamous 'quirky Ashfield second bend' (quote Paulco!) was exactly what happened to Fisher when Tomas Topinka shot across his path in the Teams of Four at Workington. Of course Glasgow fans won't have seen that because they weren't there.

No big issue was made of that incident because it sometimes happens in speedway but, of course, when Fisher picks up grip it has to be deliberate and, according to Glasgow posters, has to be a dirty move to try and cause an accident to the other rider involved. I guess that Ryan will never get any credit for anything he does at Ashfield from now on. It sems to be that he is now top of the Ashfield hate list. Pity because whatever anybody else thinks I enjoy watching him ride. He always gives it his all and you can't ask for more from a rider.

Sorry you feel that way , as we've enjoyed many a derby together . I didn't go yesterday either as i cant be bothered with non-team meetings , but that will be two weeks in a row Fisher has had problems out there , and as you well know - that bend is tricky .

It certainly seems to be that nowadays the bile served out to Fisher at Ashfield has usurped anything suffered by either Grieves or Parker at Armadale . That is sad as Fisher is a racer worth the admission money .

Maybe it's time for people to think a wee bit what they are doing , yes we enjoy the rivalry between our two clubs , but we have to be careful it doesn't cross the line into something more toxic . We have a difficult enough time attracting riders north of the border , without the added disadvantage of the abuse they might suffer being a consideration .

Sorry you feel that way , as we've enjoyed many a derby together . I didn't go yesterday either as i cant be bothered with non-team meetings , but that will be two weeks in a row Fisher has had problems out there , and as you well know - that bend is tricky .

It certainly seems to be that nowadays the bile served out to Fisher at Ashfield has usurped anything suffered by either Grieves or Parker at Armadale . That is sad as Fisher is a racer worth the admission money .

Maybe it's time for people to think a wee bit what they are doing , yes we enjoy the rivalry between our two clubs , but we have to be careful it doesn't cross the line into something more toxic . We have a difficult enough time attracting riders north of the border , without the added disadvantage of the abuse they might suffer being a consideration .

I didn't mean to give the impression I wouldn't be there on the 28th. I meant I don't share the 'bring it on' view. Part of the trouble with these Edinburgh v Glasgow clashes is that there are too many of them. Spring Trophy, Premier trophy, Premier League, Scottish Cuip - there was even a Scottish triangle threatened as well. Then you get the Ashfield Classic and Scottish Open with a fair mixture of Edinburgh and Glasgow riders. Thank goodness we didn't meet in the KO Cup. It's the same old riders over and over again as far as I'm concerned. No wonder I enjoy the one off meetings against the Southern sides most of whose riders we see only once a year.