British Speedway Forum
racers and royals

World U21 Final 3rd October Gorican

Are you for real? Do you realise what is happening in young Woffinden's life at the moment?

You are just scum. :mad:

Congratulations to Darcy Ward. And hard luck to Tai Woffinden.

All the best

Rob

Well said Lucifer, you got it right with SCUM.

It's the same as all the one off World Finals, lots of if's and but's and maybes but only one deserved winner.

I agree - after all, few people champion the idea of returning to the old WF than I do... :rolleyes:

BUT the previous poster had poured scorn on the suggestion that Tai might've scored significant points in the race in which he was disqualified (sic) for a tapes offence.. I'd respectfully suggest that the "ifs and buts" in this case strongly suggest he WOULD have done..

But all this speculation and discussion is and was what makes the sudden death format so exciting...

So bad luck Tai, well done Darcy and yes, BRING BACK THE WORLD FINAL!! :approve:

Nevermind Tai there's always next year. Good score for Nicolai too. Well done Darcy, shame Nicolai couldn't beat him to set up a 4 way tie for 1st place!

arrogant my arse, maybe if you actually knew anything about him you would choose your words more carefully
That's how he comes across on TV, maybe Tai should engage brain before talking.

Why do you feel the need to slag tai off, you obviously have no respect for speedway rider's....arrogant my arse, maybe if you actually knew anything about him you would choose your words more carefully

So a 19 year old on tele saying that riders were riding the wrong lines etc is not arrogant, the way he reacted to his mistake at Lakeside when threatening anyne who came in his way.

I feel very sorry for the lad for what's happening to him personally have no doubt he will become a great rider.

I cannot believe the stick young Tai gets on this forum!!!Nothing like knocking Britains/Englands best young rider by a country mile. Fare play to Darcy he took his chance, but it was Tais to lose (still next year). Well done Paddy H :wink:

Poor Tai, looks like he was very unlucky...

...and so was Janowski.

If it was not for this fall in his third heat, he also could have been

world champion.

Yep, good point, we have tended to focus on the riders we know. It sounds like a cracking meeting, anyway. Is Janowski of an age to have another crack next year, like Ward and Woffinden?

Yep, good point, we have tended to focus on the riders we know. It sounds like a cracking meeting, anyway. Is Janowski of an age to have another crack next year, like Ward and Woffinden?

The Kumla Semi Final programme quoted Janowski's age as 17.

said I'd buy the DVD if he won so it's a visit to www.cleancutsports.com for me eh ballinger :)

I highly recommend the DVD. Beside the usual good production from Mr. Ballinger, the pre and post meeting interviews should be interesting. :wink:

Hey Tai,

You dont see any Aussie fans pulling Darcy down. You would be welcome to take an Aussie Licence as Crump has.

This guy needs your support not pulling apart.

I highly recommend the DVD. Beside the usual good production from Mr. Ballinger, the pre and post meeting interviews should be interesting. :wink:

You did a great job mate!

Darcy Ward is as already said a one off talent with the world at his feet & well done to him for winning. Tai i really feel for, he has been given a bit of bad press recently with some of his strops but with whats going on in his personal life & the emotions that will be running through his head i am amazed at how well he is coping. I have been through what he is going through now & i dropped to bits & he is still putting in supreme performances so well done to him. I have no doubt that Tai is the next british world champion in the making & although his father who has been the driving force in Tai's life probably won't be around to see him lift the title i'm sure he'll know his son is destined for the top.

Si.

Hey Tai,

You dont see any Aussie fans pulling Darcy down. You would be welcome to take an Aussie Licence as Crump has.

This guy needs your support not pulling apart.

Agreed, they should be totally ashamed of themselves, in the cold light of day I would be ...........

Congratulations To Darcy, yesterday was the first time ive seen him ride and I cant help feeling he is the best rider ive ever seen at such a young age. The track was very grippy yesterday which caught out some of the riders & Lewis's bikes did not look quick enough. Tai was head & shoulders above everyone & you could only feel sorry for him , this is definatley the one that got away. Darcy said after the meeting that his goal was to be in the GP for 2012 but I think he could hold his own now. I was feeling very down about the future of speedway with the Russian looking to dominate the foreseable future but now I think maybe Darcy and Tai will give him more tha a run for his money.

Edited by Paragon