British Speedway Forum

Come on Shadders what did you expect man it is bloody January for gawds sake ! I have seen some PL & PT matches as bad !

Its called the NEWPORT CLASSIC so I say let it remain at Newport its their baby ! Especially in memory of Tim !!!!!!!!

I'm not Shadders but I'll answer.

Some racing. Don't say it's not possible, it has been in the past, at Poole and Newport.

It's called the New Year Classic. Newport is not in the title. Some people mention Newport started this meeting, well technically, Tim Stone started it, not the Malletts so why should they benefit any more than someone else?

I'm not Shadders but I'll answer.

Some racing. Don't say it's not possible, it has been in the past, at Poole and Newport.

It's called the New Year Classic. Newport is not in the title. Some people mention Newport started this meeting, well technically, Tim Stone started it, not the Malletts so why should they benefit any more than someone else?

Exactly. Time for it to be passed around. :approve:

No, keep it in Newport! its not as a prestigous event like the Premier League Individual, Pairs, and 4TT Chapionships, which SHOULD have a different track each year (should be held at an elite league track so know one has home track advantage)! it belongs in Newport and should stay in Newport.

Exactly. Time for it to be passed around. :approve:

It should always be held at Newport and renamed 'THE TIM STONE MEMORIAL NEW YEAR CLASSIC'

If it hadn't been for Tim it would never have happened as nobody else would have come up with the idea.

I remember Tim Stone explaining to me and my father that no other club would host the event because of the threat of bad weather, as well as most clubs not being able to run the meeting.

Tim took the chance on hosting the meeting year on year. Poole had it last year no problems with that as when they were confirmed to be running it, Newport's future was still in doubt.

If Poole are that desparate, apply for the December or Febuary meeting instead.

Newport started the event, no body else wanted to know until last year.

I remember Tim Stone explaining to me and my father that no other club would host the event because of the threat of bad weather, as well as most clubs not being able to run the meeting.

Tim took the chance on hosting the meeting year on year. Poole had it last year no problems with that as when they were confirmed to be running it, Newport's future was still in doubt.

If Poole are that desparate, apply for the December or Febuary meeting instead.

Newport started the event, no body else wanted to know until last year.

I am not advocating Poole running it. Just share it around clubs who do want to run it. There's no reason why it should be at Newport every year.

I am not advocating Poole running it. Just share it around clubs who do want to run it. There's no reason why it should be at Newport every year.

:lol::lol:

Stop it,my ribs are hurting :rolleyes:

It`s an individual meeting that`s been held at Newport bar one year when the club was in a state of flux.

Are you honestly telling me and many others that other tracks individual meetings should be held at different tracks around the country?

I can`t see many people travelling all the way up to Scotland to watch Poole`s Blue Riband trophy :rolleyes::lol:

Stop it,my ribs are hurting :rolleyes:

It`s an individual meeting that`s been held at Newport bar one year when the club was in a state of flux.

Are you honestly telling me and many others that other tracks individual meetings should be held at different tracks around the country?

I can`t see many people travelling all the way up to Scotland to watch Poole`s Blue Riband trophy :rolleyes::lol:

all i can say DB is that the Shovlar household must be dire need of air freshener with all that's come out of poor man's backside. :wink:

Edited by colincooke

Steve, you never answered my earlier point, I asked that if Poole had come up with the idea of a January meeting that was a gamble and a success would you still be so keen to have it shared around ?

Somehow I dont think your views would be the same would they ?

Why is there only one meeting allowed per off season month?

Why is there only one meeting allowed per off season month?

so as daft people can ask daft questions. :blink::P

so as daft people can ask daft questions. :blink::P

Been at the sherry again? :blink:

Steve, you never answered my earlier point, I asked that if Poole had come up with the idea of a January meeting that was a gamble and a success would you still be so keen to have it shared around ?

Somehow I dont think your views would be the same would they ?

I don't see why not. A winter meeting should be shared around. Let fans around the country get the opportunity to watch the winter meeting on their home track. Why not in 2011 have it at Eastbourne or Lakeside? Then in 2012 in Manchester or Sheffield?( Who used to run it before Newport anyway)

I am not saying bring it back to Poole. Share it around. It's only fair.

I am most certainly not bitter at all! :D

Sheffield ran the winter meeting before Newport. Why shouldn't they have it back?

Sheffield ran the winter meeting before Newport. Why shouldn't they have it back?

What year did they last run the event?