British Speedway Forum

This has been the coldest winter in Newport I can remember in all honesty.

Must admit the meeting was poor but as I have said, with such cold weather there aint a lot you can do.

Sorry about lack of match report. Will be on this evening without fail! :lol:

You dont compare Elite and Premier during the season so why do it for an individual.

Do you not read this forum? It happens all the time!

Of course you can compare 2 individiual meetings regardless of what track they're at.

Poole was easily the best winter meeting I've been to. Scunthorpe last week was probably easily the worst. The line-up at Poole last year was excellent, unlike the 2 meetings this winter.

The late withdrawals were something no one could have predicted. Jerran Hart got as far as Reading Services and had to turn back home unable to make it despite doing his best to. We cannot cater for illness and I spent hours and hours on my phone trying to locate every rider still in the UK to see if they could ride but the main problem was that most did not have any equipment ready yet and Will Lawson was snowed in as well!!

I must thank all those who at the 11th hour stepped in to ensure we had a full line-up and at least one reserve. Except for exclusions we had four man races right to the end --so thanks to all the lads for battling on on the day when things were not perfect taking into account the winter elements. The track staff had worked throughout the holiday period on the track having to battle against the weather and deserve a medal!!

Edited by Main Man

I thought it went o.k.,but what`s with having no bar on the second bend,me and the Moose had to keep walking around to the bar on the home straight.

It was a wrong`un :mad: ....... :lol:

About as likely as you not being an arse I suppose.

Do I know you? What's the matter, mate, someone pinch yer bowl of milk? :blink:

I don't believe I've had the misfortune of meeting you, s'pose I should count me blessings, eh? :rolleyes:

It never ceases to amaze me the folks that come on here whingeing - I thought this was a forum for Speedway Fans?They can't even wait for a meeting to finish before they vent their bile in their attempts to belittle the hard-working folks, promoters, track staff and riders alike, that actually get off their backsides, get their hands dirty and attempt to put on a show. Maybe they should take up another sport? :approve:

Well done to the WASPS crew for providing some out-of-season entertainment for the speedway-starved Pomgolian public.

As for the whingers - I've never felt good about wishing misfortune on anyone, but in this case I'll make an exception. :lol:

It never ceases to amaze me the folks that come on here whingeing - I thought this was a forum for Speedway Fans?They can't even wait for a meeting to finish before they vent their bile in their attempts to belittle the hard-working folks, promoters, track staff and riders alike, that actually get off their backsides, get their hands dirty and attempt to put on a show. Maybe they should take up another sport? :approve:

Well done to the WASPS crew for providing some out-of-season entertainment for the speedway-starved Pomgolian public.

As for the whingers - I've never felt good about wishing misfortune on anyone, but in this case I'll make an exception. :lol:

You know... I wondered how long it would take for someone like you to come here and defend (you know, someone who wasn't at the meeting to see how things actually went on the day)... Wonderful how you can tell that there was "entertainment" from 1000's of miles away (you call a meeting that was freezing cold with 20 heats, numerous reruns and barely 1 pass "entertainment- give me some of what you're on) WE'RE ALL SPEEDWAY FANS OR WHY ELSE WOULD WE HAVE TRAVELLED!!.... The whingers ARE NOT trying to belittle anyone... In fact, I DO credit Newport for trying but last year at Poole, in the same kind of cold climate, was a far better show!! (Hell, you've even seen Wanna say it was poor and you know how far he'll go to lick Nick Mallet's rear end :wink: )

You know... I wondered how long it would take for someone like you to come here and defend (you know, someone who wasn't at the meeting to see how things actually went on the day)... Wonderful how you can tell that there was "entertainment" from 1000's of miles away (you call a meeting that was freezing cold with 20 heats, numerous reruns and barely 1 pass "entertainment- give me some of what you're on) WE'RE ALL SPEEDWAY FANS OR WHY ELSE WOULD WE HAVE TRAVELLED!!.... The whingers ARE NOT trying to belittle anyone... In fact, I DO credit Newport for trying but last year at Poole, in the same kind of cold climate, was a far better show!! (Hell, you've even seen Wanna say it was poor and you know how far he'll go to lick Nick Mallet's rear end :wink: )

And a Happy new year to you as well Sarah :lol:

Someone like me - you mean someone who doesn't whinge at the drop of a hat? :rolleyes: I was at a meeting that was freezing cold on Saturday night as well, don't hear me whinge. B)

Always the Negative Waves, Man. Can't see anything in your postings praising the Newport Promotion or the Riders. Always the Negative Waves.

Full credit to Newports track staff for getting the track racable... in fact I have to say its the best I seen the track looking in all of my 5 visits there!

Bloody hell it was foooooooooooking cold I spend a good 30/40 minutes queing for hot food by the time I got back to my seat in the first section of the stand it was cold so it promptly went in the bin! Thank God I took a couple of flasks!

I thought the line up was fairly good for this time of the year I would imagine most of the Prem league riders are in Oz at home or racing there ! So a big thank you to those riders who turned up and also a big up to those that stepped into the breach at the last minute !

I honestly don't know what you folks really expect for this time of the year, me I just wanted my fix of the roar of the bikes and the smell to tide me over till March !

Someone like me - you mean someone who doesn't whinge at the drop of a hat? :rolleyes: I was at a meeting that was freezing cold on Saturday night as well, don't hear me whinge. B)

Always the Negative Waves, Man. Can't see anything in your postings praising the Newport Promotion or the Riders. Always the Negative Waves.

You think that's whingeing I'm doing :lol: (Dietbowers knows when I REALLY do whinge)... Nah, that's called just expecting a wee bit more for money than what I got, that's all... I'd count myself as entertained if the £13 was for the wonderful noise of the bikes and methanol fumes, but no... I was just wanting to see more than one pass after the 2nd bend and a race that wasn't won from the gate... If you think that's whingeing, I quite frankly don't give a damn...

p.s. What was your freezing cold then may I ask (did I read it right when I saw a balmy 12 degrees or something close to that :lol: ... 'spose that is like the Arctic for you poor Aussies)...

Do I know you? What's the matter, mate, someone pinch yer bowl of milk? :blink:

I don't believe I've had the misfortune of meeting you, s'pose I should count me blessings, eh? :rolleyes:

meeeow :lol:

but blessings well counted :lol:

This has been the coldest winter in Newport I can remember in all honesty.

Must admit the meeting was poor but as I have said, with such cold weather there aint a lot you can do.

Sorry about lack of match report. Will be on this evening without fail! :lol:

Wanna, I looked out for someone wearing T-shirt and shorts, but couldn't see you. :wink:

All the best

Rob

Wanna, I looked out for someone wearing T-shirt and shorts, but couldn't see you. :wink:

All the best

Rob

Hah,you were too busy looking out for anybody who had cash on them :rolleyes::lol:

Hah,you were too busy looking out for anybody who had cash on them :rolleyes::lol:

Yep. :lol: Dietbowers, nice to meet you for the first time yesterday - and thanks to your contribution to the SRBF collection around two seconds later. :lol:

All the best

Rob

Yep. :lol: Dietbowers, nice to meet you for the first time yesterday - and thanks to your contribution to the SRBF collection around two seconds later. :lol:

All the best

Rob

No problem young man,just don`t make a habit of taking my money off me :lol:

It cost me a packet yesterday,numerous pints of `Bow,a roast dinner for the gravy swilling swamp donkey a.k.a. the Moose,and the Brick,plus a tenner for the Moose for winning our speedway fantasy competition.

Must admit it was a lot more cheap last year when they had the Classic at Poole :lol: