British Speedway Forum

You don't get what i am getting at,but over the next few days you will(hopefully)

Wasnt aimed at you i assumed your reply was a little tounge in cheek. Some of the others on here moan about everything.

Apparently, the old tarmac yard IS going to accomodate the extra parking, although, I still maintain it isn't big enough, and it's too close to the stadium where the road system is extremely poor. Pindar road will be more than useful to those who are travelling by car, and it is only a short walk to the stadium.

Edited by srbramble

Field has now been increased from 16 riders to 20 riders. Riders added are Kaspazak, Topinka, Watson, Barker, Johnston and Bergstrom. Really like the look of this field. Top four anyone??

Crump

Pedersen

Woffinden

Lindgren

Just my opinion

Field has now been increased from 16 riders to 20 riders. Riders added are Kaspazak, Topinka, Watson, Barker, Johnston and Bergstrom. Really like the look of this field. Top four anyone??

Crump

Pedersen

Woffinden

Lindgren

Just my opinion

At last they have named him :wink:

At last they have named him :wink:

Oh i get it now :lol: . Im a big fan of Topinka he certainly has the credentials to beat some of the top riders at Rye House.

At last they have named him

WHAT you had inside knowledge of TT being in the meeting :rolleyes: lol

WHAT you had inside knowledge of TT being in the meeting :rolleyes: lol

Yeah i'm psychic didn't you know :wink: .

Lottery numbers for Saturday are 4,13,18,25,38,43,i better put a £1 on that myself now just in case.

Glad the news about the 20 riders is out. I've known for a couple of weeks, since I worked out a 20-rider, 20-heat format on behalf of Paul Ackroyd.

For the last week, when people have been saying there's only two names to go, I've been wanting to say "well, actually you're in for a pleasant surprise...", but the news is now out officially. :approve:

All the best

Rob

How does the 20 rider format work mate? :blink:

as it's 20 heats still maybe each has 4 instead of 5 rides each. :unsure:

How that works as all will meet each other, well, i'll leave that answer to Rob.

Edited by colincooke

Glad the news about the 20 riders is out. I've known for a couple of weeks, since I worked out a 20-rider, 20-heat format on behalf of Paul Ackroyd.

For the last week, when people have been saying there's only two names to go, I've been wanting to say "well, actually you're in for a pleasant surprise...", but the news is now out officially. :approve:

All the best

Rob

How did you do that? If you have 16 riders over 20 heats, each will meet just once over the course of the meeting. With 20 some will not meet over 20 heats.

In an earlier post I, somewhat tongue-in-cheek, suggested that Len run his old 'Champions Chase' type event. However, with the numbers getting closer why not adopt the seecond version of the GP series (pinched in part by Ole Olsen). You just have to seed 8 riders who do not enter the competion proper until the field is reduced to 16.

How does the 20 rider format work mate? :blink:

Each of the 20 riders has 4 qualifying heats, one off each gate. Each rider will meet 12 of his fellow riders in the heats - no riders meet each other more than once in the heats. Don't worry, Jason Crump and Nicki Pedersen WILL meet, just as they will both meet Leigh Adams and Freddie Lindgren during the course of the heats.

The top two from the qualifying heats go directly to the final, the next four to the semi-final (same as PLRC & ELRC).

EDIT: Tocha, the problem with the GP KO system is that you don't get to see the top riders until halfway though the meeting.

All the best

Rob

Edited by lucifer sam

Looking at the names the names that have been added it makes the event look even better, I still think not including Luke Bowen is an oversight though. Should be an absolute cracker.

Looking at the names the names that have been added it makes the event look even better, I still think not including Luke Bowen is an oversight though. Should be an absolute cracker.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

sorry but he is local and had bad luck with injuries, exactly the kind of rider this meeting is about and is better than the likes of viktor bergstrom.