British Speedway Forum

Glad it`s not today,I`m in no fit state to drive :rolleyes::lol:

Looking forward to next week though.

Mine's a Carlsberg Export. :approve:

Mine's a Carlsberg Export. :approve:

Aye,o.k. :lol:,and while you`re at the bar,I`ll have a `Bow,the wife will have a lager,the Moose will also have a `Bow,and the Sump will have a Guiness :lol:

I bet you`re glad you offered now :P

Aye,o.k. :lol: ,and while you`re at the bar,I`ll have a `Bow,the wife will have a lager,the Moose will also have a `Bow,and the Sump will have a Guiness :lol:

I bet you`re glad you offered now :P

More chance of your daughter wearing my Nicki P hat!!!

See you there pal. :lol:

i'm not a fan of individual or challenge meetings, in fact i've been to very few in the last twenty years. for this event i'm probably going to make the effort, it's for a very good cause and it will be interesting to see how these world class riders perform on the tricky rye house circuit.

I'm in 2 minds at the moment. This is a great cause, Topinka's in the line up and it won't be very often I'll get to see him up against the worlds best but it's also United v Fulham.

The weather may be the decider.

im still undecided but my brother and mates are going.come on convince me :unsure:

im still undecided but my brother and mates are going.come on convince me :unsure:

Money raised will go to the Speedway Riders Benevolent Fund .... What better reason is there to go? :blink:

Money raised will go to the Speedway Riders Benevolent Fund .... What better reason is there to go? :blink:

I agree entirely Shadders.

Does anyone know if Rye stadium has wi-fi????

No wi-fi at stadium. Unless installed over close season. Very much doubt it.

No wi-fi at stadium. Unless installed over close season. Very much doubt it.

Cheers mate.

You thinking of taking your laptop? :blink: Surely the racing won't be that dull ...... :lol: :lol: :lol:

i'm not a fan of individual or challenge meetings, in fact i've been to very few in the last twenty years. for this event i'm probably going to make the effort, it's for a very good cause and it will be interesting to see how these world class riders perform on the tricky rye house circuit.

I recall in the 80s Bruce Penhall riding in a 4 team tournament and he would've broke the track record at the Rye if it weren't for him pulling wheelies for half the race. Can't recall him riding at the Rye other than on that occasion. I also recall a young Hans Nielsen racing to I think an 18 point max in Denmark v England test match. The point is class riders should be able to race any circuit provided it is safe. Rye House should pose no problems for Crump, Adams etc. I just hope the track holds up for a long afternoon of racing and gives the riders on show sufficient racing lines to provide some proper entertainment. Doubtless Woffinden will be pulling his customary cut backs, riding inside and out and in the process showing one or two current/ex-Rockets how the track can and should be ridden.

You thinking of taking your laptop? :blink: Surely the racing won't be that dull ...... :lol::lol::lol:

Wanna watch the football between races! :wink:

I also recall a young Hans Nielsen racing to I think an 18 point max in Denmark v England test match.
I recall him riding in either Bobby Garrad or Kelvin Mullarkey's testimonial back in 1985 or '86. Also remember a very young Jason Crump scoring a point for Peterborough back in the early 90's. Edited by Shadders