British Speedway Forum
GregM

Leszno Gp - 24th April 2010

Staying in Wroclaw again? Hopefully the Bus Driver knows the way!!

Yes we are in Wroclaw the big steel bird touched down 1 hour late but we are here straight down town to sample the local brew and yes its up to standard just back to freshen up then back down there for the night it has to be done pity your not here but you will be with us next year

Yes we are in Wroclaw the big steel bird touched down 1 hour late but we are here straight down town to sample the local brew and yes its up to standard just back to freshen up then back down there for the night it has to be done pity your not here but you will be with us next year

All ok then mate??

Flying Liverpool to Wroclaw 2moz afternoon but still wary as whether to risk it or not given the recent events??

PK apparently was about to board his plane over here & they shut the gate so he's stranded & we've now got Kevin Doolan guesting at Swindon 2nite instead!!!

Still dunno what to do but need 2 book hotel sharpish if i'm going!!!

Off to the Texas Steakhouse again? Hope the beer's cold and the waitresses are HOT!!!!

Fingers Crossed for next year for Cardiff & SWC but if the IMG plan for GPs in Oz & NZ comes off I may have to rob a bank - ho hum, now where did I leave that souvenir of Gillman Balaclava? Must remember to put it on the right way round this time!!

Off to the Texas Steakhouse again? Hope the beer's cold and the waitresses are HOT!!!!

Fingers Crossed for next year for Cardiff & SWC but if the IMG plan for GPs in Oz & NZ comes off I may have to rob a bank - ho hum, now where did I leave that souvenir of Gillman Balaclava? Must remember to put it on the right way round this time!!

Yes you gussed right we went down to the texas steak house for the night and it was up to its usual standard girls hotter than the food and the beer just as good as ever just got up after a good recovery off to the practice today Brian and the rest of the crew arrive saturday morning so happy days again

Yes you gussed right we went down to the texas steak house for the night and it was up to its usual standard girls hotter than the food and the beer just as good as ever just got up after a good recovery off to the practice today Brian and the rest of the crew arrive saturday morning so happy days again

Half yer luck, mate: I'm having one right now for ya!

When does the draw take place, today or tomorrow?

Today (Fri 23/4/10 ) at 13.00 CET , 12.00 BST, here..Visit GP Website

Edited by speedcrazy

Good point from the draw Heat 10

Emil SAYFUTDINOV

Nicki PEDERSEN

Jason CRUMP

Jaroslaw HAMPEL

Bad point from the 'see the draw live here' as trumpted by the SGP website.........nooooooo.......no video feed meaning i never got to see the hot hot start girls :(

Plus rider number 6 is apparently the invisible man (at time of the draw and right now).

Emil SAYFUTDINOV

Nicki PEDERSEN

Jason CRUMP

Jaroslaw HAMPEL

Bad point from the 'see the draw live here' as trumpted by the SGP website.........nooooooo.......no video feed meaning i never got to see the hot hot start girls :(

Plus rider number 6 is apparently the invisible man (at time of the draw and right now).

6 is now in.......J.Kolodziej (0)

Emil SAYFUTDINOV

Nicki PEDERSEN

Jason CRUMP

Jaroslaw HAMPEL

Dont worry Paul the video feed of the draw will be on the website later surely with the girls in full view !

I think that Pedersen might win tomorrow with Gollob as usual being close.

Crump might still be feeling the injuries and settle for a semi final slot at this stage of the season.

6 is now in.......J.Kolodziej (0)

He always was inserted into number 6 in my own spreadsheet that i use once i saw the blank place appear. At first with the long delay after the drawing of number 5 i presumed someone had dropped a ball!, however, even then i soon realised the reason. Although, not until after thinking maybe they can't spell one of those polish names with 'c' 'z' and 's' all over the joint. I got the hang of that now as well mind :)

Dont worry Paul the video feed of the draw will be on the website later surely with the girls in full view !

I was sadly misled though :(:)

It was seeing a video on the site from last year that i had on my mind, i just presumed it meant the draw was fed live as well. Don't get me wrong i was disappointed from a speedway point of view as well lol, honestly i was.

Draw Update Edit

OK....i know i was wrong but.....girlfriend at work so i'm all alone this evening....yep i just gone and watched the video lol.

Points to be noted post video viewing......wow wow some things ARE worth waiting for......is the old guy doing the draw not interested in women any longer? only why so quick? forget riders being delayed by volcanic ash, i would have took forever......i also would have dropped the cubes they used many times and naturally asked whichever four people should be standing besides me to bend down and pick them up please......a genuine observation, it can't be easy to stand there mute and smiling for five minutes, the girls are actually very good at their 'job'......have you ever seen the horror that is the NASCAR girl after one of their races?.......believe me you'll never fear Jack Nicholson and his axe chopping through your door again.......she has the most horrifying fixed rigid american beauty queen type smile.......pure stepford wives style - fearsome!

Touching on a few other things pre-GP

I mentioned the end of last season that this year's series should be one of the best with at least three in contention, also other good racers in the line up.

I wait with bated breath to see if the biggest boost to the GP's occurs. I refer to the departure of Ole Olsen from the post of race director and a significant change in the preparation of the tracks under the new holder of the post Tony Olsson.

Most people last season after seeing him be interviewed (and i remember reading an article a short while after) took it that there was to be an instant wholesale change. However, at the time i thought he worringly avoided stating that would be the case out and out. Hopefully, he was just trying not to offend or sleight Ole Olsen's previous work?

Certainly the Speedway Star are also adopting a wait and see stance judging from their article 'The Leszno Question'. On the plus side, i think it was on Sky Sports, this week someone stated the track had been given permission to prepare a 'league match' type surface.

So can't wait and fingers crossed that Chris Harris doesn't turn out to be a TOTAL bust (or if he gets injured) or it will be a long year without british representation in the series*. Now that he is a Belle Vue rider let's hope that Hans Andersen returns to his top form and becomes yet another genuine contender for the title.

*Apologies i just realised that Tai Woffinden is technically representing Britain. I just can't get used to the australian accent , no more than i could ever accept a heavily south african accented cricketer being claimed as english when interviewed on tv.

Or does he actually live in the UK now, as in, has been here since a very small child? I seem to remember a thread a while ago which touched upon the fact he doesn't reside here and every single cultural favourite 'this that and the other' on his website is australian. Having said that, i guess quite understandable if he was brought up in Australia. If he, on the whole, is a permanent resident over here since a child (although as i say worryingly strong accent would tend to suggest not?) then all is fine and dandy. I certainly wouldn't hesitate to go (non)home after the season ends to grab the beautiful weather over there.

Anyways, whichever flag he decides to bear publicly and in his heart - the two aren't always the same, look at the increasing number of polish flags of convenience that are carried - i strongly wish him all the best in the series. He definitiely is one of my favourite riders and should do the GP's proud.

Further to the last point, surely we will not get the farce of a polish anthem being played if Emil Sayfutdinov wins? Whilst appreciating he is riding on a polish licence, he is russian of birth etc. If someone takes up a profession in a different country to their birth, they have a licence to work which is under the flag of that country, however, it doesn't change their nationality to that of the licence. I mean do we have factory workers, shelf stackers, fruit pickers etc from abroad who are part of a union over here, and in effect have a british licence to work here temporarily, claim full british nationality?

Edited by manchesterpaul

I refer to the departure of Ole Olsen from the post of race director and a significant change in the preparation of the tracks under the new holder of the post Tony Olsson.

Most people last season after seeing him be interviewed (and i remember reading an article a short while after) took it that there was to be an instant wholesale change. However, at the time i thought he worringly avoided stating that would be the case out and out. Hopefully, he was just trying not to offend or sleight Ole Olsen's previous work?

Certainly the Speedway Star are also adopting a wait and see stance judging from their article 'The Leszno Question'. On the plus side, i think it was on Sky Sports, this week someone stated the track had been given permission to prepare a 'league match' type surface.

Magnus Zetterström said on his facebook, practice went well, slick track tomorrow so I've adjusted the bikes to suit the track.

Edited by MARK246