British Speedway Forum

Raining and I live 10 minutes away from the track :cry:

Certainly not enough to call it off though so fingers crossed that it dies out!!!

Due to a problem with SKY Broadband users (myself included) not being able to connect to Proboards (which host the Speedway Updates site) live updates will be initally available here:

Bob Kilby Memorial

or through the usual updates site: http://www.speedwayupdates.co.uk (Scroll down and click on the Individual Link)

Edited by youngy105

What a miserable night still raining if meeting goes ahead it will not be pleasant..always the bloody same!

What a shame.

Hope the line up doesnt change to much by then. :(

Edit - Bomber wont be there as he has a commitmnt in Poland (he isnt riding in a Bees meeting) so I hope this doesnt affect others.

Edited by Sandie

What a shame.

Hope the line up doesnt change to much by then. :(

Edit - Bomber wont be there as he has a commitmnt in Poland (he isnt riding in a Bees meeting) so I hope this doesnt affect others.

The only one they mentioned tonight as not being available on Sunday was Hans

It started raining at about 415 and hasn't really stopped; not particularly heavy, just murky and miserable. :(

Rough luck on the fans, and of course Bob's family, who fully deserved the line up that had been painstakingly put together by the promotion. I'll be amazed if it's half as good at the weekend. I guess that Emil, Nicki and Jason are the 3 key riders to get back, as they are the biggest names not riding here this summer? :unsure:

ITS OFF now on Sunday at 1800

Thanks Mal-G, this info saved me 60 mile, as i was more than halfway there when i got the information. Unfortunately wont be at the restaging, due to other commitments

It started raining at about 415 and hasn't really stopped

Is that 415AD?

just got back after a nice round trip from dudley.atleast i got a mixedgrill and a pint of speckeld hen from the pub over the road from the stadium.carnt do sunday.aaargh bloody weather :mad:

Emil was booked on a flight leaving the UK on Sunday - there's a chance they'll manage to reschedule so he can race. I heard Pedersen may not be available on Sunday, but perhaps his reported comments to the gate-men on leaving were out of frustration ?

I hope the field is near enough the original line up - it was arguably the best ever assembled at Blundson. Great credit to the organisers, whatever happens.

Emil was booked on a flight leaving the UK on Sunday - there's a chance they'll manage to reschedule so he can race. I heard Pedersen may not be available on Sunday, but perhaps his reported comments to the gate-men on leaving were out of frustration ?

I hope the field is near enough the original line up - it was arguably the best ever assembled at Blundson. Great credit to the organisers, whatever happens.

Agreed - a superb line up that speaks volume about the promotion.

Really hope Sunday is good weather and the line up isnt to much changed

A big shame for all concerned, especially those who slaved away for hours getting the track ready, only for the Great British weather to step in. Annoyingly, rain is forecast for Friday night and all of Saturday, leaving Swindon up the creek somewhat should the Met Office get its predictions right. If Sunday gets called off, I guess the promotion could end up cancelling altogether, unless they have it at the end of the season, alongside Leigh Adams' leaving do.