British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
False dawn

Cardiff 2004 - Block Booking

After the successful "school outing" to Cardiff this year, I been asked to organise a similar block booking of tickets for the 2004 event.

I'm happy to do it, however can I ask for your help so that this doesn't turn into an organisational (and financial) nightmare for me.

1. Please use this thread only for matters relating to the block booking. There are already other threads running to discuss tickets and the GP in general.

2. Only say you want tickets if you're certain you really want them. I have to buy all the tickets in one go and then recover the money from each of you in turn.

I have looked at the details that were published this morning and I would suggest a change from what we did this year. The block we purchased was in M1 overlooking the pits and the first bend. They were £35 (face value) and next year have gone up to £45 with no reduction for children or senior citizens. If we sit slightly further round the first bend we can have tickets priced at £25 or £10 for children and senior citizens.

Click here

As you'll see from the picture, I propose to aim for N4 as our first choice with N3 next and so on.

We need a group of 20 or more to get a discount and the sooner we book up the more chance we have of getting the tickets we want.

Post your tickets orders below but also confirm your booking in an e-mail to me please.

Can I have two adult please FD.

(Mental age don't count so I've been told!)

N4 was where we sat last year and the view was excellent. This section was included as a family group area last year, so if thats the case this time, we may be able to save some extra money by purchasing some family tickets. I need one adult and 2 kids so if anyone wants to be Mr LW for the day, I might agree. :D

I'd be the first to volunteer LW. Trouble is, I have a junior of my own.

Seriously, I am aware that there may be a conflict between the block booking discount and the money that can be saved by purchasing family tickets.

Be assured that I'll get the best deal possible.

If we sit slightly further round the first bend we can have tickets priced at £25 or £10 for children and senior citizens.

Sounds good to me Fd. I would prefer to be a bit further round the bend than we were last year anyway. ;-)

One Adult and one Senior Citizen please.

Gemini, I have no doubt that by June you will be further round the bend. 8)

I'm a definite Fd. Not bothered where we sit but be aware that certain areas are "no airhorns" areas.

You did well with last years seating arrangement, (and maybe I'll get to speak to Norbold this time !)

Cheers mate 8) :approve:

Put me down for 1 as well FD. Looks like everyone who I had planned to go with this year have chickened out :-( but at least I'll be with my forum friends :)

Can I have a seat next to Steve Turner please. :)

I think I want at least two more for non-Forum members - if that's allowed - but they are colleagues from work. I wil confirm as soon as possible.

You WANT to sit beside Steve Turner :shock::shock::shock:

Wow! Brave Man!

(sorry Steve couldn't resist xx :twisted: )

Good idea to book up early Norbold as I'm sure the seat the other side of Steve will be already taken. ;)

You WANT to sit beside Steve Turner :shock::shock::shock:

Wow! Brave Man!

(sorry Steve couldn't resist xx :twisted: )

From what I remember of this year's Grand Prix, better Steve Turner than Full Throttle! No offence, FT, I'm sure you are a jolly decent chap, but with FT around who cares about the noise from air horns! ;-)

I'd like at least 3 and possibly 4, will find out in the next week and a half for sure, when do you need to know by ideally :?:

I am rapidly getting towards the 20 (or more) we need to obtain the 10% discount. I would prefer to book the block as early as possible in order to get the location we want. At the moment it's looking like I'll be ready by the middle of next week at the latest.

Thanks FD you're a star-Count me in.

Please let me know by e-mail when you want paying for the ticket.

2 adults please

Hope you don't mind me & my dad gatecrashing this party. Just I was highly annoyed as the block we sat in last year, well lets just say, i've seen more atmosphere at a funeral!

I love sitting somewhere with louder supporters to make some atmosphere, so would much appreciate sitting with you guys, not to mention getting to meet some of you. :D

Hope you don't mind!