British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
davidba

Polish Trains+meeting Tickets

Anyone who's been to Poznan/Leszno before who can help me re my trip there on Sunday?

I arrive in Poznan airport, if on time at 11.10 am, will get the bus L to the train station and then get a train to Leszno.

Now i've got the timetable details but cant book a ticket online at this late juncture(Only found out start time of meeting is 4pm this morning).

Anyone therefore bought train tickets at Poznan station?I read it can take up to an hour to queue to get tickets, but this site was old, is this still the case and will i need to arrive with a translation of my journey requirements to give to the cashier?

Can you buy open day returns or will i have to queue again to get a ticket on the way back?Don't want to commit to an actual train time in advance as you never know with meetings is they will over run.

Finally the stadium in Leszno looks walkable from the train station,but if i'm late or my back hurts too much,are the taxis reliable, any idea of cost?

I know many of you have been to Leszno GP's etc but not sure how many travelled independently?

Is buying tickets for the meeting itself straightforward?

Thanks for any help in advance.

Cheers

Edited by davidba

Anyone who's been to Poznan/Leszno before who can help me re my trip there on Sunday?

I arrive in Poznan airport, if on time at 11.10 am, will get the bus L to the train station and then get a train to Leszno.

Now i've got the timetable details but cant book a ticket online at this late juncture(Only found out start time of meeting is 4pm this morning).

Anyone therefore bought train tickets at Poznan station?I read it can take up to an hour to queue to get tickets, but this site was old, is this still the case and will i need to arrive with a translation of my journey requirements to give to the cashier?

Can you buy open day returns or will i have to queue again to get a ticket on the way back?Don't want to commit to an actual train time in advance as you never know with meetings is they will over run.

Finally the stadium in Leszno looks walkable from the train station,but if i'm late or my back hurts too much,are the taxis reliable, any idea of cost?

I know many of you have been to Leszno GP's etc but not sure how many travelled independently?

Thanks for any help in advance.

Cheers

David you should be able to buy tickets at the station ok - we ve never had to queue for anything more than 10 mins normally for tickets at any of the polish stations we ve been to

A contact for you is jeffery dobeck at pol rail who is extremely helpful( i think his email details are elsewhere on this forum) - my polish is not great but "poprosze 1 biletow w pierwszej klasie do leszna" is 1 return ticket for leszno please first class

The station in leszno is around a 30 min walk away but there are usually taxis outside the station and i wouldnt think it would cost much as its only a 5 min drive away from the track and you should be able to buy tickets for the meeting at the track

Hope this info helps a bit - enjoy leszno its a lovely place with a great speedway stadium :rolleyes:

David,

When you enter Poznan Glowny station through the main entrance there will be ticket desks on both the left and right. The easiest way for a non-Polish speaker to obtain tickets in Poznan is to walk past the ticket desks on the hand side and you will see an ICC office. If you go in there, the people all speak English and will be happy to assist you.

There are different types of trains that run between Leszno and Poznan, some are 'osobowy', which are purely 2nd class, while others are the InterCity trains, which generally run a bit faster - you need to make sure you have the correct ticket for the train you are on, so buying 2 one-ways is probably the wisest move.

Having something written down for when you buy your tickets in Leszno will stand you in good stead.

Enjoy your trip.

Rico :rolleyes:

Thanks Rico and Tractorlady,very helpfull, think i will try the ICC office first in Poznan and write things down for Leszno station if they dont do open returns.

Are the taxi's outside staions metered or do you have to agree a price or risk being fleeced?Will walk if i arrive in plenty of time but if Wizz air are running late then i may have to speed things along.

I've avoided going when the meetings were cancelled due to the air tragedy and also when volcanic ash grounded the planes, now just have to survive the weather and a budget flight with 2 slipped discs!! :lol:

Thanks Rico and Tractorlady,very helpfull, think i will try the ICC office first in Poznan and write things down for Leszno station if they dont do open returns.

Are the taxi's outside staions metered or do you have to agree a price or risk being fleeced?Will walk if i arrive in plenty of time but if Wizz air are running late then i may have to speed things along.

I've avoided going when the meetings were cancelled due to the air tragedy and also when volcanic ash grounded the planes, now just have to survive the weather and a budget flight with 2 slipped discs!! :lol:

Wizz air sell the extra legroom seats which in your condition might be money well spent

Taxis should have their rates displayed in window - I have been fleeced a couple of times in the past but now if I feel I have been diddled I'll happily throw whatever I feel the trip was worth at the driver and get out. You should be fine getting one of the cabs at Poznan airport into town as they have to be licenced. To the station I'd be looking at around 25zl.

In Leszno I'd say it should be no more than 15zl to the track. If you have time it's worth popping into the main square in Leszno and having a refreshment.

I'm sure Mateusz said it was going to be hot in Poland this coming weekend, so don't forget your suncream ;)

Enjoy

Sorry I missed the above bit.

Buying tickets should be straightforward enough. There are lots of ticket booths just as you enter the stadium complex on the right hand side.

Thanks for the info Rico and tractorlady for travelling to/from Poznan.I'm due to fly there in June with Spinking jnr and will be heading to Zielona Gora for their meeting against Leszno.It'll be my 1st time there in Poland(after having to cancel my trip earlier this month)and am looking forward to it immensely.

Oooh nice match to pick Bluejam - should be a belter. Local derby and 2 good teams to boot. I'd look into sorting your tickets in advance for that match as the ZG capacity isn't huge and they sell out for most of their home meets. They've got stadium renovations going on at the moment, not sure if they're going to be finished by the time of this match.

If you need I can perhaps put you in touch with a helpful local.

Oooh nice match to pick Bluejam - should be a belter. Local derby and 2 good teams to boot. I'd look into sorting your tickets in advance for that match as the ZG capacity isn't huge and they sell out for most of their home meets. They've got stadium renovations going on at the moment, not sure if they're going to be finished by the time of this match.

If you need I can perhaps put you in touch with a helpful local.

In that case I'll email ZG and see if they'll reserve me a couple of tickets.I did the same for the Stal Gorzow meet v Bydgoszcz(until it was cancelled) and found the club to be extremely helpful.

I will contact you regarding your help if needed Rico.Many thanks for your help :wink:

Don't you be sepending all your zloty now...: we need some for the following weekend!!! :approve:

I will be an expert in all matters of Polish culture and customs by then!!Especially the one where the young Polish women buy all the drinks!!! :lol:

Back from Poland a few hours ago, really enjoyed it,thanks for all the advice,everything worked out without a hitch(Apart from nearly boarding the Lech Poznan 'hooligan'train to Wroclaw by mistake!!).

The meeting itself wasn't great, too one sided, sadly Tai was just as poor as he was there for the grand prix,completley outpaced, and PK had a mare, 2 points from 5 rides!

However Lewis rode really well and the way he beat Adams in heat 8, after nearly doing it in his previous ride, was worth the admission alone. Hampel and Koldziej just as impressive as at the GP,some good racing and the stadium is of course superb.

Sat with the 'ultra's'at first, good natured despite the football style chanting,drum beating etc.

Had lovely weather for it too, though by the time i got back to Poznan, about 8pm, it was raining and didn't stop until i left today, though not hard enough to spoil my stroll around Poznan this morning.

Looking forward to my trip back to Poznan on 6th June for a meeting against Daugvapils, but before then it's Torun next weekend!! :lol:

Back from Poland a few hours ago, really enjoyed it,thanks for all the advice,everything worked out without a hitch(Apart from nearly boarding the Lech Poznan 'hooligan'train to Wroclaw by mistake!!).

The meeting itself wasn't great, too one sided, sadly Tai was just as poor as he was there for the grand prix,completley outpaced, and PK had a mare, 2 points from 5 rides!

However Lewis rode really well and the way he beat Adams in heat 8, after nearly doing it in his previous ride, was worth the admission alone. Hampel and Koldziej just as impressive as at the GP,some good racing and the stadium is of course superb.

Sat with the 'ultra's'at first, good natured despite the football style chanting,drum beating etc.

Had lovely weather for it too, though by the time i got back to Poznan, about 8pm, it was raining and didn't stop until i left today, though not hard enough to spoil my stroll around Poznan this morning.

Looking forward to my trip back to Poznan on 6th June for a meeting against Daugvapils, but before then it's Torun next weekend!! :lol:

Glad to hear that you're back in one piece! Though less good news to hear the 'r' word mentioned...: don't want any of the wet stuff for next weekend that's for sure.. :neutral:

Was concerned to hear more stories this morning of volcanic dust disrupting flights...: wondered if this was from Iceland again or was from an explosion in London, E1 when your missus heard about those free drinks you got off the Polish hotties...!!! :wink: