British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
sportsnut

10th Year Pre Cardiff Entertainment

my biggest gripe is all the people standing for the welsh anthem, im not welsh so i dont!

It is called "showing respect".

to be fair:

who actually goes for the pre meeting stuff? no one!

if you were going to get any good no one could agree with that size of crowd!

so why even bother.

my biggest gripe is all the people standing for the welsh anthem, im not welsh so i dont!

mind you i dont stand for th British one either as im not german!

lets do away with pompus rubbish like this

Sad person ,you should respect all anthems of all countries

Ever heard of good manners?

Didn't see the forces do their bit but I did see some men in camouflage abseil in to the stadium - so the camouflage didn't work wink.gif. But agreed with comment above - they are our service men and women and it was good to see them there.

BUT - we did see the X factor singers who came across as awful. BUT are they awful or is it simply the acoustics of the stadium?

got to agree sandie rubbish entertainment but i dont think anyone would sound anygood at cardiff.as anyone seen a proper concert there?i take it the sound is better then

got to agree sandie rubbish entertainment but i dont think anyone would sound anygood at cardiff.as anyone seen a proper concert there?i take it the sound is better then

They make changes for music events at the stadium to effect the accoustics.

I've seen the Rolling Stones at the Millennium Stadium and even in the posh seats the accoustics were pretty terrible. Swap Mick Jagger for Miss Frank and you've really got no hope!

philfromcov why not stand up? I bet you made yourself look a right twit sat down as 40,000+ stood up.

It's funny that a lot of the British are the first to say foreigners should abide by the rules and traditions of the country when they visit or come to live in Britain, but ask the same British people to do the same when they go abroad (or even stay within the UK) and their ignorance is embarassing.

I'm not a bleeding heart liberal by any stretch of the imagination but if a country gives you hospitality then the least you can do is stand up and respect their traditions (i.e their anthem).

JT.

nope dont agree to that kind of stuff, i have my principles and i wont be swayed just because of 40 000!

i you want to stand up like mind controlled sheep thats your problem, as i say i don't stand up for the british one either!

the entertainment was very good... or it had the effect that the kids wont watch X factor again!

when bombers on his GP bikes around brandon his normally miles ahead, just goes to show how poor the elite is!

well done Mr holder, excellent to see someone determined to get to the top and still have a smile!

Where were the young riders this year? (start of the meeting).. Should have got Taylor Poole round there :D

Best pre meeting entertainment was on Friday night in the Walkabout Bar, St Mary's Street... Jason Doyle off his face making a right pratt of himself and being shown the door for his trouble... Next on the bill was Darcy Ward (too young to be in there in the first place?) being chased around the bar by a female bouncer before being thrown out with his arm up his back by said door person, quickly followed by the remnants of whatever he was drinking... He was last seen being moved on by four police officers around 1am shouting "An Aussie bar and they won't let me in?" or similar... A couple of little boys who don't know how to behave in public... Chris Holder looked suitably embarrassed :D

Made our own entertainment in the POW , before heading to the stadium at 5 to 5 . Wouldn't bother myself with all that singing nonsense when there's ale to be had .

I'm not Welsh, but I love their anthem... Very stirring, brings a lump to your throat.

I'm not Welsh, but I love their anthem... Very stirring, brings a lump to your throat.

Couldn't agree more mate :approve:

Best pre meeting entertainment was on Friday night in the Walkabout Bar, St Mary's Street... Jason Doyle off his face making a right pratt of himself and being shown the door for his trouble... Next on the bill was Darcy Ward (too young to be in there in the first place?) being chased around the bar by a female bouncer before being thrown out with his arm up his back by said door person, quickly followed by the remnants of whatever he was drinking... He was last seen being moved on by four police officers around 1am shouting "An Aussie bar and they won't let me in?" or similar... A couple of little boys who don't know how to behave in public... Chris Holder looked suitably embarrassed :D

Firstly, I think you'll find Darcy is 18 so IS allowed in Walkabout, & secondly Jason Doyle wasn't even in the meeting so can do what the hell he likes in his own time or does that go against the rules of a miserable arse like you?? Don't suppose you ever went out & got drunk when you were young then? ;-)

Firstly, I think you'll find Darcy is 18 so IS allowed in Walkabout, & secondly Jason Doyle wasn't even in the meeting so can do what the hell he likes in his own time or does that go against the rules of a miserable arse like you?? Don't suppose you ever went out & got drunk when you were young then? ;-)

First Poole fan to bite... Took a while :D