British Speedway Forum
rhidassa

National League Four Team Tournament

yes but then dudley wouldnt have been there.i make the prediction now that there will be more dudley fans there than any other team.including mildenhall

I went to Midenhall v Rye House Cobras last Sunday and was very suprised at the size of the crowd. Very small considering it was a local derby. probably about 50 Rye fans. I know it clashed with the England 20/20 Cricket final but can't believe that would have made much difference to the attendance figures.

Kings Lynn, Rye House and Dudley need to be their just to boost the crowd figures.

Regarding Jerran Hart, is he not obliged to be at this meeting as it is a shared event? I know in the past when the NLRC (formerly CLRC) was at Rye, we usually were away at Stoke and our NL/CL representative, generally being a Rockets reserve, had to be at Rye, whilst we took a guest to Loomer Road...

Strange why Newport aren't represented tbh, quite funny too as the amount of posts from their fans here, they seem the most excited about it :lol:

Edited by RocketBen1

Regarding Jerran Hart, is he not obliged to be at this meeting as it is a shared event? I know in the past when the NLRC (formerly CLRC) was at Rye, we usually were away at Stoke and our NL/CL representative, generally being a Rockets reserve, had to be at Rye, whilst we took a guest to Loomer Road...

Strange why Newport aren't represented tbh, quite funny too as the amount of posts from their fans here, they seem the most excited about it :lol:

The only NL event that takes priority over PL matches is the Riders Championship. So unless Mildenhall have first call on Jerran's services (unlikely as he has already missed matches due to fixture clashes) he will br riding for Scunny that day.

The only NL event that takes priority over PL matches is the Riders Championship. So unless Mildenhall have first call on Jerran's services (unlikely as he has already missed matches due to fixture clashes) he will br riding for Scunny that day.

Could someone explain the criteria for selection for this meeting ? I find it staggering that the Newport Hornets aren't taking part, The team of Atkin, Jones, Newman, and Kurtz would be a very attractive addition.

In all my years of going to speedway, I've never seen a track in such bad condition as that at Mildenhall yesterday, and I hope for the sake of everybody, it's sorted before the 4TT Final.

It's a shame really, because it's a smashing little venue, and the club have a good team, but the track is just not worthy of such a presgtious event in its current state.

In all my years of going to speedway, I've never seen a track in such bad condition as that at Mildenhall yesterday, and I hope for the sake of everybody, it's sorted before the 4TT Final.

It's a shame really, because it's a smashing little venue, and the club have a good team, but the track is just not worthy of such a presgtious event in its current state.

i thought about going to mildenhall yesterday but when i noticed the cars were racing on saturday night i went to newport instead. i always plan my visits to west row around the stock car fixture list. no cars = more time to prepare a decent track.

i thought about going to mildenhall yesterday but when i noticed the cars were racing on saturday night i went to newport instead. i always plan my visits to west row around the stock car fixture list. no cars = more time to prepare a decent track.

That's obviously why things were so bad then. Hopefully there were won't be a car meeting the night before the 4TT.

That's obviously why things were so bad then. Hopefully there were won't be a car meeting the night before the 4TT.

dont hold your breath. last time there was no stocks the night before a meeting the stadium owner still wouldnt allow watering before 2.p.m so the track ended up just the same.dusty slick and dangerous. no fault of the trackstaff.

Looking on RDC Promotion's site, theres a stockcar meeting at Mildenhall on 29th May.. then not another until June 12th. So hopefully, the track can be decent for the 4TT.

Looking on RDC Promotion's site, theres a stockcar meeting at Mildenhall on 29th May.. then not another until June 12th. So hopefully, the track can be decent for the 4TT.

unless the stadium owner allows the track staff to get water into the base before 2.p.m which he didnt the last time there was no stock cars before a speedway match i think it was the mildenhall v rye match then the track will be like it was on sunday, s..te

Cannae comment, this meeting will be my first trip to Mildenhall this year.

What's the format, please, and how many heats? Two eight-heat semis and a 12-heat final, or 16-heat final?

Is it four-man teams plus a reserve or five-man teams a la SWC? Or what?

What's the format, please, and how many heats? Two eight-heat semis and a 12-heat final, or 16-heat final?

Is it four-man teams plus a reserve or five-man teams a la SWC? Or what?

Format will be identical to the last one held (at Stoke) in 2008.

That's two eight heat 'semis' (with heats from each held alternately in this first part of the meeting - advantage being no-one ever then has two rides on the trot); followed by an EIGHT heat Final.

Teams are FOUR men, no reserves.

Have copied this in the other 4TT thread over in the 'Testimonials' (sic) section.