British Speedway Forum

Admit it mate you are a Drama Queen. :D :D

YES he is a drama queen!!! :lol:

He forgets im the one drivin down to Somerset, then to cardiff then back up to Leeds when its all over, he just has to sit there listenin to whatever rubbish he sticks on a cd for the entire journey with his feet up!! :blink:

He forgets im the one drivin down to Somerset, then to cardiff then back up to Leeds when its all over, he just has to sit there listenin to whatever rubbish he sticks on a cd for the entire journey with his feet up!! :blink:

I'm being dead serious here, I hope you make him pay for everything that weekend. If not I'd seriously consider dropping him off at Somerset and then come home again ;)

I reckon that's fair enough . Sorting the music out for a long journey can be quite stressful .

Ok, so qualification could be based on the riders for your team that compete in Heat 15's up until the cut off date - irrespective of competition...

List the riders that race in heat 15 every meeting and list their scores (incl bonus points)

Calculate their averages based only on their heat 15 appearances, and this will give you the top 2 from the season (Note that the rider should have been in the team for the season!!! just to make it clear!!! - though maybe qualification should be based on appearing say 10 times in a heat 15...)

These 2 will be the ones that represent you at Finals day...

Qualification is based on the highest 10 pairs averages from heat 15's...

Bonza!

Edited by Nutz

Ok, so qualification could be based on the riders for your team that compete in Heat 15's up until the cut off date - irrespective of competition...

List the riders that race in heat 15 every meeting and list their scores (incl bonus points)

Calculate their averages based only on their heat 15 appearances, and this will give you the top 2 from the season (Note that the rider should have been in the team for the season!!! just to make it clear!!! - though maybe qualification should be based on appearing say 10 times in a heat 15...)

These 2 will be the ones that represent you at Finals day...

Qualification is based on the highest 10 pairs averages from heat 15's...

Bonza!

We went down the heat 15 route a couple of years back - Kings Lynn lost out :shock: .

It's a novelty tournament that has no great importance in the grand scheme of things , but it can provide great entertainment . 9 highest combined averaged riders , plus the hosts is fair enough .

RocketBen, two groups of seven with each pair in six qualifying riders would be two groups of 21 heats, plus a final, a total of 43 races. That's too many.

You ideally want a maximum of somewhere around 25 races.

All the best

Rob

Of course, had a silly moment with my maths :lol:

Another thought, with the possible addition of Leicester and Sittingbourne Central Park next season, that would give us 16 teams. It'd be interesting to see all teams represented with a straight knock out format used. I believe that would leave us with 15 races, no more or less than a usual meeting, whilst the straight knock out format would keep things interesting.

Another thought, with the possible addition of Leicester and Sittingbourne Central Park next season, that would give us 16 teams. It'd be interesting to see all teams represented with a straight knock out format used. I believe that would leave us with 15 races, no more or less than a usual meeting, whilst the straight knock out format would keep things interesting.

For years, the National League pairs took place with 16 teams under a 27-heat format. 16 = 4 groups of 4, so it works out nicely.

I agree that a straight KO would be interesting, but it's a long way for riders to travel for just the 1 ride.

All the best

Rob

RocketBen, two groups of seven with each pair in six qualifying riders would be two groups of 21 heats, plus a final, a total of 43 races. That's too many.

You ideally want a maximum of somewhere around 25 races.

All the best

Rob

Radical, I know, but why not have 2 x semi finals at two geographically suitable tracks. The "classic" best pairs formula of 7 x pairs racing each other once over 20 heats, top three and highest points-scoring fourth placed pair through to the final. :wink:

So Shadders, your night out in Cardiff may have to be put on hold after all B)

I hope so... Looking forward to the hog roast and scrumpy as I missed out last year :P ... I had chicken curry and no alcohol as I was driving.

B4e ain't keen on going to the Pairs as the Bandits aren't represented and her family won't be there.

Edited by Shadders

B4e ain't keen on going to the Pairs as the Bandits aren't represented and her family won't be there.

Not just that... You would be able to drink Scrumpy this year if we go... I can't :cry:

Radical, I know, but why not have 2 x semi finals at two geographically suitable tracks. The "classic" best pairs formula of 7 x pairs racing each other once over 20 heats, top three and highest points-scoring fourth placed pair through to the final. :wink:

Not a bad idea at all. Say you've got 15 teams in the league next year. Seed Somerset to the final as hosts. 7 teams in each semi, top three through. It would work I reckon. Northern group would be e.g. Glasgow, Edinburgh, Berwick, Newcastle, Redcar, Workington and Sheffield. Rest in the southern group.

Three cracking meetings and a fair format. Hey, even Najjer may improve. :lol:

All the best

Rob

Edited by lucifer sam

Not a bad idea at all. Say you've got 15 teams in the league next year. Seed Somerset to the final as hosts. 7 teams in each semi, top three through. It would work I reckon. Northern group would be e.g. Glasgow, Edinburgh, Berwick, Newcastle, Redcar, Workington and Sheffield. Rest in the southern group.

All the best

Rob

And which tracks would you hold the qualifiers on?

Riders don't want to travel miles upon miles, to race one heat. That's why the Champions Chase was dumped (Out of interest, I thought the format for the Champions Chase was brilliant). I'd also be pretty naffed if I travelled somewhere to see my team ride 1 race and then be dumped out.

Also, you were right in that Somerset's curfew is 10pm.

All the best

Rob

The only thing would be, would the pre-qualifiers be well supported? There is only one way to find out...

Riders don't want to travel miles upon miles, to race one heat. That's why the Champions Chase was dumped (Out of interest, I thought the format for the Champions Chase was brilliant). I'd also be pretty naffed if I travelled somewhere to see my team ride 1 race and then be dumped out.

Also, you were right in that Somerset's curfew is 10pm.

True, but they'd just have to make sure they don't lose in their first race then. Of course, the Pairs always attracts a lot of fans as it is the night before Cardiff so I think there'd still be a large crowd. Until there's enough teams of course it won't happen and as people in high places don't like change, unless it is pointless or makes the sport more of a joke, then it won't happen.