British Speedway Forum

Surely if Somerset's curfew is a problem with having more heats the whole event should be moved to a nearby track with no passing... :shock:

Edited for accuracy

Edited for accuracy

Rye House is not nearby Shadders :wink::P

Rye House is not nearby Shadders :wink::P

Predictable :D

Predictable :D

You left yourself open,it would have been rude not to take advantage :wink::lol::P

You left yourself open,it would have been rude not to take advantage :wink::lol::P

You must be on a rest day tomorrow :D

I've had my long weekend. Back in at 5.30 tomorrow morning :sad:

Edited by Shadders

You must be on a rest day tomorrow :D

I've had my long weekend. Back in at 5.30 tomorrow morning :sad:

12.30 start tomorrow,and being an indoor Postman,what`s a long weekend? :lol:

Well cheesed off though,was hoping to make the Diamonds trip to Somerset Friday,but I have to lock up the building,and work the Saturday for my mate so I can have the GP day off :rolleyes:

Edited for accuracy

Will give the Rockets a decent chance then.

Will give the Rockets a decent chance then.

That's why I'm going... We're unbeaten at both tracks already this year :approve:

Newport might be getting lights, but there's no decent racing track on the horizon yet, so the Wasps fans will have to pack their toys away again and put up with National League racing on the horizon of the Grand Prix.

Somerset have hosted 3 pairs events and completed all of them within the curfew time, and that's included events where there has been plenty of incidents and and accidents.

going to this and staying in a country type hotel about a mile down the road.no idea what its called.anyone staying there and anyone know if its anygood.the hotels right turn out of the stadium if thats any help :)

Newport might be getting lights, but there's no decent racing track on the horizon yet, so the Wasps fans will have to pack their toys away again and put up with National League racing on the horizon of the Grand Prix.

Somerset have hosted 3 pairs events and completed all of them within the curfew time, and that's included events where there has been plenty of incidents and and accidents.

I remember a long delay last year when Parker was injured... Didn't they have to forgo the 3rd/4th place heat due to the curfew?

I remember a long delay last year when Parker was injured... Didn't they have to forgo the 3rd/4th place heat due to the curfew?

They did . And the ran the semi-finals out of sequence . The first one had to be rerun , and they ran the second semi before the rerun . Think they awarded Workington third for whatever reason .

The track can be worked on and rectified . Can your curfew

Only 23 out of 24 races were held in 2009.

All the best

Rob

Indeed they did - not really a heat of great importance.

The track can be worked on and rectified . Can your curfew

Probably once new silencers are brought in, I can't see why not.

The 'our track can be improved' has been doing the rounds for years now, and it's still about as raceable as racing round a toilet seat - So I'll believe it when it happens.