British Speedway Forum

Tell her that the 7bridge has been closed to the public as it's such a massive event and you'll have to catch a park & ride from The Oak Tree (a none speedway fan wouldn't know what or where that is). Then, when you roll up Friday evening there just happens to be another speedway meeting on.

If that fails, handcuffs and sticky tape tends to do the trick :lol:

Squall seems to forget the fact that im a member of this forum and can see his posts!!!

I am NOT stubborn, ive already said i will take him!! He just doesnt listen! :angry:

Squall seems to forget the fact that im a member of this forum and can see his posts!!!

I am NOT stubborn, ive already said i will take him!! He just doesnt listen! :angry:

Ahhh .... so he's the one being stubborn then :lol:

It wasn't me dear, it was these lot on here, they led me astray.

Flowers and chocolates? :oops::)

And I'm sure the Premier League Best Pairs is considered really important in Europe. In fact I'm not sure it's even important outside of, well, the Premier League, if that. If it wasn't a good stopping off point on the way to Cardiff, I doubt that many would bother about it anyway.

I do wish people would respect speedway in other countries, but typical of many UK fans is that nothing else matters, when in fact it's UK domestic speedway that becomes less and less important to many riders each year.

Agree 100%.

The "mickey mouse" event that is being discussed is the Semi Final of the World U21 Team Cup. I think that holds a bit more weight in World Speedway than the Premier League pairs.

Pretty sure I read that Linus Sundstrom is otherwise engaged, so it looks like I won't be in attendance... Plus Berwick haven't qualified, so the other half won't want to go.

The World U21 Team Cup DOES NOT clash with the PL Pairs, it clashes with the GP the following day.................that's the nonsense in the situation, having 2 FIM sanctioned events scheduled on the same day. The PL Pairs is really a side issue, as some riders may want to travel on Friday.

The thing is, as I understand it, practice for the World U21 Team cup is on Saturday afternoon, and is not even compulsary, so riders who are eligible for both this and the PL pairs could actually ride in both, if they have organised reasonable travel plans.

Sam Masters and Josh Grajczonek both flew back from the previous round that was run on a Saturday, and arrived at Glasgow the follwing day in time to ride. So it is possible with a little planning.

So Shadders, your night out in Cardiff may have to be put on hold after all B)

Edited by womble53

Paulco - well said. As a neutral at Somerset, I want to see the best possible line-up, not riders blocked by red tape for no good reason.

In your opinion there is no good reason. Don't you see a pattern here with Screen, Grieves and Hefenbrock not being allowed in? Do you think that's just coincidence or could there possibly be rules even though we haven't seen them published?

But unfortunately some people on here can't see beyond their bias against Glasgow. :rolleyes:

I guess I must be biased against Redcar and Somerset too then :blink: I couldn't care less who Screen rides for so bias has absolutely nothing to do with it.

Think if the rules were given and published at start of the season then it would have put a stop to this. They may have been in place but they dont give the fans the information required which can be frustrating.

I totally agree markw40.

It wasn't me dear, it was these lot on here, they led me astray.

Flowers and chocolates? :oops::)

Admit it mate you are a Drama Queen. :D :D

Think if the rules were given and published at start of the season then it would have put a stop to this. They may have been in place but they dont give the fans the information required which can be frustrating. Will still be a superb meeting with or without Joe and Josh is pretty decent around the Oak tree anyway. Looking forward to a great night of racing and all the lads giving 100% effort :D

Looking through the line up, it seems to only include people who have attained a new average for this season. Josef Franc according to the BSPA site is still on his 2009 average and if you look has not been included in the Sheffield '1-3' which includes Ashworth, Auty and Hall.

Using the BSPA site greensheet averages again, I expect this has played a part in both Newport and Stoke not qualifying as neither Lanham or Bunyan have attained a 2010 Premier League average yet for their teams.

I'd imagine that's what's stopping each team using Hefenbrock, Screen, Franc and Grieves even though he has done 12 meetings, he hasn't attained a new average yet whilst riding for Redcar.

It was a complete farce when Craig Watson actually made his debut for Glasgow in the 2007 Pairs when they came 2nd, and this way of qualification actually makes perfect sense.

Edited by Najjer

The whole thing about the pairs is a complete farce IMO. Thousands of fans going to Cardiff next day and they cant even arrange a meeting that all team are represented , :rolleyes: typical

The whole thing about the pairs is a complete farce IMO. Thousands of fans going to Cardiff next day and they cant even arrange a meeting that all team are represented , :rolleyes: typical

How is that a farce? Every team had a chance to qualify, and 10 teams did. The other 4 who failed to qualify only have themselves to blame as everyone started on a level playing field.

So Shadders, your night out in Cardiff may have to be put on hold after all B)

Thanks very much Dave :cry::neutral::lol:

Edited by Bandits4eva

How does allowing the best rider in the division the chance to ride in this devaluing the sport ? What complete nonsense .

As per usual :rolleyes: we have Edinburgh fans and Najjer hiding behind rules and regulations without flexability and common sense . While everyone else is bemoaning the fact Joe can't entertain them .

What if a team ( heaven forbid ) has a disatrous run of injuries , signs a couple of suitable replacements for the injured riders , but can't go with them here cause they were signed after a cut-off date nobody knew about .

This is a competition that has allowed Glasgow to use a rider that hadn't ridden in a competative fixture for them , that allowed a Rye House pairing of David McAllan and Robert Ksiezak at Glasgow . But now hides behind rules and regulations to prevent Joe Screen riding - complete tosh .

It's got absolutely nothing to do with whom I support. As ML rightly points out, that must mean I'm against Somerset, Sheffield, Redcar et al. I'd like to see Joe Screen there - but my point is, he doesn't deserve to be there. That's what the best pairs is all about - people who deserve to be there on merit for racing for their team. Joe Screen doesn't deserve to represent Glasgow, as he'll have raced about 5 or 6 meetings for them.

That's how - if you actually tried to interpret my post rather than see I'm an Edinburgh supporter and go directly into "they've got it in for us mode" then you'll have understood that I was meaning with the de-valuing of the sport - how can we try and explain to someone new to the sport that Glasgow or Somerset etc can use a rider that in a big show piece meeting without really having raced for the team before! That's the joke of the topic.

And don't give me all the "Well Craig Watson was allowed, so why isn't Joe Screen" rubbish... That was in the past, and hopefully the rule of having rode 8meetings for the team prior to the cut off date has been brought in to stop this type of thing happening.

Nice that your supporting the two boys you have in the meeting though... Wonder how Josh feels - probably your most improved rider - Aw, we don't want to see him, when we've got Joe Screen to come in... He'd win us the meeting, yeah, definitely. Then see you explain to a newcomer why Screen is in replacing the most improved rider at Glasgow who's raced there ALL season... Tough one!

Paulco - well said. As a neutral at Somerset, I want to see the best possible line-up, not riders blocked by red tape for no good reason.

But unfortunately some people on here can't see beyond their bias against Glasgow. :rolleyes:

All the best

Rob

Again, complete nonsense. Anyone who knows me, knows me as a supporter of speedway first and foremost, and to see entertainers like Joe Screen is something that doesn't happen everyday - so don't hide behind the easiest get out clause in the book - We're Edinburgh, they're Glasgow so we have to disagree with everything they do...!

Totally agree... Either preliminary rounds of some description should take place for the show piece events like this and the 4's and then at least the best have earned their right to race in the final.

Except Glasgow of course!!! Oops, sorry, please don't misinterpret that one!!!!!!!!!

How is that a farce? Every team had a chance to qualify, and 10 teams did. The other 4 who failed to qualify only have themselves to blame as everyone started on a level playing field.

I normally agree with what you say and I do so again today. Question is could the meeting be run with all 14 teams? Seems to me that you may have more supporters there to watch with 14 teams supporters instead of 10. I enjoy this type of comp but loses a little when my team isn't in. Straight to Cardiff for me....if Stoke had been in....then a few hours on the beach.

The problem you get when you add more teams, is you get more races and by the end the whole event will be a complete drag. As it is at the moment, there is already 24 heats that take place. If you want a fair format (Unlike the Elite League Pairs last season) where every team will race against every team in their group you are then looking at adding an extra 5 races per a team you add, and then 6 races for another team on top in that group. If you were to ensure every team was involved in two groups of 7 then by my calculations that is an extra 22 races on top of the already 20 heats used for qualifying already.

Realistically, even with the idea of doing qualifying meetings there is no format that is ideal. The best way is taking rider's CMAs from a certain point and ensuring they must have ridden at least X amount of meetings for their teams and achieved a CMA for that year too. Announce this is at the start of the year and every team knows where they stand and there can be no excuses then.

14 teams into 2 groups of 4 and 2 groups of 3. Winner from each group progresses to two semis and then a final. Number of races = 21.

All the best

Rob

14 teams into 2 groups of 4 and 2 groups of 3. Winner from each group progresses to two semis and then a final. Number of races = 21.

All the best

Rob

That isn't fair though, because the teams in the group of 4 have to ride in 3 races to qualify for the Semi Finals and then the teams in the Group of 3 only have to ride 2 races - How's that fair?

Not only that, you hardly get a proper reflection of a group over 2 races each.

:rolleyes:

Edited by Najjer