British Speedway Forum
BigFatDave

Upcoming Aussie Season Dates

I can understand why people find it difficult at times to find out news. When people have news and would like to share it with speedway fans, they get questioned and challenged. Sometimes its best to keep the info to yaself

I actually said I thought you wouldnt "make it up" thats why Id give you the benefit of the doubt. and why I quoted your number on this topic, as I believed you????

You seem to think I am challenging you, or questioning you, when infact I believed you all along.

Can you understand what I'm saying? maybe a re -read is in order as nothing was said against you.

I actually said I thought you wouldnt "make it up" thats why Id give you the benefit of the doubt. and why I quoted your number on this topic, as I believed you????

You seem to think I am challenging you, or questioning you, when infact I believed you all along.

Can you understand what I'm saying? maybe a re -read is in order as nothing was said against you.

Hey Dirt,

Please accept My apolagies. I realize now this wasnt against me. Sorry mate. :unsure:

Cheers

Mike

Hey Dirt,

Please accept My apolagies. I realize now this wasnt against me. Sorry mate. :unsure:

Cheers

Mike

What are you doing, Mike? Don't apologise to him, you'll only encourage him; he's an adopted Sandgroper who roots for the Poms, ffs!

It's obviously a cunning plan by dirt to get you to buy the first round at Kurri Kurri! Oh, I'll have a Pure Blonde stubby, please, oh, and a JD to help it go down - straight up, no ice - ta!

Hey Dirt,

Cheers

Mike

No worries thanks, I thought I must be mad, as I usually know when I've bagged someone, and I certainly didnt bag you. :unsure::) thanks for the info.

All appreciated.

What are you doing, Mike? Don't apologise to him, you'll only encourage him; he's an adopted Sandgroper who roots for the Poms, ffs!

It's obviously a cunning plan by dirt to get you to buy the first round at Kurri Kurri! Oh, I'll have a Pure Blonde stubby, please, oh, and a JD to help it go down - straight up, no ice - ta!

I'll have a pure blonde - and a drink too w'd be nice. or 3, one for the road.

ps. you sound like a Darwin lad - Ill give you that. well not a local but an adopted one all the same. :P

Ivan Mauger opening the track officially, with signed books available also at a top price.

Well done to Graeme Boyd Promotions ... keep up the good work. as Im sure you will.. B)

Edited by dirt

HAHA well hmm, im half pom so i cant really say much. And Dave, how did i guess u wanted a pure blonde haha... ill let u take the honours of buying the first round at kurri, as i cant be there :angry:

No worries thanks, I thought I must be mad, as I usually know when I've bagged someone, and I certainly didnt bag you. :unsure::) thanks for the info.

All appreciated.

I'll have a pure blonde - and a drink too w'd be nice. or 3, one for the road.

ps. you sound like a Darwin lad - Ill give you that. well not a local but an adopted one all the same. :P

Ivan Mauger opening the track officially, with signed books available also at a top price.

Well done to Graeme Boyd Promotions ... keep up the good work. as Im sure you will.. B)

No worries cheers Dirt, ill buy ya that drink when were both at the same meetin :D

HAHA well hmm, im half pom so i cant really say much. And Dave, how did i guess u wanted a pure blonde haha... ill let u take the honours of buying the first round at kurri, as i cant be there :angry:

Bu&&er! Oh, well, I'll just hafta let you buy me a few at Brisvegas for the Under-21s!!

Field for the Victorian Titles at Undera:

R Sedgman, J Sedgman, B Barnfield, C Ferguson, B Gates, J Stewart, C Gathercole,

C Woodward, D North, J Milne, Mark Jones, T Proctor, J Anderson, N Rowe, Matt

Jones, R Medson, Reserves, J Ringwood, W Morrison, A Bond.

Cam & Ty to fight this out with Cory & Sedghammer giving them a run for their money I reckon. I expect to see Mark Jones in the B Final, along with Dakota & Jake.

Edited by BigFatDave

Tyrepower Sydney Speedway General Manager, David Tapp, will leave his present role in mid January, 2011 after reaching agreement with the venue’s Board of Directors.

“David Tapp was recruited earlier this year in a consultancy role and his tenure at the venue was always only going to be for a limited time,” explained TSS director Dennis Loudoun.

“Sydney Speedway P/L acknowledges that David has other business interests and his Television Company, Power Productions, takes up a great deal of time and he needs to concentrate on his own activities going forward having put the foundations in place for a bright future at Tyrepower Sydney Speedway.

“David has overseen a cultural change at the speedway, has grown sponsorship by forty percent and renewed Tyrepower as principal sponsor for a further three year term, among many other things. We really do appreciate the effort David has put in and only wish his stay could have been a little longer,” Mr Loudoun added.

Mr Tapp’s imminent departure from the venue will lead to a re-structure and to that end former venue promoter, David Lander, will return to Tyrepower Sydney Speedway in the capacity of General Manager. Mr Lander will be assisted by current senior staff members Rod Britton, Stacey Kelly and Nathan Moreau.

David Lander’s return to the venue is seen as a real coup for Sydney Speedway Pty Ltd.

“We are thrilled to have a man of David’s experience involved at the venue and we are delighted he has agreed to join us,” Dennis Loudoun explained.

“David has been one of Australia’s most successful speedway promoters and his vast knowledge and experience will play a significant role in taking the speedway into an exciting new era”.

Meantime, David Tapp, says David Lander’s return to the venue is great news for the sport in Sydney.

“There is no doubt the most successful ever era at Tyrepower Sydney Speedway was during the period David Lander was at the helm and his return is a very positive development. I wish him all the best. I have enjoyed my stint at TSS and I would like to thank the four owners; Dennis Loudoun, Brett Morris, Garry Rush and Rod Bowen for their support and assistance,” David concluded.

Victorian Titles - Seniors - courtesy of the Track Announcer and Chief Hobbit.

1st Ty Proctor

2nd Cory Gathercole

3rd Jake Anderson

4th Justin Sedgman (Excl)

Sedgmen was unbeaten until the final but fell while leading the final on the back straight on lap one

Juniors

1st Max Fricke

2nd Jack Fallon

3rd Cooper Riordan

4th Lindsay Phillips

Fricke was excellent and did it fairly easily in the end.

How did Mark Jones do Dave?

How did Mark Jones do Dave?

Dunno yet, Wanna, but I'll attempt to find out when my source sobers up - he was on the turps with SCOTLAND 1314 last I heard.

(Edit) He's awake!! Mark finished a creditable 5th despite one fall - he'll be OK for the mighty WASPS mate!

J Sedgmen 3,3,3,3,3 = 15 + Fx = 4th

C Gathercole 1,2,3,3,3 = 12 + 2 = 2nd

T Proctor 3,3,2,3,R = 11 + 3 = 1st (did a chain in Ht 18)

J Anderson 2,1,3,3,2 = 11 + 3 +1 = 3rd

J Ringwood 2,2,3,2,2 = 11 + Fx = 7th

R Branford 2,3,0,2,3 = 10 + F = 6th

Mark Jones 3,3,1,F,1 = 8 + 2 = 5th

R Medson 1,0,1,2,3 = 7

J Stewart 0,2,2,0,2 = 6

R Sedgmen 1,0,2,1,2 = 6

B Barnfield 3,1,0,1,0 = 5

J Milne 2,1,0,1,1 = 5

D North Ex,2,0,2,Ex = 4

N Rowe 0,1,2,0,1 = 4

Matt Jones 1,0,1,0,R = 2

Brock Gates 0,0,1,1,0 = 2

Heat 1 Mark Jones, Milne, R Sedgmen, Rowe

Heat 2 J Sedgmen, Ringwood, Matt Jones, Gates

Heat 3 Proctor, Anderson, Gathercole, Stewart

Heat 4 Barnfield, Branford, Medson, North (Ex)

Heat 5 Proctor, North, Milne, Gates

Heat 6 Branford, Ringwood, Anderson, R Sedgmen

Heat 7 Mark Jones, Stewart, Barnfield, Matt Jones

Heat 8 J Sedgmen, Gathercole, Rowe, Medson

Heat 9 Ringwood, Stewart, Medson, Milne

Heat 10 Gathercole, R Sedgmen, Gates, Barnfield

Heat 11 J Sedgmen, Proctor, Mark Jones, Branford

Heat 12 Anderson, Rowe, Matt Jones, North

Heat 13 Gathercole, Branford, Milne, Matt Jones

Heat 14 J Sedgmen, North, R Sedgmen, Stewart

Heat 15 Anderson, Medson, Gates, Mark Jones (F)

Heat 16 Proctor. Ringwood, Barnfield, Rowe

Heat 17 J Sedgmen, Anderson, Milne, Barnfield

Heat 18 Medson, R Sedgmen, Matt Jones (Ret), Proctor (Ret)

Heat 19 Gathercole, Ringwood, Mark Jones, North (Ex)

Heat 20 Branford, Stewart, Rowe, Gates

B Final Anderson, Mark Jones, Branford (F), Ringwood (Fx)

A Final Proctor, Gathercole. Anderson, J Sedgmen (Fx)

Edited by BigFatDave

Undera speedway was a magic night out.

Max Fricke really impressed during the Vic Junior Solo Championship. The wee man was largely untroubled but even when he was behind he was cool picked his moment and nipped by his opponent. Others that looked good were Jack Halls, Cooper Riordan, Jack Fallon and Lindsay Phillips.

As for the Vic (senior) Solo Championship, Justin Sedgemen was unlucky, Mark Jones got off to a decent start but faded, Joey Ringwood was someone I'd never heard of but looked very good in all of his races, Jake Anderson looked the best I'd seen him race, Cory Gathercole started slow but built up to a good race with Proctor in the final, Proctor was the entertainer of the meeting with a third to first tussle in his first and a ding dong battle with Gathercole in the last.

The two solo titles plus some mad sidecars provided 48 heats of entertainment and a good night out.

Thanks to the said 'announcer' (and BFD for putting me in touch) for transporting me to the stadium, it was much appreciated.

Next stop for speedway action... Mildura.

Edited by SCOTLAND1314

How come Cam didn't ride?

No reason given officially. I know he's putting a lot of effort into OzChamps but, with limited edition T shirts available from his Mum.

Good to see Robert Branford getting a ride in his place tho' as MA had originally lost his application form. Sadly I won't be able to see how much he's come on this past year as his only other planned ride is in the SA Solos. From the sounds of it he had a good one: Redcar will do well with him & Spud, I might just hafta watch him over your way!