British Speedway Forum
BigFatDave

Upcoming Aussie Season Dates

Thought I'd start this up to give you an idea of when to head South. If anyone hears of any more then please let us know.

Some of these dates are not completely set in stone but they're pretty much right. Great weekends in Brisvegas 8th/9th and Adelaide 21st/23rd. I'll see you there!

Leigh Adams Cheerio Bash Mildura Wed Jan 5th

Senior Solo Title

1. Jan. 12th. Parramatta.

2. Jan. 15th. NSW?

3. Jan. 22nd. Gillman

4. Jan. 26th. Broken Hill

5. Jan. 29th. Mildura

U21 Solo Title

Jan 8 & 9.North Brisbane

U16 350cc Title

Jan 8 & 9.North Brisbane

U16 125cc Individual Title

Jan 21st. Wingfield (SA)

U16 125cc Pairs Title

Jan. 23rd. Wingfield (SA)

Sidecar

Senior. March 26th. Gillman

U16 Sidecar. March 27

th. Wingfield

Kurri Kurri has been confirmed as the second round venue; January 15th 2011. This may be an afternoon/twilight meeting as the club are still to install lighting, although I understand this along with improved Spectator facilities is all in the pipeline.

Kurri Kurri is in the Hunter district of NSW; if you haven't been there its accessible via Maitland, which is a 2 and 1/2 hour train ride from Sydney.

Graeme Boyd will be promoting this one & also a meeting in December 2010; the Johnnie Hoskins Plate on December 11th. If anyone can give us a good show its Graeme, who'll still be promoting at Newcastle Showground, with a big do scheduled there for Wednesday March 23rd to coincide with the Ulysses (MC) Club's annual rally.

My god, Parramatta !!! Now that's big News! I wonder how good the track surface will be adapted for the bikes? If successful, could this possibly be a forerunner to an Australian SGP there? :rolleyes:

My god, Parramatta !!! Now that's big News! I wonder how good the track surface will be adapted for the bikes? If successful, could this possibly be a forerunner to an Australian SGP there? :rolleyes:

Tyrepower Parramatta City Raceway, or to make it easier TPCR was taken over in the off-season by a consortium including 10-time Australian Sprintcar Champ Gary Rush, who dates back to the good ol' 'Mixed Meetings' days, when we had a night of two, three and four wheel racing. He's always been a fan of the Bikes and guaranteed that if the Bikes wanted to race there he'd prepare a track for them. A few months back the Consortium appointed David Tapp as General Manager, and as many of you would know in the past two decades there's no-one in Australian Speedway who's done as much to promote the Solos on a National scale as Tappy. He's helped get access to Fox Sports (Cable) and pretty well drove the establishment of the current Australian Solo Championships Series, which this year showcases 5 venues over two-and-a-half weeks.

In addition to the Solos this weekend coming sees the venue being used to host a short-track Dirt Bike Racing Spectacular, which will encourage a new code to align itself under the Speedway umbrella, and quite possibly encourage a few of the Chook-chasing riders to cross-over into the REAL Racing ranks!

The Solos round in January promises to be another night to remember for Speedway fans, with Sidecars, Speedcars and a Demolition Derby on offer!!

To any of our Kiwi fans you couldn't go past a week in Oz to take in TPCR and Kurri Kurri, while all you Europeans could do a lot worse than Come On Down for January.

There's been a few rumours running round that Kurri Kurri wasn't up to scratch for a big meeting like OzChamps but that's all been put to rest now for sure.

Word from the track is "It's all happening, BFD! Club President Peter Campton's driving a Phil Lovett D6 Dozer, James Sweetman (Richard's older brother) is in his 20 Ton Excavator and Tony Wild with his 15 Ton Excavator are all moving another couple of thousand tonnes of dirt; there is a few more thousand tonnes to arrive before James brings out his trusty grader to make the spectator mound look like your front grass."

(Edit: God I hope not!! Currently in the middle of the usual Dry Season argument with the landlord - "Brown!! That's the natural colour of Grass!! If I water it, I've gotta MOW the flamin' stuff!")

"There are 10 brand new lighting poles at the track, the Lighting Engineer is almost finished his plan, Town Water and Power are in planning now."

This facility will be as good as any other in the country; now if they could only move it closer to Darwin!! For those of you who haven't heard of Kurri Kurri - here's their website. See you there.

Edited by BigFatDave

Thought I'd start this up to give you an idea of when to head South. If anyone hears of any more then please let us know.

Leigh Adams Cheerio Bash Mildura Wed Jan 5th

i just read that Tony Rickardsson will be attending in this meeting but not riding it seems (except for a few demo laps).

http://www.leighadam...&id=1&Itemid=2&

Australia's Ten times national speedway champion and former world title runner up Leigh Adams has pulled off the biggest coup in Australian speedway for nearly a decade

in securing Six times World Champion Tony Rickardsson to attend his 30 years of speedway celebration at Mildura's Olympic Park on January 5, 2011.

Tony will take part in demonstration laps during the event and that alone will be worth the trip from anywhere!

i just read that Tony Rickardsson will be attending in this meeting but not riding it seems (except for a few demo laps).

I was at Tony's Cheerio at Poole a few years back watching Leigh go round in his honour; obviously Tony's returning the complement.

Maybe Leigh'll get Jason Crump to do his Tony Rickardsson imitation again!

I don't suppose there's any speedway in Western Australia in the second half of November?

Haven't heard 'Boo' from WA for a while. Queensland's the go in November with the Darren & Sharon Boocock Scholarship tour.

In the meantime, word of a commemorative Dinner for Leigh Adams in Mildura on Tuesday 4th January, the night before his farewell bash/meeting; more news as it becomes available.

Edited by BigFatDave

I don't suppose there's any speedway in Western Australia in the second half of November?

The Rob Woffinden Classic will be on SAturday 20th November at Pinjar Park with Ty Proctor the first rider signed up. Hopefully a few big names will come west to honour Rob. Could Crumpy & Leigh be tempted over I wonder. LIving in hope.

Perhaps Ozyace could throw more light on proceedings.

Here is Perths Pinjar Park Speedways race dates for 2010/11.

Plenty of action from the ultra exciting 142mtr track.

SMCWA 2010/11 Season Calander **

Pinjar Park Speedway

9th Oct - Foundation Night - Featuring the Chum Taylor (Solos) & Dennis Nash (Sidecars) Foundation Cups - DOUBLE HEADER.

23rd Oct - WA Senior State Solo & Sidecar Title's ** (Nickol Bay Speedway Karratha) **

6th Nov - The "McKeon Doyle Taylor'' Series for Solo's, Round 1.

20th Nov - The ''Rob Woffinden Classic'' for 2010.

4th Dec - The "McKeon Doyle Taylor'' Series for Solo's, Round 2.

18th Dec - WA Junior U16 State Solo Title.

26th Dec - Boxing Day Bonanza (SMCWA Club Night).

15th Jan - ''Sidecar Spectacular'' plus the final of the "McKeon Doyle Taylor'' Series for Solo's -DOUBLE HEADER.

5th Feb - Pinjar Solo Sizzler (Snr Solo's) & Gordon Rowland Memorial (Jnr Solo's) - DOUBLE HEADER.

19th Feb - The ''King of Pinjar'' Solo Title.

5th March - East West Solo Challenge (Snr & Jnr Solo's).

19th March - SMCWA Club Championship's (Snr & Jnr Solo's & Sidecars).

2nd April - SMCWA Best Pairs (Snr & Jnr Solo's)

** Please note **

23rd Oct - WA Senior State Solo & Sidecar Title's ** (Nickol Bay Speedway Karratha) ** not Pinjar Park

Brad Muller

SMCWA

Good to see Speedway's still alive and well in the West, fullockracingwa. What happened to building a bike track at the Motoplex?

More to the point has anyone over there seen Ozyace lately?

Thanks for that Dave. Is it really confirmed that the first round will be held in Parramatta? If so, I would be delighted to go even though it is in the middle of the week and would have to leave work a bit earlier. Are there any more speedway meetings coming to Parramatta or Homebush? Or maybe another track around Sydney area?

BTW - where did you get this info? I checked MA and ausm.info websites - none of them mentions anything about the dates.

Thanks for that Dave. Is it really confirmed that the first round will be held in Parramatta? If so, I would be delighted to go even though it is in the middle of the week and would have to leave work a bit earlier. Are there any more speedway meetings coming to Parramatta or Homebush? Or maybe another track around Sydney area?

BTW - where did you get this info? I checked MA and ausm.info websites - none of them mentions anything about the dates.

SPEEDWAY MA HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA

Yep, Parramatta is ON. Dexter, check out the TPCR website - http://www.sydneyspeedway.com.au/ - for more details of Tappy's spectacular - it's got the lot: Solos; Sidecars; Sprintcars and a Demo Derby! When 10-time Australian Sprintcar Champ Gary Rush and his mates took over TPCR he promised that if the Bikes wanted a race meeting then he'd prepare a track for them. Now David Tapp is GM there it's London to a Brick that there'll be more mixed meetings there. I'll be there along with the usual travelling circus of motley fans that go all over Oz in search of High Octane Entertainment - be it Two- Three- or Four-wheeled!

Bring Back Mixed Meetings!

See you there!

SPEEDWAY MA HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA

Remarkably erudite post there, tink426, I can only presume that like the vast majority of our Two and Three-wheeled buddies you've had occasion to beat your head against the brick wall that is MA. So far this year they've already cost us the 2011 FIM Sidecars Gold Trophy. We must get together and compare bruises sometime. Edited by BigFatDave