British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Fiesta

Weymouth Speedway

Everyone seems more interested in eating, drinking, and peeing rather than enjoying the racing which, on occasions, can be bloody good at Weymouth. Only time I've ever had memorably good food at speedway was from the Rye House Fish Bar but then, to keep everyone updated on their favourite topic, had to pee in the dark. Once again though I remember the racing!

Edited by BikerMike

Don't worry Bruno. The Cafe at the football club is open before the meeting for quality nosh and draught beers (un-like the warm, ovepriced cans sold at the track)

Much to Mr Bartlets dislike :D

Great. You're persuading people to take money out of the pockets of Weymouth Speedway, which needs every penny it can get. :unsure:

All the best

Rob

Rob

You can remember how Oxford was run when Colin Horton run it

Well at the moment Weymouth Speedway fans would be pleased if Colin Horton took over thats how bad it is at the moment :cry:

Rob

Well at the moment Weymouth Speedway fans would be pleased if Colin Horton took over thats how bad it is at the moment :cry:

From what I hear, Weymouth Speedway Fans would be pleased if anybody took it over, even Mickey Mouse would be an improvement

The Promotor at Weymouth ( Bartlett?) seems to get rather a lot of bad press. Is it justified ?

The Promotor at Weymouth ( Bartlett?) seems to get rather a lot of bad press. Is it justified ?

I visited last year and left vowing not to return whilst he was still promoter... and I think that Weymouth supporters were embarrassed by his 'performance' on the centre green. From what I've seen, just in one encounter with his 'style' of promoting, I would say that it's probably justified...

Oh YES

Ok so facilities are basic but at this level what do you expect when the promotion don't own the site and would not see any return on investment in improved facilities and with their licence to operate constantly in jeopardy.

I've never had a problem with the portaloos after all it's only for a couple of hours. At grasstrack meetings we put up with them all day and as pointed out the football ground loos are available too although I accept they aint great.

I've always enjoyed the elevated viewing position and never had a complaint about my cup of tea or burger. After all it's all about the racing isn't it?

I've never had a problem with the portaloos after all it's only for a couple of hours.

Ive had the odd Curry like that :lol:

Edited by semion

Ive had the odd Curry like that :lol:

Really! You've obviously never been to the Wessex or you would know they don't do curry. Come to think about it, it was probably that burger but as I said the portaloo was fine and I was out by heat 15 so no problems :)

Really! You've obviously never been to the Wessex or you would know they don't do curry. Come to think about it, it was probably that burger but as I said the portaloo was fine and I was out by heat 15 so no problems :)

Whoosh!!!!

He's been staying open till the start of the meetings on Fridays. If the trade is there he'll stay open longer.

Nice bloke running it, too, and knowledgeable about Speedway. We popped in and had quite a chat with him before Newport's match a few weeks ago. He's just trying to make a living like everyone else.

Rob

according to the newish Weymouth Website.............the promoter is in talks with a new team manager who is a big name in the sport.............surely it couldnt be ..could it ????

Edited by weymouth alicat

I can not say too much at the moment :rolleyes:

But what i can say is Bob C was in weymouth last night and left us in the pub watching the GP because he had to go to the wessex for a meeting :unsure:

I can not say too much at the moment :rolleyes:

But what i can say is Bob C was in weymouth last night and left us in the pub watching the GP because he had to go to the wessex for a meeting :unsure:

nice try Wessexboy..........that will be the u 15 meeting then............

having said that.......Bob certainly knows young riders, is a big name in the sport, and riders will want to ride for him, ....he could be the man.......

mind you can he do track prep, sell burgers, work the bar, empty the portaloos etc etc

Edited by weymouth alicat