British Speedway Forum

I thought Bjerre just got 3rd....and I was stood on the back straight dead opposite the finish line.

Very surprised how few Poole fans turned up for this .....I saw 4!!!!!

Also team managers....I only saw them from Peterborough, Ipswich and Wolves!!!!

Chris Morton was there as well with one of his sidekicks.

Good meeting, the way Chris was riding I couldnt see past him, but Freddie ridden a clever race in the final. I thought bomber had the legs on him but Freddie kept putting him in the wrong places. The semi final was a brilliant race and Holder coming off after one race right in front of us was a classic, not sure how scotty stayed on but they both went right down to the line.

The Holder/Bjerre incident, from where we were standing it looked like Chris got it to me, but the ref makes the calls and he said Bjerre.

Close run in the end but I thought Freddie deserved it after that ride in the final.

Well done Freddie. Didn't hear any booing from the grandstand. Freddie won it fair and square from the gate. Nothing there to boo about.

Better luck next year Bomber.

just got back, and first of all sorry to all BSPA members, sorry to peterbrough and most of all sorry to chris bomber harris and the fans

i never been as red after hoggarts interview, good interview BTW and slap on wrist taken, as trees said misunderstanding, no malice in it what so ever

onto meeting, really enjoyed it, the semi was a terrifc race but why bjarne and chris never team rode is beyond me, i know its individual but it would have made a 50/50 chance of a poole rider getting a trophy

well done freddie rode clever race, most enjoyable rider is harris, boy is he flying at the mo, you coventry fans are lucky

Just read that Hans crashed his van, didnt realise.

I looked over at the pits and from what I could see he had only one bike, so that explains it. Doesnt explain his lack of form though, really out of sorts. Pants in his first 2, was so far behind I was scratching my eyes. Think he needs to re-group over the winter. He has a very handy average now, and I cant see him at BV next year tbh but someone will have the bargain of 2011 when they sign him.

just got back, and first of all sorry to all BSPA members, sorry to peterbrough and most of all sorry to chris bomber harris and the fans

i never been as red after hoggarts interview, good interview BTW and slap on wrist taken, as trees said misunderstanding, no malice in it what so ever

Goodonya Phil.

onto meeting, really enjoyed it, the semi was a terrifc race but why bjarne and chris never team rode is beyond me, i know its individual but it would have made a 50/50 chance of a poole rider getting a trophy

well done freddie rode clever race, most enjoyable rider is harris, boy is he flying at the mo, you coventry fans are lucky

Good to see some folks enjoy Individual meetings after all, even if they don't quite understand them!

Can't see Noddy complaining about being ripped off: he'd be getting used to it this year riding for the Pirates - can't wait to see him again Downunder; hopefully Fast Freddie sticks around after the Rob Woffinden meeting at Pinjar Park so's we can see him take on Batch, Darcy, Rooboy and Chris at Mildura.

Edited by BigFatDave

GREAT TO SEE FRED WIN.

.HE...SMOKED EM'

I Echo those sentiments BFD. MOST posts from fans really were positive and liked the meeting/battle. I personally think the format is better with the top 3 going into final straight out and 4-7 battling in a battle of wits/bottle.....and from my experience the deserving rider 99-100% of the time always gets through, which is further proof that it is a top format.

Great advertisement for the sport, evan though the prize on offer has been less highly regarded through natural attrition over the years as it is not held with the same aura, as it was in years gone bye.

Not to take anything away from the winner.

Just shows how good individual meetings are/and could be when done well.

Deserving champion who is in blistering form.

Sounds like a top meeting with a deserving champion and you really could not ask for anything more from a speedway meeting. Great spectacle. :rolleyes: simple

Good to read some sensible comments; from trees etc. Regarding an individual meeting.

Edited by dirt

I thought Bjerre just got 3rd....and I was stood on the back straight dead opposite the finish line.

Very surprised how few Poole fans turned up for this .....I saw 4!!!!!

Also team managers....I only saw them from Peterborough, Ipswich and Wolves!!!!

Middlo was in the bar afterwards

Morning,

Thank you to everyone who came along last night and your kind comments both at Peterborough and elsewhere, the atmosphere was just brilliant! This post really is to comment on two threads without intending to malign any particular poster so if someone wants to copy and paste it on the "Is BSF any good....." thread please feel free to do so. I always knew last night would be a tough meeting to hold together before the event particularly for one or two key competitors who are in demand elsewhere and of course the recent history of the event which has at times promised so much only for it to crumble on race day. I said last night that this was a foundation year for me with the series and that I/we will learn where possible and if I am asked to continue will endeavour to improve where we can. As an example, the BSPA press office and Peterborough both updated their websites and released official press releases of the revised line up before anyone travelled, the press office had access yesterday to update both sites on a phone call if necessary, a laminated list of the competitors accurate at 5pm was placed outside every entrance before any tickets were sold and right up until we opened the turnstiles only one advance ticket purchaser requested a refund as a result of the line up changing (a family who cannot get to Swindon today). These are lessons learned from the EL Pairs at Ipswich so hopefully someone may catch us doing something right.

My comments concerning the Chris Harris posting need to be understood in the perspective I was faced with yesterday, arrive at Alwalton 1pm, beautiful sunshine and blue skies having driven through localised showers where it was persisting down only 3 miles away. Some 2 hours later I get a text to say "it says on the internet that Bomber has pulled out" I communicate with Rosco and he confirms nothing has changed and fortunately Chris and his crew arrive early so that I can confirm as much. Now to be honest Chris is one guy you can rely on likewise the Coventry promotion but such is the power of the internet that word was spreading. This not only potentially influences the attendance but equally opinions of our integrity and as most posters have witnessed there is no stopping the lynch mob when it comes to the sport's governing body. Those of you who know me understand that my personal integrity precedes me, I am brutally honest and do not set out to mislead hence the "soon as possible" posting to confirm Chris's arrival never the less in recent weeks the innacuracies emanating from this forum is a cause for concern. Phil has had the decency to apologise and I am particularly pleased that he came to the event demonstrating that he was able to overcome his personal concerns over the line up and the other negative influences on this thread posted over the last couple of weeks, thanks Phil.

People do react to information communicated by third parties and inaccuracies become moreso as people misunderstand or misinterpret again as an example we had twenty or so people tell us that the Adult admission last night was £16, when asked where they got the information half of them had seen it on the Peterborough website and the other half had asked someone to look on the Peterborough website for them. This is what the website said,

GENERAL ADMISSION 2010 (Pay at the turnstile, on the day)

Adults - £16.00

Student & Senior Citizens - £12.00

Junior(12-15 year-olds) - £5.00

Child (11 and under) - FREE (if accompanied by parent/adult)

Family Tickets

Family (2 Adults/2 Juniors) - £38.00

Programmes: £2.50

Double Issue Programme (if applicable): £3.50

Car Parking: £1.00

2010 SUPER7EVEN EVENT

ELITE RIDERS CHAMPIONSHIP - Saturday 16th October, 2010

Adult: £20.00

Concessions: £15.00

Juniors: £5.00

Children (11 and under): FREE

Programmes: 4.00

Parking: £2.00

Now how much more accurate can that be? The point I make is that even accurate information is not fully absorbed so when inaccurate information is misinterpreted we have a problem that can create internet mass hysteria.

We all know that we are in a very difficult economic climate and those of us who are fortunate enough to have disposable income at the moment need to get the best possible value, I said this last night, you have options that compete with Speedway but what was served up last night on a fresh night surely has to rank with the best. The Peterborough promotion have everyone pulling in the same direction, the SCB Officials drove the pace and from an organisational point of view it ran like clockwork. If we can bottle last nights event for uncorking in the future then we are going to make progress but we need you to share that with us, not just through the turnstiles but in your opinions and advance appraisals of what we are trying to achieve.

BSF is it good for the sport? In a word, yes, it is some of the topics and postings that are not. As many of you will recall I used BSF to great advantage to maintain interest and raise funds for Garry Stead, I'll never forget that, the response was tremendous, thank you again. At Sheffield we have migrated our forum to Facebook to make the posters and what is behind the comments transparent to all, needless to say the negatives have all but ceased and there is nowhere near as much debate but when we are promoting our club and pointing corporates and enquirers to our website they do not now see our customers squabbling on a forum.

Finally, with apologies for the length of this post, I'm not in a position to debate some of these points but felt the need to reassure many of you that we do have ears and contrary to popular opinion do respect our customers.

Thanks again for last night and thanks for your indulgence this morning .....................David

Edited by Hoggy

Great meeting, KB was robbed, As home rider- he should be allowed pick of the gates in the final but i dont mind, KB went into Freddies own backyard and taught him a listen of riding a speedway bike

an utter disgrace to Peterborough Speedway

On a good point, Hans looked good in his last 3 races and his average is nice and tasty.

Great meeting, KB was robbed, As home rider- he should be allowed pick of the gates in the final but i dont mind, KB went into Freddies own backyard and taught him a listen of riding a speedway bike

an utter disgrace to Peterborough SpeedwayOn a good point, Hans looked good in his last 3 races and his average is nice and tasty.

What?

Gutted for Harris. He just made the wrong call of the gate. If he wanted to pick 4 and blast it out wide, then he didn't go wide enough as he saw Lindgren white lining, and seemed to panic and ride it mid track, missing the dirt.

Harris was faster than Lindgren, just couldn't get by the Swede.

On a good point, Hans looked good in his last 3 races and his average is nice and tasty.

unlucky for you then that it is rumoured that Hans is now owned by Swindon as apparently TR paid off some of the debts owed by previous promotion in exchange for HA

To take these in order...

One, choice of gates: I think you'll find that the top scorer gets choice of gate, then the second top scorer, followed by the semi-final winner and the runner-up. On account of, um, it's fairer that way. Or should Bjerre as home rider just be awarded the title and the rest scrap for a place on the rostrum?

Two, lessons on riding: I think the EORC champion who has topped the averages in successive years may already have some knowledge on how to ride the machine.

Three, utter disgrace to Peterborough Speedway: Don't be too hard on yourself.

Four, Hans' average: Yes, but he may not be the dominant number one of previous seasons. Good rider, though.

Edited for sloppy spelling.

Edited by Fourentee

Gutted for Harris. He just made the wrong call of the gate. If he wanted to pick 4 and blast it out wide, then he didn't go wide enough as he saw Lindgren white lining, and seemed to panic and ride it mid track, missing the dirt.

Harris was faster than Lindgren, just couldn't get by the Swede.

outfoxed by a smart rider.

Or Harris bottled the choice of gates as he was unsure of his own ability.

Good meeting thats the main thing - Harris cant complain with 2nd and its a good return - He already has some silverware, so it's a good result for speedway :)

unlucky for you then that it is rumoured that Hans is now owned by Swindon as apparently TR paid off some of the debts owed by previous promotion in exchange for HA

think you'll find mr frost PAID ALL DEBTS and PAYS everybody so if you know more enlighten us