British Speedway Forum

Oops!Where is the "egg on face" smiley when you want it :P Some people see a slick track and think Ole had to be behind it.As if slick tracks didn't exist before B)

Come on, Mr Rising, it's one thing for Nigel Pearson to struggle to pronounce Janusz Kolodziej (Yanush Kowojey, I am informed), but a trained journalist should be able to spell it correctly.

Personally, I thought the best GP at Prague was the one with the rain delay and then the top surface removed from the track. That produced some fine racing and none of the ruts that usually appear at the Marketa.

Edited by ladyluck

It was by no means a dreadful meeting. Some of Kolodziej's moves were very sweet and Gollob's antics were entertaining (pointing at Ales Dryml and then that superb move in Ht 25). The only problem was the meeting started slowly and just as the racing improved the Polish steamroller kicked into overdrive and the meeting was not really competitive. There was very little fight from the Danes and the Russians were not the same without Sayfutdinov, while the Czechs were woeful. Had the scores been competitive, the meeting would probably have recorded more positive comment. It wasn't bad; it was just there was only one competitive team out of four.

I think you have summed it up perfectly.

I quite enjoyed the meeting.

....and sadly for any real interest,this years SWC is a no contest.What with the wholesale slump in Denmarks(Bjerre not included)form and the under strength Aussies,Poland would win this year in any country.The only interest is in the minor placings and the hope of some good racesAnd the way it is looking Denmark fans might have to wait until the team is made up of Bjerres(Kenneth and Lasse) and Jensens(Michael Jepsen,Mikkel.B and Rasmus) before they win again.....

Edited by iris123

I hope the cricket went better than the Rockets did last night. :unsure:

Playing cricket with my son far outweighs anything that may or may not happen to Rye House... Unlike some, speedway is quite low on my list of priorities at the moment

I think it's obvious that the weather played a part in the track prep. Even so the Poles rode brilliantly whether from the gate or from the back. Holta's ride from last to first in the second round of heats was pretty special and it's always good watching Gollob, especially when he tries to team ride!

Fair play to the Russians as well. Without Emil they were obviously weaker than last year, but they all got stuck in.

The track was slick because the meeting had already been postponed and the forecasts for today was RAIN. That's why they made a slick and super dry track - in case of rain they still could ride on it. Initially they wanted to make a grippy track for yesterday to provide as many paths on it as possible but yesterday's terrible weather forced the organisers to change their plans re track preparations.

Is it so hard to understand? Cause some of you sound like you have watched speedway for the first time ever. No one can afford having the meeting postponed once again, therefore none wanted to risk today with watering the track too much before the meeting.

The track was slick but you still could pass on it and so the Poles were doing. Blame other teams for being rubbish and not able to compete at all.

The problem with today's meeting was the result was always known before the start, and you could predict most races would finish Poland, Denmark, Russia, Czechs. There was some good racing, especially in the middle of the meeting. Like others have said the Poles had no problem passing inside & outside and they don't like slick tracks!

I actually thought it was quite a good meeting, plenty of passing in most heats. Just the Poles were fanastic simple as that really.

JK was class as ever. He would light up the Gp's if he gets the chance.

The problem with today's meeting was the result was always known before the start, and you could predict most races would finish Poland, Denmark, Russia, Czechs. There was some good racing, especially in the middle of the meeting. Like others have said the Poles had no problem passing inside & outside and they don't like slick tracks!

The second round of races were the key. The poles marched on while Klindt went from first to last and Bjerre also ran a last (I think). That killed off the Danish challenge. After fives races the Poles only lead by a couple, after ten races they led by twelve points. Once the Joker was nullified, the Danes were dead. They made no tactical changes, meaning the out of touch Iversen took all his five rides, as did Klindt. I guess the Danes accepted fate. The Poles won nineteen of twenty-five races.

Mr Olsen, a request please. Stay away from the Kings Lynn area & their decent, grippy racers track. Thank you.

Edited by colincooke

Mr Olsen, a request please. Stay away from the Kings Lynn area & their decent, grippy racers track. Thank you.

Why don't you read previous comments and would know that Olsen has nothing to do with GP & SWC tracks apart from Copenhagen & Cardiff.

Why would olsen be at Kings lynn ? he has nothing to do with the tracks anyhow .

After the rain all over the weekend the track had to be like that today .

Edited by skeletor

I think Olsen handles the temporary tracks, meaning Gothenburg too.

Gothenburg is different from Copenhagen and Cardiff as it is laid weeks before the event-I think you will find that the Malilla(Dackarna) track team were involved this year and despite the rain the track was far better than previous years.

Edited by racers and royals