Kenni Larsen

Leigh Lanham

Ulrich Ostergaard

Josh Grajczonek

Ricky Ashworth

Kyle Legault

Kalle Katajisto

Edited by Rob B

The very name of Peter Craven has a magical ring about it, even after all these years. He was always a very popular visitor to Swindon. I still vividly remember

him twice equalling the track record on the same night, thus joining Ronnie Moore and Ken Mc.Kinlay as the fastest guys around Swindon in the JAP era.

His time was......just 72 seconds!

The very name of Peter Craven has a magical ring about it, even after all these years. He was always a very popular visitor to Swindon. I still vividly remember

him twice equalling the track record on the same night, thus joining Ronnie Moore and Ken Mc.Kinlay as the fastest guys around Swindon in the JAP era.

His time was......just 72 seconds!

Started my Speedway watching in 1964 so Missed Peter by one year. O how I wish I had been able to watch the wizard Live, lets hope the riders chosen do his name justice

Sadly not the kind of field we used to get, but a meeting in August is not going to attract too many GP riders these days. The extra costs to the management aren't going to bring in sufficient revenue to justify their appearance.

Hope that the meetng produces great racing befitting the great little man. B)

Sadly not the kind of field we used to get, but a meeting in August is not going to attract too many GP riders these days. The extra costs to the management aren't going to bring in sufficient revenue to justify their appearance.

Hope that the meetng produces great racing befitting the great little man. B)

Lets hope so You dont always need the top riders to provide top entertainment

i can agree with that.ive been watching mainly nl this year and its the best speedway ive seen on a regular basis for years and that even includes el at monmore

Would love to come to this as he was one of my dads favourite riders. Dont think I am going to be able to get time off work and it's a 4 hour drive.

Hope Hans wins it :)

Will make it to Belle Vue soon as this is another track on Mikes list of tracks to visit.

Started my Speedway watching in 1964 so Missed Peter by one year. O how I wish I had been able to watch the wizard Live, lets hope the riders chosen do his name justice

i have been around for years and saw Peter Craven when he first came to Belle Vue from Liverpool Chads.i had the luck to see him ride from a novice to world champion,and i am proud to have met him he was just the same person to talk to as a novice and a World Champ he never changed.Agreat rider and a great man i will never forget Peter Craven. Jack Lee

Josef Franc & Chris Schramm replace injured Dooland & Katajisto.

BELLE Vue will roll out the red carpet for some of the most famous names in the club's history on Monday.

They stage the Peter Craven Trophy meeting at Kirkmanshulme Lane in memory of their double World champion who died after a crash in 1963.

His wife, now Brenda Leat, will attend the meeting with members of her family and they will be joined on the guest list by Jean Fisher whose late husband, Dick, was another Aces' star of the Craven era.

Also, Peter Collins, the club's 1976 World champion, will be bringing a link with Belle Vue's early days amongst a collection of his bikes which he is putting on display.

He has spent four years restoring a machine used by 1930s superstar Eric Langton which has been locked away in garages for nearly 70 years.

Said Collins: “This bike is very special because Eric built it himself and he had great success on it for Belle Vue. I am very pleased with it now I have finished. It looks gorgeous.”

The Aces are planning a real carnival night on the lines of their 80th anniversary meeting two years ago and children under 12 will be admitted free with an adult.

David Gordon, the Autogate Aces' chief, said: “Kids are on school holiday now so they can stay out later and we are making this a real family night. There will be a bouncy castle and face painting for the younger fans.

“The gates will open an hour earlier than usual because there will be plenty going on.”

The field, in draw order, is: Rory Schlein (Peterborough), Josh Grajczonek (Glasgow), Peter Karlsson (Belle Vue), Chris Schramm (Workington), Patrick Hougaard (Belle Vue), Kenni Larsen (Newcastle), Leigh Lanham (Belle Vue), Simon Stead (Swindon), Hans Andersen (Belle Vue), Kyle Legault (Newport), Josef Franc (Sheffield), James Wright (Belle Vue), Ulrich Ostergaard (Belle Vue), Ricky Ashworth (Sheffield), Joe Screen (Glasgow), Chris Harris (Coventry).

The timetable:

5.30: Gates open

Exhibition in pits of vintage machines, including part of the Peter Collins collection and one of Peter Craven's bikes. Also vintage cars including a magnificent vintage Crossley car which was built in Manchester.

Bouncy castle and face painting for children.

6.30: Men In Black, vintage bikes take to the track for three six-lap heats.

6.45: Two No 53 double decker buses from the Greater Manchester Museum of Transport do two laps of the track. Souvenir tickets £2 available at turnstiles.

7.00: Buses run again before parking as a viewpoint on the back straight.

7.30: Racing starts

Richard Frost

Will be interesting to see how Kenni Larsen goes. He is on fire at the moment in the PL. Probably the best, or at very least, most in-form rider from the 2nd tier.

BV should suit as it a greyhound track similar to Brough, although with much less dirt on it whenever I have been.

He is certainly ready for the EL.