British Speedway Forum

At least the story/quote etc got in the newspapers, can't be a bad thing, all publicity is good publicity, just you keep on posting controversially Darcy :) Darcy has nothing to lose, he's an aussie, brits and aussies love to beat one another, he's talented, he's loving life, he's a character.

Right, he was actually giving the England fans some helpful advice, what a fine young lad. All it shows is whoever was responsible for leaking it to the paper and the person who published the article are Pratts. Worst sports story I have ever read. They are looking for trouble and trying to dent the character of a promising young rider. Do something urself before worrying about Darky.

Some people should really use their privacy settings on facebook then as at the moment anyone can read it as I found out last night! LOL

Serious question for you, Dirt. What are you dribbling on about? :unsure:

Go through all the pages like I did and sift through all the comments about Darcy Ward.. proven wrong , hope they loose blah blah etc, and tell me what they are all on about?

Ward can write what he wants on facebook its just a joke between your mates.

Probably written more for motivation for him and his team than bad sportsmanship as the article suggests. Its just facebook not a formal statement for the paper. Tossers.

edit: I said he was giving the fans some handy advice: soak it up while you can...... make the most of it!!! hahahhaha I dont know.

Edited by dirt

Go through all the pages like I did and sift through all the comments about Darcy Ward.. proven wrong , hope they loose blah blah etc, and tell me what they are all on about?

Ward can write what he wants on facebook its just a joke between your mates.

Probably written more for motivation for him and his team than bad sportsmanship as the article suggests. Its just facebook not a formal statement for the paper. Tossers.

Agreed. Darcy is free to write what he likes. I just saw it as a confident young rider having a bit of a laugh and a bit of light hearted winding up.

For a supposedly bad advert for speedway, there seemed to be a fair bit of overtaking and good racing.

Agreed. Darcy is free to write what he likes. I just saw it as a confident young rider having a bit of a laugh and a bit of light hearted winding up.

For a supposedly bad advert for speedway, there seemed to be a fair bit of overtaking and good racing.

Dont remember 1 overtake except Batchelors collapse when he surrended 3rd on the line to the russian in his 2nd last programmed ride. The Captain Watt couldnt believe it!!! he was shattered. I now understand how fans of his EL clubs must of felt, when they bag the crap out of him.

We must have differing definitions of 'fair bit' and 'good'. Didnt watch the last 2-3 races TBH as the meeting was decided and Ward had finished his night, but that was an obvious super slick dustheap with no dirt or drive possible and was way under watered. Follow the leader rubbish with barely 1 raceable line. Holder actually proved the more you try when behind the more you go backwards!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Absolute crap...when gating basically decides races why bother with 4 laps just make it 1 lap. Booorrrring CRAP.

Holder actually proved the more you try when behind the more you go backwards!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Shame you missed his last ride, when he tried hardest and executed a superb pass to take the win. Shame he imploded in the two vital races; cocking up the start when riding on the "Joker" and then running into Lindgren in his next one.

Shock Horror an Aussie sportsman having a pop at GB sport. David Campeze (Spelling?)& most if not all of the cricket team do it all the time.

Dont remember 1 overtake except Batchelors collapse when he surrended 3rd on the line to the russian in his 2nd last programmed ride. The Captain Watt couldnt believe it!!! he was shattered. I now understand how fans of his EL clubs must of felt, when they bag the crap out of him.

We must have differing definitions of 'fair bit' and 'good'. Didnt watch the last 2-3 races TBH as the meeting was decided and Ward had finished his night, but that was an obvious super slick dustheap with no dirt or drive possible and was way under watered. Follow the leader rubbish with barely 1 raceable line. Holder actually proved the more you try when behind the more you go backwards!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Absolute crap...when gating basically decides races why bother with 4 laps just make it 1 lap. Booorrrring CRAP.

I am just watching the replay and there is definatly plenty of overtaking. So you don't remember AJ going from 4th to 1st in the first round of heats? Bjerre passing Ward & Gizatulin in heat 17? AJ battling with Rory Schlein for first whilst the Russian and Dane battled for third in heat 18. Etc etc....

Shame you missed his last ride, when he tried hardest and executed a superb pass to take the win. Shame he imploded in the two vital races; cocking up the start when riding on the "Joker" and then running into Lindgren in his next one.

sure it will be on utube altho prob with polish commentry. Oh well beats listening to Pearson for a change.

i only saw some of the heats but i do remember Lindbäck going from 4tg to 1st by going around the field on the outside.

Holder also went from 3rd to first in the final heat.

Aussies are world champs at sledging wish they were in the final so GB could whipe their noses in it . ALL TOGETHER NOW AUSSIE AUSSIE AUSSIE OUT OUT OUT

I am just watching the replay and there is definatly plenty of overtaking. So you don't remember AJ going from 4th to 1st in the first round of heats? Bjerre passing Ward & Gizatulin in heat 17? AJ battling with Rory Schlein for first whilst the Russian and Dane battled for third in heat 18. Etc etc....

Are you saying the track was good? are you saying the track was acceptable for such an important meeting? where was the dirt? why wasnt there any dirt?

Are you saying the track was good? are you saying the track was acceptable for such an important meeting? where was the dirt? why wasnt there any dirt?

Never said the track was good and had plenty of dirt on it Dirt, just that that there was some good racing and not the borefest/bad advert that some are going on about. Oh and by the way, heat 25 is good with Holder and Bjerre battling away for 4 laps.

All it shows is whoever was responsible for leaking it to the paper and the person who published the article are Pratts.

Which would be Darcy after all "not the sharpesr tool in the box" put it on facebook.

Never said the track was good and had plenty of dirt on it Dirt, just that that there was some good racing and not the borefest/bad advert that some are going on about. Oh and by the way, heat 25 is good with Holder and Bjerre battling away for 4 laps.

Holder was just having a fun ride, and couldnt care less. The battle that mattered was swe vs den which never eventuated. Gate and go, the swede was history,,,That was a two man race and was boring as hell....Holder was just there for fun. Neither the swe or dane gave a crap about Holder he was irrelevant. Meeting was already over. I think its actually the shape of the track aswell as surface. Track is shocking. Disaster of a shape and slick surface makes it worse.