British Speedway Forum

Does anyone know when the FIM Jury get their fingers out of the backsides and decide on which team wears what helmet colour for the Race Off?

I need it to finish off the updates template.

From SpeedwayGP site

Meanwhile, the draw for the Race-Off at Vojens sees Denmark don the white helmet covers. Australia race in red, Russia in blue and Sweden in yellow and black.

You can't fault Rory for effort, but I happen to think that Shields is a tad better.

Lakeside track length: 252 m. track record, 56.8.

Vojens track length: 300 m, track record, 57.2.

I don't think there is another track on earth that's like Lakeside.

thankfully :rolleyes:

Sweden will bring 7 riders to Vojens and the 5 riders will be picked after the practice.

I'm pretty sure that Lindgren, Davidsson and Jonsson will ride Then Lindbäck, Zorro, THJ and Nermark will fight

for the remaining two spots.

Edited by Ghostwalker

Sweden will bring 7 riders to Vojens and the 5 riders will be picked after the practice.

I'm pretty sure that Lindgren, Davidsson and Jonsson will ride Then Lindbäck, Zorro, THJ and Nermark will fight

for the remaining two spots.

Thought Zorro rode well at KL so should retain his place.

You can't fault Rory for effort, but I happen to think that Shields is a tad better.

Lakeside track length: 252 m. track record, 56.8.

Vojens track length: 300 m, track record, 57.2.

I don't think there is another track on earth that's like Lakeside.

That's interesting to read. Monmore is around 15m longer but the track record more than 2½ seconds faster at just over 54½. 2½ seconds is a long time in speedway which suggests that at Lakeside the bike are spinning their wheels off and not going forward. Can't imagine why that would be! :unsure::D

--------------------------------------------------

Assuming the Aussies don't have either of the big two back and that AJ does return (in place of Nermark - keep the rest) for Swe then I fancy Den and Swe to go through ahead of the Aussies. Den did a respectable job on Sun, the Poles were just too good. Swe had a bit of bad luck and Lindback was virtually absent until his last ride on Mon. They would/should have pushed GB and Aus closer. Both strike me as being capable of upping their game at Vojens. That will make it tougher for Holder and Watt to post big scores and it certainly doesn't make it any easier for Ward/Schlein at the bottom end of the Aus team.

Why is no one mentioning the Russians? Victors at Vojens last season, after all. Okay, they're missing Sayfutdinov, but they still have riders capable of "mixing it" with the likes of Denmark, Sweden and Australia. They'll put themselves about and it would not surprise me to see them on Saturday.

My prediction, Sweden to win this one if AJ is back,Denmark will just get through with the Aussies close behind.

Why is no one mentioning the Russians? .......... Okay, they're missing Sayfutdinov,

Think you have answered it yourself.Just can't see them repeating last years result without Emil however much i would like them to....well second place is ok :D

So according to that site, AJ definitely rides for the Swedes. That should make them a completely different proposition, unless he is in his Cardiff form.

If AJ is at his best, yes, but that's not something that always happens these days, especially if he's not 100% fit.