British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
PORGIE

George Stancl Farewell Meeting - 27th Sept 2010

The biggest name so far.....Grand Prix star Kenneth Bjerre is the next rider to join the line up for George's Farewell.

Josh Grajczonek replaces Joe Screen and Chris Kerr continues his return from injury.

Keep up to date by checking George's website George Stancl Farewell

Great field and probablly as good as any before. After last Monday's meeting it would be great for KB to bring back Lasse and for Ollie Allan to tag along with them. :D:o

Edited by Tsunami

Why is Kenneth Bjerre riding for Glasgow!!!, Hope this means we are getting Nicki P in the Diamonds team :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Why is Kenneth Bjerre riding for Glasgow!!!, Hope this means we are getting Nicki P in the Diamonds team :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Probably to even out the strengths of the four teams.

Probably to even out the strengths of the four teams.

I suspect because it looks like a 4TT

If he rode for Newcastle he would never come up against Kenni or Rene which is what we REALLY want to see

I suspect because it looks like a 4TT

If he rode for Newcastle he would never come up against Kenni or Rene which is what we REALLY want to see

How very true.

The final line up is announced.......

The lineup for Monday night’s George Stancl Farewell meeting at Newcastle has been completed with the addition of Edinburgh’s triple league winner and captain Matthew Wethers, and Birmingham’s young Aussie prospect Aaron Summers.

This completes an excellent field with top-notch Elite and Premier riders attending to honour George, plus the special guest appearance of 1993 World Champion and Sky TV expert Sam Ermolenko.

It should be a great evening’s entertainment. Here are the teams for the meeting:

GLASGOW SELECT: Kenneth Bjerre, Andrew Tully, James Wright, Josh Grajczonek. Team manager: David McAllan.

SHEFFIELD SELECT: Rory Schlein, Pepe Franc, Kauko Nieminen, Aaron Summers. Team manager: Eric Boocock.

NEWCASTLE SELECT: Kenni Larsen, Rene Bach, Lee Complin, Chris Kerr. Team manager Jason King.

WOLVERHAMPTON SELECT: Mark Lemon, Danny King, David Howe, Matthew Wethers. Team manager Garry Stead.

SCB Referee is Graham Reeve. Let battle commence!

George Stancl Farewell

The final line up is announced.......

The lineup for Monday night’s George Stancl Farewell meeting at Newcastle has been completed with the addition of Edinburgh’s triple league winner and captain Matthew Wethers, and Birmingham’s young Aussie prospect Aaron Summers.

This completes an excellent field with top-notch Elite and Premier riders attending to honour George, plus the special guest appearance of 1993 World Champion and Sky TV expert Sam Ermolenko.

It should be a great evening’s entertainment. Here are the teams for the meeting:

GLASGOW SELECT: Kenneth Bjerre, Andrew Tully, James Wright, Josh Grajczonek. Team manager: David McAllan.

SHEFFIELD SELECT: Rory Schlein, Pepe Franc, Kauko Nieminen, Aaron Summers. Team manager: Eric Boocock.

NEWCASTLE SELECT: Kenni Larsen, Rene Bach, Lee Complin, Chris Kerr. Team manager Jason King.

WOLVERHAMPTON SELECT: Mark Lemon, Danny King, David Howe, Matthew Wethers. Team manager Garry Stead.

SCB Referee is Graham Reeve. Let battle commence!

George Stancl Farewell

Should be a cracking night and a great tribute to a great rider . Looking forward to it immensely .

Could anybody tell me what time the meeting starts?

I may just be blind but I can't see it anywhere on the website :unsure:

Could anybody tell me what time the meeting starts?

I may just be blind but I can't see it anywhere on the website :unsure:

First race at 7.30pm

Edited by The Abbott

Lets all hope George is the winner tonight not the horrible weather that is forecast.

To be honest, the weather forecast is not too bad. Any rain and drizzle hanging around should die out. Likely to be cold and damp though. Being a testimonial I'm sure the riders will give it a go anyway and George should get his meeting.

An excellent line-up has been put together, so let's hope for a good turn out, especially as the new PLRC champion will be there :D

To be honest, the weather forecast is not too bad. Any rain and drizzle hanging around should die out. Likely to be cold and damp though. Being a testimonial I'm sure the riders will give it a go anyway and George should get his meeting.

An excellent line-up has been put together, so let's hope for a good turn out, especially as the new PLRC champion will be there :D

lets hope your right mate because if its off i will be as gutted as i was for rene yesteday but chuffed ta bits if it is on as i was for kenni well done

As the Newcastle Website isnt covering this tonight

Is there anyone going to the meeting who would be able to text updates to the updates site? If so, could you please either leave a message here or send me an email or pm.

Thanks