British Speedway Forum

Just looked on the BSPA Fixture list.

On the 31/10 Rye House are shown staging The Ace of Herts meeting, whilst Buxton are shown at Home to Newport, in the NL Play Off Final 2nd Leg

I don't know how accurate this is but it is plausible.

Bloody hell, the plot thickens!!!

The restaging of the YS semi (the result of which - obviously - determines who RH face in the Final) isn't now until Friday (having been rained off at Scunny tonight!). :shock:

That must surely rule out the first leg of the Final being staged at RH next Saturday..!? :blink:

it was announced on sunday if workington got through the first leg of the final would be on saturday night at derwent park. the second leg would be at rye on sunday at 4pm. if scunny were the winners it would be 2pm. the possible scunny home leg is friday the 29th.

Edited by cityrebel

Just had this from the BSPA:

DATE: Tuesday October 19, 2010

RYE House will host the National League Riders' Championship on Saturday, October 30 (7pm).

The showpiece event, which always pulls in a good crowd and makes a handy financial return for all National League clubs, has been put back because of senior fixtures taking priority at the Hoddesdon track.

And admission prices have been unveiled as a bargain £10 across the board - apart from all accompanied children under the age of 12 will be free.

National League co-ordinator Peter Morrish said: "It's obviously been a very difficult operation in getting this meeting arranged, but finally we have a date.

"We believe the admission structure represents excellent value for money, it's the last major event of the season in British Speedway and it only costs a tenner - I call that a bargain! And kids under 12 for free, it means a family of two adults and two kids can enjoy a major national event for just £20!

"Naturally I apologise for the inconvenience caused by previous postponements of this event but these were out of our control. I sincerely hope fans will come along and enjoy the occasion, the race for the title will be interesting to say the least."

Riders included are: Craig Cook (Buxton), Adam Allott (Buxton), Lee Smart (Dudley), Barrie Evans (Dudley), Nick Simmons (Isle of Wight), Simon Lambert (King’s Lynn), Darren Mallett (King’s Lynn), Todd Kurtz (Newport), Kyle Newman (Newport), Nicki Glanz (Plymouth), Mark Simmonds (Plymouth), Gary Irving (Scunthorpe), James Cockle (Weymouth).

The meeting will be sponsored once again by www.hireacanalboat.co.uk

So its now Saturday 30th October, but whats happened to the NL 4TT, has it gone the same way as Mildenhall, not to be run in 2010?

NLRC 30th october same day as plymouth end of season dinner and presentation night

NLRC 30th october same day as plymouth end of season dinner and presentation night

That shows the folly of arranging such an event 'in-season'

No Bournemouth rider in line up why?

There are still 3 places left to fill and I would suspect that will go to a Rye House and Bournemouth rider, not sure about the third place, who'll get that.

There are still 3 places left to fill and I would suspect that will go to a Rye House and Bournemouth rider, not sure about the third place, who'll get that.

Cobras originally had 2 riders in the lineup.

Cobras originally had 2 riders in the lineup.

So did Bournemouth.

That shows the folly of arranging such an event 'in-season'

[/quote

i for one wont now be going to nlrc which is more than likely gonna get rained off or cancelled anyway

What happens with the Craig Cook situation Does the NLRC take preceedence over the Young Shield ?Does anyone know for sure the ruling on this ?

What happens with the Craig Cook situation Does the NLRC take preceedence over the Young Shield ?Does anyone know for sure the ruling on this ?

I doubt it. Hasn't he been a Comets rider all season anyhow..?