British Speedway Forum

As soon as they got on the back straight on the first lap it was clear that he had bike trouble.

I'm not sure if you watched the rest of the meeting, but he only made the gate once as far as I can recall and did plenty of overtaking. Just because he was 3rd on the first lap is kind of irrelevant when you are talking about a guy who was passing people for fun round that track tonight (not to mention that the 3rd would have been enough to get him through).

Henry, yes I watched the whole meeting.

Kolodziej looked the class act for his opening 4 riders, but you could tell the pressure was on in that final programmed ride. He was all over the place even before his started to slow, and he looked more likely to go backwards than forwards.

But he's a great prospect and today's tough medicine may prove a blessing for him in the long run.

All the best

Rob

Well, that's difficult to say, isn't it? He was only in third, with the bloke in fourth not far behind. (...)

Well, actually it's not. As HenryW wrote above, Kolodziej's not really a gater (or at least his bike was not set-up for the gate today) but before that race he was passing other riders in all of his races, in one heat he came from 4th to 1st...So I'm pretty sure he'd have finished at least 2nd in his last race.

Not quoting the rest of your post as I simply DISAGREE with what you wrote :)

Edited by Mateusz

Not quoting the rest of your post as I simply DISAGREE with what you wrote :)

Fair enough. B)

All the best

Rob

Edited by lucifer sam

Just like to post that this thread is more interesting than the actual meeting.

And relax....

Just like to post that this thread is more interesting than the actual meeting.

And relax....

:D :D :D

Last I checked he was 2nd in the Polish league averages, 4th in the Swedish league ones, and reached the final in his only GP this season.

It's a bit harsh to say that he isn't ready. A rider from any other nation with those credentials would be an absolute guarantee for a pick.

enough said .. some people on here wouldnt know a class rider if it rode over them!

You miss the point - VERY likely he would not have had to ride in the run-off if he hadn't got an EF in his regular race.

on the contrary Mateusz , he would have ridden in a three rider run off for 1st-3rd place ;)

if he had managed 3rd in his EF heat.

In the run off for third well Kolodziej rode very well but Freddie was so determined to hold on to that

1st place.

on the contrary Mateusz , he would have ridden in a three rider run off for 1st-3rd place ;)

if he had managed 3rd in his EF heat.

Nah, surely not.

If Kolodziej had scored a point there would have been no need for Antonio to have sat back and waved Zorro on to the front, so Lindback would have probably won heat 20 and the meeting ;)

in fact Scott is probably ahead of Bomber too.

As proven in this years British Final and the recent SWC (!)

IMO, the sooner all of these qualifications are scrapped in favour of an immediate qualification system the day before a GP the better.

As proven in this years British Final and the recent SWC (!)

Yes, the British Final, but I think they split the SWC events? Looking at Scott in the British Averages in 4th, and Harris in 14th as of a few weeks ago, even behind Stead, Bomber´s consistency can be questionable.

Equally, I would disagree with TNT´s post that Tai is in front of both of them given his tough season. Would I put Nicholls back in the GPs? Not sure, if it needs Brits, then yes. He may not do well on the continent, but it will be considered an achievement to manage 10 to 11 consecutive seasons ending as a number 1 at Coventry, Ipswich and Eastbourne.

The only true test would have been for him to be in the qualification system this year. Be interesting to see if he wants to go for it next season.

IMO, the sooner all of these qualifications are scrapped in favour of an immediate qualification system the day before a GP the better.

Care to explain what format you would like to see that take?

Looking at Scott in the British Averages in 4th, and Harris in 14th as of a few weeks ago, even behind Stead, Bomber´s consistency can be questionable.

Just a shame for Scott that no UK Elite League tracks are used in SGP, eh?

However, while comparing their placing in league averages....

In Sweden...Scott 51st (5.64), Chris 17th (8.00)

I can't imagine that Scott wants to join the GP circus again, all it seems to do is be a drain on finances and confidence. When your main aim is to just get into the top 8 for the following season you must question what you are doing. Harris has had his chances and if they want a british rider in the gp's then Lee deserves another shot but on current form we have no rider who warrents a place on the world stage.

Care to explain what format you would like to see that take?

Just a shame for Scott that no UK Elite League tracks are used in SGP, eh?

However, while comparing their placing in league averages....

In Sweden...Scott 51st (5.64), Chris 17th (8.00)

Harris does not have 8.00

He started the season at 6.90 and have increased it to 7,08.

Nicholls started at 5.65 and now have 5,01

Richardson started at 7,72 and now have 7,23

Tai started at 6,63 and now have 5.21

Daniel King started at 5,92 and now have 4,92

Ben Barker started at 6,83 and now have 5,29

source speedway.nu

point statistics: http://www.aktuellspeedway.se/1.0.Jostu/index.php?list=leaguestats&id=1&s=2010

Harris does not have 8.00

He started the season at 6.90 and have increased it to 7,08.

Nicholls started at 5.65 and now have 5,01

Richardson started at 7,72 and now have 7,23

Tai started at 6,63 and now have 5.21

Daniel King started at 5,92 and now have 4,92

Ben Barker started at 6,83 and now have 5,29

source speedway.nu

point statistics: http://www.aktuellspeedway.se/1.0.Jostu/index.php?list=leaguestats&id=1&s=2010

so the brits are doing us proud then :D:blink:

Equally, I would disagree with TNT´s post that Tai is in front of both of them given his tough season.

I wouldn't.

To drop Woffinden after this season would be an admission from BSI that they made a huge mistake in nominating him for this season and they don't take easily to that sort of thing. In view of this, I'd say that Woffinden is ahead of Harris and Nicholls. The only problem is that strange condition known as "second season syndrome".