British Speedway Forum

So good to see a brit do so well and from the back too, brilliantly well done Bomber!! Great to see Ted showing his support too :)

Bomber was the fastest all through that gp but you people still seem to not give him any credit, he would have won if there was a bit of grip round the outside certainly had the speed on greg but this time he managed to cover the inside also the ref was terrible seems stupid we have people like tony steele having to retire at the end of the season and we have people like this idiot replacing him, still well done bomber fantastic hope to see more of the same round brandon tomorrow.

Hi,We've just returned from Croatia having missed todays GP as it took place during our flight home! Can anyone tell me when the highlights are being shown by sky so we can see them.

Hi,We've just returned from Croatia having missed todays GP as it took place during our flight home! Can anyone tell me when the highlights are being shown by sky so we can see them.

8AM SkySports 4

well done to bomber i reckon this year hes been more on the pace and a little unlucky at times.lets hope he makes the top 8.the wildcards should be interesting i reckon emil obviously but then id bring kolodziej in and then 2 out of hans aj and np. hard to see nicki missing out but he doesnt deserve it over the last 2 seasons.the same can be said for aj. should be interesting :unsure:

Decent GP hope they hold one there next year as it would be very tempting. They kept on talking about a unique surface but it seemed a lot like Terenzano that i went to last year.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Big, big mistake. You can not compare Goričan and Terenzano. They are so different tracks that I can not describe you. In Italy was only one line, but in Goričan, there was several lines, and you must know that this track was yesterday under the water so it was not so easy to prepare it.

Great perfomance by Harris today the potential has always been there ,but he has

rarely delivered but was fantastic today and probably deserved to win,lets all

stop knocking him and get behind him and hope he finishes in the top 8 and hope

that the rest of the tracks are not too slick for him.

UP THE BOMBER.

Excellent performance by Harris - well done... :approve:

A great effort to try and pass Hancock on the last bend in the Final but Greg's not the sort to let that happen and he moved out to shut him off...

Er, what's that you say..? Cardiff 2007..?! :unsure:

Hmm, well I think we'll need to leave it to Greg's memoirs to explain why he DIDN'T do likewise on that ocassion don't you..?!! :blink:

A great GP, with all the excitement, surprises and drama we've come to expect this season. The track for me was a bit

'curate's egg-ish' - good in parts - with a few ruts especially on turn 4, but produced some great racing. Well Done Herbie and also Bomber & Crumpy for entertaining us. I couldn't understand why AJ was excluded and Tomasz wasn't, but then I'm not a referee.

What a great GP Season so far. Crumpy could still pull this off after setbacks to the Polish contingent.

Well Done to Greg and Bomber on some great racing with Bomber getting some great passes. Both are now in the top 8 and despite another final place, Freddie stays in 9th place and falls further away from the top 8 !

Hans, AJ and Nicki are the riders looking shadows of their previous self and will likely be the names in the pot for one of the 3 Wild Card places up for grabs as Emil is already secured one place. Bjerre's early season form may just save him from falling out of the top 8 and Noddy keeps getting around 8 each GP which may be enough to stay in.

REF ~ Can understand in a way why he stopped the Crump/AJ race as AJ stopped Crump's race there and then and had Crump ground to a halt, an exclusion or engine failure can be damaging on the count back. The rider who suffered most from it was Fredrik Lindgren but at the end of the day, it didn't affect the top four scorers order any way.

As for the Gollob/Holta incident ..... If the referee had excluded Gollob after the race then there would have been a bigger can of worms opened.

1 ~ A rider can't be awarded a point .... so Holta would still have got 0 points

2 ~ Had he excluded Gollob, then Holta would have to be given a re-run as the race had not finished when he was bought down and even if he was 50 yards behind, there would still be a chance of a rider packing up in front of him.

Overall a pretty decent GP but they should really try and mix some clay into that sand track and it could be a really great track for racing.

As for the Gollob/Holta incident ..... If the referee had excluded Gollob after the race then there would have been a bigger can of worms opened.

1 ~ A rider can't be awarded a point .... so Holta would still have got 0 points

2 ~ Had he excluded Gollob, then Holta would have to be given a re-run as the race had not finished when he was bought down and even if he was 50 yards behind, there would still be a chance of a rider packing up in front of him.

Just to clarify the rules in such a situation. It's true that a ref cannot award an FIM race if the four laps have not been completed, before the race has been stopped. However, if a race is completed, then the referee does have some powers in terms of awarding the race. If for example, the rider in second place crashed into the rider in firrt place on the final corner and they both fell, and then the riders in third and fourth crossed the line in first and second, then the referee can still award first place to the rider who was brought down, and then give second and third to the riders who actually crossed the line in first and second. The rules were set up like this after an imfamous incident in the 1973 World Final, which denied Zenon Plech a crack at the run-off for first place.

Yesterday, as the rules stand, the referee could have excluded Gollob and awarded third place to Holta. As I said before, places can only be awarded for completed races, incompleted races must be re-run. It's all in the FIM rulebook.

All the best

Rob

Edited by lucifer sam

Just one point i'd like to make. Holta was rightly annoyed about Gollob getting that point in the semi, he should've gone for that just as he did in Mallila 2 weeks ago.

15 years ago Gollob got a smack in the gob for a similar move.

.......and what was Grodzky playing at excluding AJ, race had continued & AJ only penalised himself through no fault of his own or Crumpie's. Buffoon

Yeah spot on,this ref can't seem to get through a GP without making at least one ridiculous descision,he isn't up to the job

Gollob definateley took Holta down,just like he did Emil but to a lesser extent but well done Bomber,he proved that he can be World class

Great result for Crumpie too,it's made the Chanpionship much closer,I hope he can make up more ground so we don't have a Polish Champion :D

just got back from a weekend away looking forward to watching the GP. Been avoiding it all weekend. now find no more repeats. someone make my day and tell me i can pick up a re run somewhere? sky sports speedway point you to the sky player, which has no speedway on it as far as i can see.