British Speedway Forum

No its not. :P:P

probably will be Ashworth, don't think he deserves it, should be Lemon or another Glasgow rider.

How about Lasse Bjerre!!!

Yes it is :P , for me anyway :wink:

Having said that Lemon probably does deserve to be in it next.

gutted for Joe but why should glasgow get another rider?

the wildcards were decided on average so it should be the next highest ave rider who gets the nod irrespective of who they ride for. its meant to be the top riders and to do it any other way would be wrong

No its not. :P:P

probably will be Ashworth, don't think he deserves it, should be Lemon or another Glasgow rider.

How about Lasse Bjerre!!!

Lasse Bjerre why does he deserve a place over Ricky Ashworth, the guy does not even have a PL average.

Looking at the riders averages the rider to replace Joe Screen should be Rye House's Jordan Frampton.

Looking at the riders averages the rider to replace Joe Screen should be Rye House's Jordan Frampton.

That seems fair enough :D

Lasse Bjerre why does he deserve a place over Ricky Ashworth, the guy does not even have a PL average.

It was meant as a joke, not that I think Lasse is a joke. But if Ricky Ashworth does get the place vacated by Joe Screen then the meeting is a total farce. No doubt he will to try and get more home based fans to attend.

Taking the averages from the BSPA website, the next 5 riders in order of average are:

Mark Lemon - 8.84

Jordan Frampton - 8.29

Ricky Ashworth - 7.90

Shane Parker - 7.88

Kevin Wölbert - 7.87

Any one of those 5 would be a pretty decent replacement, but going on averages, it has to be Mark Lemon. If Ricky Ashworth gets it, then it is a farce as there are 2 riders above him in the averages.

Edited by Nutz

It was meant as a joke, not that I think Lasse is a joke. But if Ricky Ashworth does get the place vacated by Joe Screen then the meeting is a total farce. No doubt he will to try and get more home based fans to attend.

Like I say the rider will be Jordan Frampton, if they follow what they have done in the past.

Taking the averages from the BSPA website, the next 5 riders in order of average are:

Mark Lemon - 8.84

Jordan Frampton - 8.29

Ricky Ashworth - 7.90

Shane Parker - 7.88

Kevin Wölbert - 7.87

Any one of those 5 would be a pretty decent replacement, but going on averages, it has to be Mark Lemon. If Ricky Ashworth gets it, then it is a farce as there are 2 riders above him in the averages.

Like I say the rider will be Jordan Frampton, if they follow what they have done in the past.

Looking at the above would not appear so, supposed the one thing going against Lemon is that Newcastle already have two riders.

Wonder if we will find out Joe's replacement before Sunday? :unsure::unsure:

Looking at the above would not appear so, supposed the one thing going against Lemon is that Newcastle already have two riders.

Wonder if we will find out Joe's replacement before Sunday? :unsure::unsure:

It should be Lemon full stop. :o No deals, no guests just the next guy eligible according to averages which is supposed to be the criteria. :)

It should be Lemon full stop. :o No deals, no guests just the next guy eligible according to averages which is supposed to be the criteria. :)

Agree 100% and thats not just because Im a Newcastle fan.

Joe Screen got in as the highest Wild card so if he has withdrawn then the next highest average should get the nod.

If Lemon is above Frampton / Ashworth etc etc it should not matter how many riders Newcastle already have in. Its a individual event which the riders slog their guts out all season to qualify for. If that meant Sheffield / Berwick / Stoke etc etc had 3 riders in I would not be complaining. 1 rider from each club fair enough but the wildcard places have to go to the next best in the averages.

Should be Jordan Frampton really.

Why ? If when the cut off was Lemon was above him then why Frampton ?

Agree - if Ashworth was not a Sheffield rider and previous winner, we would not be having this debate.

Looking at last season's programme, both Kings Lynn and Somerset got the wild card entries as the two top 2nd placed riders in Tomas Topinka and Emil Kramer, Emil Kramer pulled out of the meeting and was replaced by David Howe of Scunthorpe, who had two riders in the event with Magnus Karlsson.

What I cannot work out is, did David Howe get the nod because he was the next best 2nd averaged rider in a team or whether he was the next best averaged rider.

I am sure it was because he was the next best 2nd averaged rider, if that is right then the rider should take Joe Screen place should be Jordan Frampton.

your right spin king David got in because he was the next best 2nd averaged rider.

Newcastle already have 2 riders in it. so next down on the list as you say for the 2nd best averaged rider in a team is Frampton.

If it had been Larsen or Bach who had pulled out Lemon would have been called up.

Not really Rocket Science. You have to remember this is Speedway.

Edited by Superstar1

your right spin king David got in because he was the next best 2nd averaged rider.

Newcastle already have 2 riders in it. so next down on the list as you say for the 2nd best averaged rider in a team is Frampton.

If it had been Larsen or Bach who had pulled out Lemon would have been called up.

Not really Rocket Science. You have to remember this is Speedway.

To be honest I would prefer to see Frampton rather Lemon, Newcastle already have two riders riding in the meeting, putting Frampton in would balance things out more.