British Speedway Forum

Just a quick reminder ;)

In conjunction with Squall I am again running a points prediction competition at this years PLRC.

You choose eight riders, write them on the slips I'm providing, hand over a quid and keep your fingers crossed that your chosen riders rack up the points ... The winner will be the person who's riders total the most points in the heats ... Winner takes all and the prize money will be shared if scores are tied.

Last years winner bagged £25 ... The more play, the more you can win!

You can find me in the Barracks pub pre meeting, in the queue for chips and curry pre meeting and then at the back of the first bend near the wooden benches before tapes up.

Come on, have a go! :D

Thank god it's not a 3rd Newcastle rider in it, would have been unbearable :rolleyes: .

Frampton did ok last year when he really should of qualified for the semis after a poor last 2 rides, hes just coming back from injury but I can only see him as being a spoiler this time. Correct decision to have Frampton in though :approve:

Here is the revised riding order for the PLRC

http://speedwaygb.com/news.php?extend.9102

Get in its Frampton :D.

Shocking, how that place did not go to Ashworth is beyond me, I feel the poor lad has been robbed and I for one will be staying away from this meeting in protest, as defending champion he should have been included. :P:P:P

Thank god it's not a 3rd Newcastle rider in it, would have been unbearable :rolleyes: .

Frampton did ok last year when he really should of qualified for the semis after a poor last 2 rides, hes just coming back from injury but I can only see him as being a spoiler this time. Correct decision to have Frampton in though :approve:

Irrespective of how many Newcastle riders are there I think that Lee Complin can win this.He is in great form of late and has shown that he knows the quick way round Sheffield.

Irrespective of how many Newcastle riders are there I think that Lee Complin can win this.He is in great form of late and has shown that he knows the quick way round Sheffield.

I think he has a chance too. I think he will at least make the semis, as you said hes in great form and is capable of beating anyone at the minute.

Go Lee go! :approve:

I think he has a chance too. I think he will at least make the semis, as you said hes in great form and is capable of beating anyone at the minute.

Go Lee go! :approve:

Agree,I think this is one of the most open PLRC in years,Complin is one of seven IMO who can win it,it should be a cracking meeting.

right decision, thye criteria quite simple,

the top rider from each team

the top two second placed riders in their teams averages

that rules out both lemon and ashworth

simple rules to understand i would have thought

does mcgowan take screens place in the riding order as well?

Should be a straight swap in the riding order Frampton to take Screen place in the field.

Agree it rules both Lemon and Ashworth out but Im sure they only said the top 2 second placed riders because they did not think for one moment that a team would actually have the top 2 after the No 1 from that team was already in. Yes this would not have occured if Screen had stayed in but its still a little bit of a grey area.

Im not just saying this because its Newcastle, If Sheffield had say both Franc and Auty already qualified and Ashworth was the next highest average rider what would have been said then ?? :rolleyes:

Roll on a cracking meeting I say and lets hope everyone has a great meeting.

If the wildcard rules are that it has to be the next #2 then totally the right call to give Frampton the nod. Obviously it is a massive disappointment Screen isn't fit, as I'm sure anyone who saw him at Owlerton earlier in the year will agree, but Jordan's a good rider and has shown good form here in the past so he will be there or there abouts I think.

Edited by tigerblues

Absolute disgrace. It should have been Mark Lemon. :angry:

After Frampton's performance in GB semi-final he must go down as a, if not the, favourite.

Agree :approve: with the sentiment, but this field is wide open. B)

Frampton has looked good at Sheffield in the last two big individual meetings (British semi-final and PLRC).

One of those riders who can look classy one night and then ordinary the next.

After Frampton's performance in GB semi-final he must go down as a, if not the, favourite.

Not for me ... Firstly the track was soaking wet that evening due to the rain and secondly he's still feeling his way back after a lengthy lay off.

Top eight place at best