British Speedway Forum
John Leslie

Under 15 Championship - Buxton

The BSPA website says there is a British U-15 championship round at Buxton on Saturday, although I haven't seen anything advertised anywhere else and it isn't listed on Buxton's website. Anyone know if it's true?

I might have gone up there for a look as Saturday is better than Sunday for me, but I couldn't find any info in time to include it in my weekend plans. Shame really.

Someone told me that they can't charge admission or advertise the meeting because the riders are unpaid and underage...does this mean it's closed to the public then?

Saturday 3pm start. Round 5 - British under 15 Championships

21 qualifying heats plus 3 finals(top 4 from each group)

125cc:

Aston Blackmore

Jack Collins

Anders Rowe

Kieran Vaughan

Kyle Bickley

Tom Brennan

Lewis Whitmore

250cc:

David Abraham

Lee Cutler

Nathan Greaves

Jordan Hazelden

Jack Jones

Robert Lambert

Nathan Stoneman

Reece Downes

500cc:

Brandon Freemantle

Tyler Govier

Cameron Hoskins

Adam Kirby

Adam Portwood

Andrew Ross

Demo races

Joe Lawler

Daniel Miles.

Someone told me that they can't charge admission or advertise the meeting because the riders are unpaid and underage...does this mean it's closed to the public then?

John

I have been to several rounds and a nominal charge is made for entry (I think it was £3 at Northside). Its certainly not closed to the public, and can make for a very interesting and entertaining spectacle indeed.

Weather looks a bit mixed but I will be there tomorrow to see how young Mr Kirby gets on.

John

I have been to several rounds and a nominal charge is made for entry (I think it was £3 at Northside). Its certainly not closed to the public, and can make for a very interesting and entertaining spectacle indeed.

Weather looks a bit mixed but I will be there tomorrow to see how young Mr Kirby gets on.

I went to the Buxton round last season, and whilst I can't remember what it cost to get in, it was certainly well worth the money.

It was a very well run meeting, and each time a rider fell, he was straight back up so the race didn't get stopped. Also, when it was there turn to race, you didn't have to sit around for an eternity waiting for them to appear from the pits, like you often have to with the senior riders, they were there and eager to go.

Whilst races are obviously slower in doesn't deter from the entertainement value, so my advice to anyone that hasn't been before but is considering it, then do it, you won't be disappointed.

It was an 8-hour round journey for me when I went, and if my circumstances had allowed it, I would definitely have been there tomorrow afternoon.

How many more Rounds in the Chmpshps ? - and where and when?

Last 2 rounds

Saturday 11th September Round 5 - Buxton

Saturday 18th September Round 6 - Plymouth

Last 2 rounds

Saturday 11th September Round 5 - Buxton

Saturday 18th September Round 6 - Plymouth

Thanks, - How many Rounds to count in the Chmpshp ?

There are six rounds altogether. I agree with the previous posters, well worth going, just wish I could go today but I'll be at Plymouth next week.

HalifaxTiger cheer Adam Kirby on for me too :-)

There are six rounds altogether. I agree with the previous posters, well worth going, just wish I could go today but I'll be at Plymouth next week.

HalifaxTiger cheer Adam Kirby on for me too :-)

We'll be able to do it together :D

Weather permitting, I'll be going to Plymouth too.

Todays meeting has been postponed until tomorrow due to the weather.

Great hope the weather is kind.

How much is entry please

Nice sunny day here today for the penultimate round of this years championships. Should be good hope the youngsters get some support.

The Under 15's at Plymouth will commence at 1300. Entrance fee TBC. Following the U15's will be a Devon/Dorset tussle with Plymouth Devils taking on the Weymouth Wildcats at 1930.