British Speedway Forum
iNikeAguero

Peterborough V Coventry 20/09/10

Yep the ref got it totally wrong! so wrong infact i thought at 1 point he was going to change his mind after watching the replays.

Ive never heard a reaction like that before. i thought there was going to be a riot lol

You clearly have not watched the replay have you.

Harris was already falling before Schlein got out of shape.

And to answer your question. No Harris can't just go charging in at high speed if there is a slower rider in front of him. Every week in meetings all over the country you will see races where a slower rider has gated. The rider behind has to either choose a different line if he wishes to go charging in or go slower himself and wait for the opportunity.

Spot on 100% correct if the refs took that decision every week speedway would be a laughing stock to outside people,come to to think of it.................!!!! :blink:

I am no fan of Schlein, quite the reverse actually. But that decision last night was ludicrous, the ref got it totally wrong, Harris should have been out.

Strange decision by "Three Cards Lawrence" as he's now known.

As i've said before it was a wrong decision, but a wrong decision from the referee & not Bomber & that track staff member should be given his marching orders, out of order.

Nice to see Shep keep his cool.

Then Harris shouldn't be entering the corner at such speed should he?

It doesn't matter how you twist it around, it was the fault of Harris. You're still conveniently forgetting that Harris was already down before Schlein even made his mistake.

Don't see it that way at all ....Rory made a mistake and Harris layed the bike down as he felt Rory was going to fall ..weather Rory should be ex for that is a matter for debate but no way was Harris already down when Rory made his mistake .

Don't see it that way at all ....Rory made a mistake and Harris layed the bike down as he felt Rory was going to fall ..weather Rory should be ex for that is a matter for debate but no way was Harris already down when Rory made his mistake .

Being fair Schlein did look at bit out of shape as he went through the third and fourth bends but Harris was on the deck by the time he really lost it.

It was a bad decision and every other week Harris would have been excluded without a second thought but at the end of the day it didnt affect the overall result, the best team won on the night.

Didn't see it that way myself,Harris was already going down before Schlein's mistake.

Don't see it that way at all ....

Of course you don't, you can't be seen to be being sensible or in agreement can you :D

Edited by Rigsby

Coventry Fans:

It's not all Panthers fans that cheered/jeered KK when he fell off, infact I was disgusted with a few on the 4th bend, me and my friend was standing there, and a group of kids swearing at the riders, and cheering when they fell off, couldnt of been any older than 8, it was shocking, and a embarrassment, to say they were following the Panthers.

Its a minority that did, and it happens at all track, its one of those things you have to deal with, I thought last night was quite a friendly atmosphere, coventry fans around us were easy to talk to etc, so was enjoyable... even though we were crap :lol:

Like most panthers fans I left this meeting feeling dissapointed but theres always the KO Cup.

The track was a mess, the referee did not have a very good meeting and I was appauled he did not stop the race when the tapes failed. Credit to the start marshall to bravely ran across the track so the race could be completed. Surely theres a rule thats states no-one is to go on track when the race is in action?

Like most panthers fans I left this meeting feeling dissapointed but theres always the KO Cup.

The track was a mess, the referee did not have a very good meeting and I was appauled he did not stop the race when the tapes failed. Credit to the start marshall to bravely ran across the track so the race could be completed. Surely theres a rule thats states no-one is to go on track when the race is in action?

Hope you come through the cup to be honest. Them Pirates can't be seen to have stolen all the silver.biggrin.gificon_smile_wink.gif

Of course you don't, you can't be seen to be being sensible or in agreement can you biggrin.gif

I can't find fault with that statement icon_lol.gif

Well on this forum all week a lot of Panther fans talked the talk,unfortunately for you,your team couldn't walk the walk.

Quite why you would prepare a track that was deep and heavy,when you know the Bees have Bomber,Ben,Eddie and Lewis in their line up,will be one of lifetimes great mysteries.Especially when your own team includes Bjerre,Troy and Rory. :shock::o

Bjerre's performance was completely spineless,particularly in comparison to their 2 inexperienced Poles who at least showed a proper commitment,and no little trackcraft.

In stark contrast the whole Bees team showed fantastic commitment,confidence and desire.On this form with the huge momentum we have built up,I believe we are going to take some stopping.Of course Poole will rightly start favourites however I feel we have nothing to fear.

Bomber and KK have had pretty decent results againsts Poole's top 2 recently,and our reserves are both capable of scoring some big points.Sweetman was outstanding last night,Eddie is riding now better than he has done all season,and Ben showed in passing Adams last week at Swindon he is quite capable of beating anyone anywhere.

Great to see a huge Bees following,hopefully even more will make trip to Poole for the second leg.The only question remains is, will Poole be able to muster more than the 15-20 fans they apparently took to Wolves for the semi-final. :approve:

The only question remains is, will Poole be able to muster more than the 15-20 fans they apparently took to Wolves for the semi-final. :approve:

15-20?

Seems the amount they took has doubled already! :)