British Speedway Forum
Bryn

Weymouth For Sale

Here, Here.

I hope all those who consider themselves "banned" or "un-welcome" also turn up to show any new buyer the support is there. I'll be there with my little boy, who loves his speedway and hope to see some old faces.

I only hope Phil will post to say all are welcome.

Well indeed, coz one assumes that people "banned" won't feel able to show up without this.. :neutral:

How sad (and I've seen it so much since my active involvement in the sport began in 2002) that people fall out and things like bans and threats are issued . I've never known any enterprise quite like Speedway for this. :cry: :cry:

One day when the sport's dead and buried, the historians shall look back and conclude it was the failure of those who did care about the sport to get on with each other for long enough and to pull in one positive direction which led to its demise.. :neutral:

Good luck to all at Weymouth.

Maybe it's time now to ask the rhetorical question once posed by Nick Lowe:

(What's So Funny 'Bout) Peace, Love & Understanding...

"I only hope Phil will post to say all are welcome".

There are going to be several pink pigs flying over "The Wessex" tomorrow me thinks

Even if he took a full page ad in the National Press apologising for his "banning" petty crap and poor promotion I doubt very much whether he will see too many additional paying punters through the gates. People have long memories.

I sincerely hope that my beloved Weymouth is taken over and rises like a phoenix - the crowds of early days Wizards/Wildcats would be great to see once again

Sincere thanks to all those who lost money and/or were banned and those who tried to keep things going over the last few years - you did your thankless best Thanks.

Old JAP Lover

....if all else fails there's always ebay, to try sell Weymouth :sad:

I only hope Phil will post to say all are welcome.

Indeed :approve:

And all those who have been banned or have stayed away to go along.

This is not about Phil Bartlett any more, its about Weymouth Speedway and the possibility of its continued existence.

Its a terrific little set up down there and fingers crossed that somrthing comes up.

Indeed :approve:

And all those who have been banned or have stayed away to go along.

This is not about Phil Bartlett any more, its about Weymouth Speedway and the possibility of its continued existence.

Its a terrific little set up down there and fingers crossed that somrthing comes up.

Why have people been "banned" ? Seems a strange set up, banning people who want to spend money with you.

If the current set up at weymouth was to go bankrupt or just close would it not be possible for someone just to reopen it as a new set up as they would have none of the debt as there not anything to do with the past ! ?

If the current set up at weymouth was to go bankrupt or just close would it not be possible for someone just to reopen it as a new set up as they would have none of the debt as there not anything to do with the past ! ?

Interesting point that. Could the BSPA not just take back the license, as they did with Ray Mascall at Mildenhall ?

Interesting point that. Could the BSPA not just take back the license, as they did with Ray Mascall at Mildenhall ?

I think there is more ins and outs to this situation than a weekend in the life of Mr Rooney. I am led to believe, allegedly the rent contract is in Mr Bartlett's name and not Weymouth Speedway (although I am also led to believe that Weymouth Speedway does not even exist :-/)so what bearing this has on the future of the club I do not know in respect of bankruptcy. If someone does come in and take over I am pretty certain that some of the people who were previously involved helping to promote the club would love to help out again if asked, and the crowd figures would be somewhere near what they need to be to make the club viable in no time.

In my opinion I have seen very little in the way of promoting the club in Weymouth this season, I will no doubt get accused of sour grapes but I actually find it very sad. A couple of years ago we used to go to school fetes and hand out hundreds of kids go free tickets to local schools. We went to the local supermarkets with a bike and rider handing out tickets, posters were put up around the town, we handed out tickets in the town centre and many other things beside. I haven't seen the club being promoted this season and I live in Weymouth. Promotion efforts this season, apart from the Southern Classic Bikes people handing out tickets twice this year (which has always been very much appreciated and is quite a spectacle :-)) have been few and far between. I think that this is just as, if not more so, the reason that crowd figures are down and why the club now finds itself in the current situation. It hasn't always been like this and I am sure in the right hands it could be great again providing people are prepared to do the hard graft to get it there.

Jules

Quite agree, I have seen some great meetings at Weymouth and think the potential is there it just needs to be tapped.

It's a lovely little race track, I have hardly missed a meeting since it re-opened, and I've tried to keep out of the "Politics" but I must agree with the advetising/promotion of the club. My pet hate has been the advertising board on the roundabout which still says "next meeting Isle of Wight - May 8th" or something like that.

Many of my mates don't even know there is a Weymouth Speedway anymore and one lives at Southill (so keep that one for the next noise complaint!)

I have only "Banned" to quote your term of fraze, only People that have not and never paid to enter Weymouth Speedway !!! only an Old track spare (slapper) or people that make out they are helping for the good of the sport, only to to running you down behind your back.

Who's this Old track spare then Phil? She sounds fun! :D

(although I am also led to believe that Weymouth Speedway does not even exist :-/)

According to Companies House Weymouth Speedway Ltd is a dormant company. (i.e. a non-trading company). So which company has actually been trading Weymouth Speedway these last few years?

Hmm, not sure if I was selling something I'd be making these sorts of comments... Hardly presents the most professional of images of the promotion...

Surely that kind of information should be displayed in the Clubs Programme.