British Speedway Forum

I must add my heartiest congratulations to Tomasz. Honestly, a few years ago I was thinking that his best chance had gone, but he persevered, and has continued to improve - and more importantly mature. He thoroughly deserves it.

Steve

Don't watch a lot of speedway these days, don't really bother with this forum either & having read through this & other threads, I see nothing much changes, same old suspects still spouting the same old bile against anything that does not involve Poole :(

Seems some just can't move on :rolleyes:

One rider that would get me interested again is Gollob, fantastic to watch & a deserved champion this year.

As for Bomber, give him a dirt line & he's up there. brilliant to watch.

Well done to both

Yeah nice one Gollob. World Champion at last. Are there actually any Poles left in Poland to celebrate his win at Byd.. Bygd.. Bidg.. Bidg.. You know where in 2 weeks? :lol:

PS Bit disappointed with the Start Tarts tonight; must have scraped the barrel at the local dogs' home - in a pinch I'd give it to White.

Think yourself lucky that they weren't all 3 foot munchkins, dressed in black, fat and sporting facial hair. It was Italy after all!.. :wink:

Brilliant for Gollob. It's great seeing someone achieve the world title after years of being the nearly man.

I'm delighted that Harris looks like getting a top 8 finish - he was awesome last night. It will be nice to do without the forum whinging about having the best Bristis rider as a wild card mext season.

A well-deserved championship for Tomasz.

After a slow start in the first GP (in Poland to give the lie to any home-country conspiracy theories), nine double-figure scores (three in the 20s) tell their own story.

Jason Crump's 10-year record is something to savour too.

It would have been nice to have seen the final race on Sky last night............ :-(

Brilliant for Gollob. It's great seeing someone achieve the world title after years of being the nearly man.

I'm delighted that Harris looks like getting a top 8 finish - he was awesome last night. It will be nice to do without the forum whinging about having the best Bristis rider as a wild card mext season.

couldn't agree more perhaps we underestimate the effort and cost to become established?

for all the plaudits for holders season, his going to finish 8th with a gp win, pretty much identical to harris's first season (equal 8th!)

what new faces have actually broke into the top 8 over the last 10 years? the russian emil, and thats about it?

its essentially a closed shop

Congrats to Gollub. He was head and shoulders above anyone else and even wanted to win in the final when he didn't need to. Strange what this win has done for him. He was more articulate in English that I've ever heard him :lol:

Re Harris - Hampel. It might be smart to go against the flow but that was the worst camera shot of the finish line there has ever been in a televised match. If the ref couldn't split them in real time there was no way he could give a decision apart from making a guess. Is he allowed to consult others? The flag marshall was the closest to the action and might have given his two penn'orth if asked.

If GPs don't allow dead heats why not fit transponders as they do in car racing?

Well done Bomber a fantastic turn around in the second half of the season both individually and clubwise. :D

wheres the Bomber knockers now , no doubt their hiding in their holes , hes almost certain to be in next years GPs it was a brilliant display from the bomber . the question now is who will join him in next years GPs .

Well done Bomber a fantastic turn around in the second half of the season both individually and clubwise. biggrin.gif

It may just be something to do with that dodgy knee he had, maybe that's not giving him problems so much now. Some people just don't realise these boys are only human.

Look at Crumpy, gone the whole season with that arm injury & still he is where he is.

Once again, i defy anyone that says Chris isn't worthy of his place. 94 with 1 to go & still there are some that question it.rolleyes.gif

Well done to Gollob to finally make it to the top step, he simply had to win it this year with the main contenders struggling for various reason throughout the season. Congrats on a great meeting to Bomber as well.

Well done to Gollob,finally making his dream come true.He has been the most consistant rider this GP season and thoroughly deserves to be Champion.

PS Bit disappointed with the Start Tarts tonight; must have scraped the barrel at the local dogs' home - in a pinch I'd give it to White.

Yes i bet the local ladies are queueing up outside your door to go on a date with you Dave. :rolleyes:

Congrats Tomasz a worthy champ very pleased you won. Bomber was great to watch and if there is one thing i want from next season its for Bomber to be that good in every round.

I would like to mention Holta because for me he has been so brave and determined and last night proves how hard he really is.