British Speedway Forum
keef

Leigh Adams Farewell 17/10 In England

Not an inspiring lineup to get folks to turn up. But I hope the place is packed to say goodbye to an EL star.

Not an inspiring lineup to get folks to turn up. But I hope the place is packed to say goodbye to an EL star.

For once i agree with you Steve & the sad part is that it's getting less inspiring by the day as rider after rider drop out with Crumpie really dissapointing as he's very close to Leigh.

That said i'll be there as i've been spending my money to watch him in a poor team all season so another meeting won't change those habits.

Just thought there would be a better turn out for the great mans farewell really & at least we might finally get to see Rune Holta in action before him signing as a Robin in 2011. :D:D

Edited by Crazy robin

Full sporting day on Sunday,Hornets match in the afternoon,trip up to Swindon for this meeting and home to watch the Colts v the Redskins.

I`m gonna be tired the day after,best I go into work for a rest :lol:

Leigh Adams on-line & on the radio...

Click link below for interview with Leigh...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/motorsport/9093592.stm

And on Sunday his Farewell meeting is live on BBC Wiltshire (Radio) from 5pm.

103.6FM in the Swindon area - and on-line worldwide via the BBC Wiltshire website.

The live streaming link below should start working at 5pm on Sunday.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/local/wiltshire/hi/front_page/newsid_9097000/9097527.stm

Richard

what did you expect, these testimonials are never gonna be fought tooth and nail and IMO they should of held it jointly with the ELRC??? Leigh was always a team rider and could have ridden in the ELRC and had a honest meeting that meant something and he could try and win. Have a farewell for leigh at the end a final farewell Do and party after meeting is over.

No matter how much Leigh deserves a big send off The paying public of England dont like individual meetings at the best of times and it is just stretching the friendship IMO, with the Aussies already doing the Poland farewell, and prob gonna do the Mildura one as well! thats 3 farewell meaningless meetings for the riders??? OR Change the whole lineup in England farewell meeting, from the Poland one? Wheres Crump, Sullivan?? etc?

So who's fault is it if whingeing bellyaching riders dont wanna come over and do it...as for Sullivan he didnt do the Polish meeting so what do you make of that?!..seems he doesnt want anything to do with the flag of Australia anymore

Tai Woffinden now in line-up.

In place of who?

/

16th. declared rider I think

/

16th. declared rider I think

I thought that was Brian Karger coming into the main event?

Still, no matter i will still be going.

Full riding order:

Adams

Korneliussen

Zagar

Holder

Sedgmen

Sweetman

Stead

Ward

Johnston

Batchelor

Lyons

Holta

Woffinden

Karger

Andersen

Parker

Res:

Gathercole

Masters

demo laps from Loram, and weather forecast sunny B)

Considering the esteem in which Leigh is held throughout the speedway world, it is a very disappointing line-up. Expected we might see the likes of Hancock, Crump and Hampel, but no. Also hoped we wouldn't have to suffer the brat Bachelor. Bearing in mind the very different levels of the riders involved it would surely have been better to have run it as a Australia v Rest of the World event, with the Premier League riders involved as reserves.

Full riding order:

Adams

Korneliussen

Zagar

Holder

Sedgmen

Sweetman

Stead

Ward

Johnston

Batchelor

Lyons

Holta

Woffinden

Karger

Andersen

Parker

Res:

Gathercole

Masters

demo laps from Loram, and weather forecast sunny B)

pretty poor line up to be honest considering the increase in admission cost .got to squeeze every last penny out of us i guess .cant see line up bringing in a lot of neutrals.wish leigh all the best but heres a car full that wont be bothering .

As for sullifan, dont know his story at all.

Certainly doesnt appear to bend over backwards to ride in anything other than where he wants and where he no doubt must earn his money. Wouldnt know how to speak english anymore methinks :P

Maybe he has a gambling debt and he only rides in league meetings and tries to earn every cent as to pay it all back.

I cant think of an explanation, but there must be one you'd think.

That was a joke the above gambling theory - before someone has a dig!

This will be an interesting battle in what is almost the final curtain to be drawn on the Pomgolian 'summer'

Darkhorse tip: Darkkyyy :neutral:

Considering the esteem in which Leigh is held throughout the speedway world, it is a very disappointing line-up. Expected we might see the likes of Hancock, Crump and Hampel, but no.

pretty poor line up to be honest considering the increase in admission cost.

Got to agree - Gutted at the line up to be honest :sad:

Take out Leigh, Rune, Zagar and Holder it doesnt look that much better than the Welsh Open line up :neutral:

There must be reasons as to why top names arent there, but I do feel it will affect the crowd in a big way

Edited by Matt Davis

To be fair i don't give a crap about the line up ..as Long Is Leigh is there who cares ? thats what the days about .