---

9) Jonsson

10) Pedersen

11) Lindgren

12) Sayfutdinov

13) Kolodziej

14) Laguta

15) Lindback

End of the road for Hans Andersen having finished 12th, and Tai Woffinden surely cannot have a spot - its a wasted space in the series if he is.

Surely now in my opinion after tonight then its got to be:

1) Gollob

2) Hampel

3) Crump

4) Holta

5) Hancock

6) Harris

7) Bjerre

8) Holder

---

9) Jonsson

10) Pedersen

11) Lindgren

12) Sayfutdinov

13) Kolodziej

14) Laguta

15) Lindback

End of the road for Hans Andersen having finished 12th, and Tai Woffinden surely cannot have a spot - its a wasted space in the series if he is.

I cant do anything else than agree. I had my doubts about AJ but it is hard to kick someone out of the GP just finished one point from top-8. Kolodziej has been absolutely terrific this season and world championship has to include the best riders. If he keeps on going like he finished this season he is one of the candidates for the medals next year. Both Emil and Nicki will get a nomination based on what they have done earlier and no question they deserve it.

As expected, Chris Harris is no longer in the nomination equation as he finally manages to make it into the top eight. He's done well this season, but now needs to repeat the trick.

Andreas Jonsson's win will surely have guaranteed him a nomination and you can't argue with the nomination of a rider who has just won a GP. Hans Andersen, on the other hand, could easily to pushed aside for the second time.

Janusz Kolodziej's second final must give BSI something to think about, but it might not be enough.

My guess is that Emil Sayfutdinov, Nicki Pedersen and Andreas Jonsson are certainties, while the final spot is between Andersen, Kolodziej and Woffinden.

As long as janusz and AJ get the nominations then I'll be well happy with that icon_smile_approve.gif

Have to agree with the above. I reckon AJ and Kolodziej should get the nod along with Nicki and Emil for next year. AJ missed out by just 1 point after 11 GP's and his win tonight should be enough. As far as I recall he has only needed a pick once before and that was after injuries had ruled him out of some of the GP's, so it's not as if he's a serial "beggar".

Kolodziej has got to 2 Finals, got a WTC winners medal and was only pipped in a run-off in the GP Challenge. That's enough of a CV in my opinion to get a slot in front of a 2nd Brit. No Brit has done anything near enough at any level to be given a pick.

It's not just about a "second Brit". It's also about a "third Dane" and a "fourth Pole". It could get very political between now and the announcement. The Poles obviously want Kolodziej in the series and most fair-minded people would agree that he deserves it ahead of Woffinden and Andersen. It might be just as easy to pick Kolodziej and leave the British and Danes unhappy, but I wouldn't be surprised if Woffinden gets the nod to preserve Britain's quota. I'd be astonished if Andersen gets a spot.

Surely has to be AJ, Emil, Nicki & Kolodziej.

Have to agree with the above. I reckon AJ and Kolodziej should get the nod along with Nicki and Emil for next year. AJ missed out by just 1 point after 11 GP's and his win tonight should be enough. As far as I recall he has only needed a pick once before and that was after injuries had ruled him out of some of the GP's, so it's not as if he's a serial "beggar".

Kolodziej has got to 2 Finals, got a WTC winners medal and was only pipped in a run-off in the GP Challenge. That's enough of a CV in my opinion to get a slot in front of a 2nd Brit. No Brit has done anything near enough at any level to be given a pick.

Pedersen and Emil are certain for next season,with the sport so big in Poland I think they will get another Pole in,that could well be Kolodziej,the last place is very much up for grabs.

It's not just about a "second Brit". It's also about a "third Dane" and a "fourth Pole". It could get very political between now and the announcement. The Poles obviously want Kolodziej in the series and most fair-minded people would agree that he deserves it ahead of Woffinden and Andersen. It might be just as easy to pick Kolodziej and leave the British and Danes unhappy, but I wouldn't be surprised if Woffinden gets the nod to preserve Britain's quota. I'd be astonished if Andersen gets a spot.

According to the swedish commentators Tai hasnt decided if he wants to be a part of GP next year and to be honest, I understand why. It cant be so fun to end up as number 14, 25 points after number 13 (39-years old Zorro) and 47 points from top-8. I think its a waste of his talent to put him in the GP. He is a good rider but to be a part of GP has just been bad for Tai. His performance in Sweden has been more or less a disaster, he has lost around 1,5 points in his average.

So let him stay out of the GP for a couple of years and then GB will have a rider who actually deserves to be a part of the World Championship and even might be a candidate for top-5.

Fair enough, but still don't think he should get anymore than jacket 19. Didn't qualify, run-off or not

According to the swedish commentators Tai hasnt decided if he wants to be a part of GP next year and to be honest, I understand why. It cant be so fun to end up as number 14, 25 points after number 13 (39-years old Zorro) and 47 points from top-8. I think its a waste of his talent to put him in the GP. He is a good rider but to be a part of GP has just been bad for Tai. His performance in Sweden has been more or less a disaster, he has lost around 1,5 points in his average.

So let him stay out of the GP for a couple of years and then GB will have a rider who actually deserves to be a part of the World Championship and even might be a candidate for top-5.

He was quoted in the Speedway Star saying something similar after Terenzano. However, such quotes indicate that he feels the decision is his.

got to agree with most views top 11 finishers with laguta and lindback with emil and kolodziej.surely it doesnt matter what nationality

Well I hope Hans does get in as his form in gp's and the leagues did drop after he had the coming together with Nikki. He was in a lot of pain at Ipswich but he carried on trying to ride for his teams. I don't think his last gp's would have been so low in points if he wasn't injured.

The more they try to please every nation the more of a farce the field becomes, they should all qualify during the year the world championship is, 2011 for the 2011 competition! Turn some of the GPs into qualifiers ..........

While I understand there will be a lobby for Woffinden I think it would be a travesty if he were picked ahead of Janusz. Look at the Polish and Swedish league stats:

(from aktuellspeedway.se)

Poland:

Kolodziej 3rd on 9.09 (these are aves exc bonus, add in bonus and he overtakes Pedersen to finish second behind Gollob)

Woffinden 43rd on 4.41

Sweden

Kolodziej 3rd on 8.68 (second including bonus points)

Woffinden 66th on 4.27 (below Ricky Kling, Kauko Nieminen, Kim Nilsson, Krzysztof Jablonski, Krzysztof Buczkowski and Tomasz Jedrzejak - maybe they should be in the GP?)

Edited by arnieg