British Speedway Forum

This is terrific news. Congratulations to BSI for seeing sense and doing away with "country quotas". Also the news that the wildcards will not necessarily be from the host country is a very positive step. Next year shapes up to be a highly competitive series. Watch my little man Kolodziej shake things up. Imagine a heat as follows. Sayfutdinov, Kolodziej, Holta and Gollob. Brilliant!!!

Regards. Alan.

After tonight, I think the four seeded riders for 2011 should be:

1. Nicki Pedersen

2. Emil Sajfutdinov

3. Andreas Jonsson

4. Janusz Kolodziej

All the best

Rob

Just call me Mystic Rob. ;):P

All the best

Rob

Right decision in the end although I think Hans can think himself a little unlucky.

It must have been a tough choice for the organisers as so many of the 'big' stars finished outside the top 8.

I wonder if they ever considered doing away with the wildcard (for each round) and having that 16th spot as a permanent rider (so then Hans could have then been fitted in, as surely he was 5th choice)

Also the news that the wildcards will not necessarily be from the host country is a very positive step

And is also a handy way of getting a second Brit in, most of the time!!

Leaves the door open for uk riders who start the season on form!!

Edited by Fingersfin

Also the news that the wildcards will not necessarily be from the host country is a very positive step.

I didn't think they were anyway. For example, Crump was a WC at Hackney in 1995.

LINE-UP FOR THE 2011 FIM SPEEDWAY GRAND PRIX SERIES:

1 Tomasz GOLLOB (Poland)

2 Jaroslaw HAMPEL (Poland)

3 Jason CRUMP (Australia)

4 Rune HOLTA (Poland)

5 Greg HANCOCK (USA)

6 Chris HARRIS (Great Britain)

7 Kenneth BJERRE (Denmark)

8 Chris HOLDER (Australia)

9 Andreas JONSSON (Sweden)

10 Nicki PEDERSEN (Denmark)

11 Fredrik LINDGREN (Sweden)

12 Emil SAYFUTDINOV (Russia)

13 Artem LAGUTA (Russia)

14 Antonio LINDBÄCK (Sweden)

15 Janusz KOLODZIEJ (Poland)

16 WILD CARD

17 TRACK RESERVE

18 TRACK RESERVE

QUALIFIED SUBSTITUTES

19 Magnus ZETTERSTRÖM (Sweden)

20 Thomas H JONASSON (Sweden)

21 Niels Kristian IVERSEN (Denmark)

22 Andrey KARPOV (Ukraine)

23 Grigory LAGUTA (Russia)

This is terrific news. Congratulations to BSI for seeing sense and doing away with "country quotas". Also the news that the wildcards will not necessarily be from the host country is a very positive step. Next year shapes up to be a highly competitive series. Watch my little man Kolodziej shake things up. Imagine a heat as follows. Sayfutdinov, Kolodziej, Holta and Gollob. Brilliant!!!

Regards. Alan.

I think there are quite a few seriously good races to be seen next year Alan! Great news as you say, finally they've seen sense. Weren't some people suggesting Richardson should get another chance too! Thank god for small mercies... :D I'm looking forward to it already!!

Just call me Mystic Rob. ;):P

All the best

Rob

Rob ,my dog could have predicted those four mate, stop gloating.. :P

Edited by Jacques

Ultimately the right decision for the integrity of the sport and it will be interesting to see how Janusz does in 2011

In Hans case I think he has been unlucky that Janusz has been delivering the performances that he has, as otherwise he would no doubt be in .... it has now set a new standard for how few points you can be off the top 8 and not be offered a wildcard

AJ I fear now is living on borrowed time.... he needs to rediscover the glory days and quickly if he is to avoid being the next sacrificial lamb

I didnt think that the GP's could become even tougher but they just have with imo Laguta and Lindback being stronger than Woffinden and Zorro

Andersen's injury was caused by Pedersen's crash so wasnt his fault.

Kolodziej's bike was his own responsibility and his mechanics responisbility. Only his own team to blame.

That is the difference. Your point does not stack up.

How much lower do you intend to stoop in the name of a lost cause?

Anyway, I do believe Kolodziej's engine failure was caused by grit thrown up by a competitor's rear wheel caused the engine failure, so by your reasoning that wasn't his fault. Yes, I can stoop too, but my cause isn't lost. Kolodziej's in.

How much lower do you intend to stoop in the name of a lost cause?

Anyway, I do believe Kolodziej's engine failure was caused by grit thrown up by a competitor's rear wheel caused the engine failure, so by your reasoning that wasn't his fault. Yes, I can stoop too, but my cause isn't lost. Kolodziej's in.

Ive already said I dont care who got nomination but your arguement was flawed.

The table position for Andersen of 7th before he was injured, and this in a league you said was better than 2009, is not for debate as its fact.

He only went down hill after riding with severe injury and thats not for debate either as it fact.

Stop being a big girls blouse and admit you were wrong. :lol:

Edited by Mark

Hi my name is tom anderson am im putting this topic on the forum about the wild cards for 2011. I am a huge fan of hans andersen namesake. But he has been left out of the picture for next year and i dont really feel its fair he rode with broken fingers this year and sould of pulled out of two grands but didnt. We all knew the speedway commision woulndnt leave out nicki pedersen or emil sayfutindov but andreas jonsson only finished on a high at the last minute. But with janusz kolodiej been picked it means there are fours polish riders in next year Tomasz Gollob Jarek Hampel Runa holta and janusz. Also there are three swedes andreas jonsson antonio lindback and freddie lingren i understand lindgren an lindback qualifed in there own right but i cant help but feel its unfair. Please let me know your thoughts on this

Tom Anderson

Ive already said I dont care who got nomination but your arguement was flawed.

The table position for Andersen of 7th before he was injured, and this in a league you said was better than 2009, is not for debate as its fact.

He only went down hill after riding with severe injury and thats not for debate either as it fact.

Stop being a big girls blouse and admit you were wrong. :lol:

You'd be a wise man to give up now.

It was someone else who originally stated this year was stronger than last. I merely repeated it in a response. Was I being ironic?

Hi my name is tom anderson am im putting this topic on the forum about the wild cards for 2011. I am a huge fan of hans andersen namesake. But he has been left out of the picture for next year and i dont really feel its fair he rode with broken fingers this year and sould of pulled out of two grands but didnt. We all knew the speedway commision woulndnt leave out nicki pedersen or emil sayfutindov but andreas jonsson only finished on a high at the last minute. But with janusz kolodiej been picked it means there are fours polish riders in next year Tomasz Gollob Jarek Hampel Runa holta and janusz. Also there are three swedes andreas jonsson antonio lindback and freddie lingren i understand lindgren an lindback qualifed in there own right but i cant help but feel its unfair. Please let me know your thoughts on this

Tom Anderson

If they would have picked Andersen instead of AJ there would have been two Danish WC picks and three danes in the GPs (and two swedes) which isn't more fair then giving on of the nominations to AJ.

Regarding Kolodziej vs Hans. JK has been one of the worlds best rider the past season and imo its very hard to look past such a thing.

So i say that the picks actually are 4 good picks.

Anyway, I do believe Kolodziej's engine failure was caused by grit thrown up by a competitor's rear wheel caused the engine failure, so by your reasoning that wasn't his fault.

Well, I would say that he is fault, because you can only get grit thrown up by a competitor's rear wheel is if you're getting beaten. :wink:

Kolodziej did blow it under pressure in the GP challenge, but he showed enough at Bydgoszcz to show that he should be in the GP.

All the best

Rob

I am gutted about this guess I won't be going to Gp's next year. Best book to go to the world cup instead. Think this is so unfair you ride injured and miss out for next season. I hope Hans finds the form he is capable of next year and can get back to the Gp's. I won't be wishing Nikki luck thats for sure.