British Speedway Forum
Loose Trapper 1

Bournemouth V Newport - Play Off Semi 1st Leg

Well done to newport for winning tonight :) special thanks to our guests chipped in the points as well. Best wishes to jay herne though

Edited by SpeedwayLover92

I understand that Bmth were riding under protest at Birks inclusion.

A rather ignominious end for the Buccs.

I dont give a tinkers cuss right now about the result.

Sincere Best Wishes to both Jay Herne and James Brundle.

Thats all that REALLY matters.

Edited by BobC

I understand that Bmth were riding under protest at Birks inclusion.

A rather ignominious end for the Buccs.

I dont give a tinkers cuss right now about the result.

Sincere Best Wishes to both Jay Herne and James Brundle.

Thats all that REALLY matters.

Rule 18.1.5.5 States "Guest riders in the NL are restricted to a replacement for the #1 (by CMA) only" which seems pretty clear to me but didn't Bournemouth use Lewis Kerr as a guest at #4 not long ago.

They did indeed Martin, However that was only because james got injured and Bournemouth were already using RR in the first meeting and both teams agreed to Lewis doing the second meeting.

This was a difficult decision and one that both the ref and Peter Morrish were involed in. I would doubt under any other circumstances it would be allowed to happen again. As I see it a team can have a guest for the number one rider or can use a teams number 8 if they have serious injuries as teams have done with Lewis and Jake this year. However Ashley is no longer a number 8 so it does seem a little strange.

They did indeed Martin, However that was only because james got injured and Bournemouth were already using RR in the first meeting and both teams agreed to Lewis doing the second meeting.

This was a difficult decision and one that both the ref and Peter Morrish were involed in. I would doubt under any other circumstances it would be allowed to happen again. As I see it a team can have a guest for the number one rider or can use a teams number 8 if they have serious injuries as teams have done with Lewis and Jake this year. However Ashley is no longer a number 8 so it does seem a little strange.

Was it that difficult..? Surely R/R for Kyle was what SHOULD have happened here. It was after all a play off semi, so sticking to the rules should really have been something of a priority... :neutral:

Certainly hope both James and Jay are okay - Jay's really not had a good 2010.. :cry:

Can imagine that Aaron was one very happy Asbo when he won heat two... Well done on the six points mate... :approve:

Even Better the Hornets emulating the Bees and a 10 point win with our own Captain Couragious Tony Atkin leading the way

Close enough, Billy! (Oh, and there's an 'e' in courageous'!)

Well Done the Mighty HORNETS!

Buccs did ride under protest.

See here....

http://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/sport/speedway/be_buccaneers/8436474.Jay_and_James_injured_in_Buccs_play_off_loss/

I like it.Garry May tried everything in the book to cheat his way to getting another rider in for a so called ''unavailable rider'.He was refused.The 'incoming rider' was told by Bmth he was in the meeting a couple of weeks ago.It came about because Newport wanted to use the same rider,but he told them that he was already lined to ride for Bmth!!

No matter,Newport did their job,although there was specualtion on the terraces that the Buccs had been ordered to lose as Matt Ford didnt want anymore NL meetings.

See here....

http://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/sport/speedway/be_buccaneers/8436474.Jay_and_James_injured_in_Buccs_play_off_loss/

I like it.Garry May tried everything in the book to cheat his way to getting another rider in for a so called ''unavailable rider'.He was refused.The 'incoming rider' was told by Bmth he was in the meeting a couple of weeks ago.It came about because Newport wanted to use the same rider,but he told them that he was already lined to ride for Bmth!!

No matter,Newport did their job,although there was specualtion on the terraces that the Buccs had been ordered to lose as Matt Ford didnt want anymore NL meetings.

I will be pleased when his season has finished am so fed up with thte constant back biting and blatant cheating and I know there are more teams than not that are bending the rules now than ever.

I really am now only interested in the well being of the Injured Buccs from last night.

See here....

http://www.bournemou..._play_off_loss/

Still upset about Kyle then Bob?:wink:

See here....

The rules clearly state that guest riders are only allowed to cover for the teams number 1 and that in the event that the declared number 8 is not available then a 3 point rider who is not in a declared 1 - 7 can be used, if Newport had redeclared their team to include Aaron then that would have been OK but they cannot use Birks as a guest for Kyle or Tim as neither are the top rider in the Newport averages and Birks is in the declared 1 -7 for Scunthorpe so if the rules are stuck to which lets face they seem to be very fluid, then the pionts from both rider or at least Birks will be removed.

May be a daft question , but....

Scunthorpe have long since finished their season, so have all their riders effectively become free agents ?

May be a daft question , but....

Scunthorpe have long since finished their season, so have all their riders effectively become free agents ?

Not according to the BSPA declared list just published a couple of days ago.

It would appear that Newport feel that they can use guests at any number, taken from the BSPA site this morning

NEWPORT: HORNETS V KING'S LYNN (KOC) - PREVIEW

Thursday October 07, 2010

The Newport Hornets take on the Kings Lynn Young Stars in the second leg of the National League's Knock Out Cup Semi-Final at Queensway Meadows on Sunday afternoon at 2.30pm.

Newport will be without Kyle Newman who is on Premier League duty with Birmingham and so operate the rider replacement rule for him while Scunthorpe's Ashley Birks will guest for the injured Tim Webster.

This does also clarify that Birks is still a Scunny rider and they no it, also not Aaron is still included.