British Speedway Forum
Loose Trapper 1

Bournemouth V Newport - Play Off Semi 1st Leg

Why don't you stop bitching about splitting hairs etc.

We had 2 riders with serious crashes & to hear James cry out in agony like that has sickened me. That's twice in a week riders have been run over & all some of you do is whinge about the score.

Let's hope with some better news this morning that both riders are not seriously injured. I don't think I want to experience that again.

ALL THE BEST TO JAY & JAMES. Take it easy guys & get better.

Not according to the BSPA declared list just published a couple of days ago.

But they also include Benji Compton - and we know that he retired after the last meeting...

Bit of a grey area - open to interpretation...

'Scunthorpe's Ashley Birks' may be an indicator to supporters of the team he has ridden for all this season ... or that he is a Scunthorpe asset - but no longer riding for Scunthorpe because their season has ended...

Yet another conundrum for the BSPA to sort out.

clearly what we should have done is gone rider replacement for two riders in the main body of the side..... :rolleyes:

such a shame that two young british riders are given more oppurtunities to ride this season, two riders crash out of the meeting for the buccs and all that comes out of it is that people protest & moan about the rules.

All the best to Jay & James

for those of you that didnt hear mark's foot rest hit james in the back and the howling scream that he let out then let me tell you it was bad and all this rubbish about cheating just for god sake grow up and stop petting arguements, so what bournemouth rode under protest big deal it is down to them, the clarke of the course, the referre and bspa to sort out not for people that dont know anything about to go on the the forum and pick at. look at the more serious matter here there are wo riders that are injured, i didnt hear anything when jay went down but like i said the way that james screamed and the sound it made when the bike hit him is something that i will not be forgetting in a hurry!!!!!

i am a newport fan and a hornets fan i just hope both riders are ok and get the hel[p they need i would love to send a get well card to both riders could someone tell me where to send them to thanks

They did indeed Martin, However that was only because james got injured and Bournemouth were already using RR in the first meeting and both teams agreed to Lewis doing the second meeting.

This was a difficult decision and one that both the ref and Peter Morrish were involed in. I would doubt under any other circumstances it would be allowed to happen again. As I see it a team can have a guest for the number one rider or can use a teams number 8 if they have serious injuries as teams have done with Lewis and Jake this year. However Ashley is no longer a number 8 so it does seem a little strange.

Dale,

The point I was trying to make was not to score points on one side or the other but just to seek clarification. I am sure that Lewis is not the only rider who has guested in a position other than the #1 position but his name was the first to spring to mind.

I also make the point that rule 16.4.1 states that the National Trophy will be decided with a Final for teh top two teams on a home and away basis. Is that happening - no it isn't.

Because of the sensistivity of using this post about what seem trivial matters when riders are injured, I will open up another post on the validity of the SCB Rule Book 2010 version!!

Best wishes to both James and Jay - it certainly sounds like James' crash was a bad one.

Dale,

The point I was trying to make was not to score points on one side or the other but just to seek clarification. I am sure that Lewis is not the only rider who has guested in a position other than the #1 position but his name was the first to spring to mind.

I also make the point that rule 16.4.1 states that the National Trophy will be decided with a Final for teh top two teams on a home and away basis. Is that happening - no it isn't.

Because of the sensistivity of using this post about what seem trivial matters when riders are injured, I will open up another post on the validity of the SCB Rule Book 2010 version!!

Best wishes to both James and Jay - it certainly sounds like James' crash was a bad one.

talking to jays mrs via facebook last night it appears no bones broken and hes still in one piece:-) fingers crossed there is some good news on james soon.

Sad that that seems to be the last ever home meeting for the Buccs.

Hope Jay and James will be OK. Very disconcerting to hear James in so much pain from the back of the 1/2 bend bank. It reminds people that riders are flesh and bone and can hurt just the same as the rest of us.

Cant understand all the bitching about rules (not just in this instance either) by fans and forum members. Leave the arguments about rules to the officals and just enjoy the matches is my philosophy. Anyone who thinks such bitching will have any effect whatsoever on any interpretation of any rule at any time is just kidding themselves so why waste time and energy doing it.

Good to see Ashley Birks getting in some more track time. Along with a few other first year riders they has been the best thing about the NL this season - and they didnt need all the Aussies to be thrown out to make it into team racing. Talent will always come through and they will have benefited more from riding against the likes of Branford, Morris, Dyer etc than they ever would have by having teams made up by riders who were not really ready for team racing.

:)

Have spoken to Garry and he was at the hospital until 1.30am but believe it or not both riders want to ride at Rye House in the 4s.

You don't have to be mad but it helps.

Good to see Ashley Birks getting in some more track time. Along with a few other first year riders they has been the best thing about the NL this season - and they didnt need all the Aussies to be thrown out to make it into team racing. Talent will always come through and they will have benefited more from riding against the likes of Branford, Morris, Dyer etc than they ever would have by having teams made up by riders who were not really ready for team racing.

Couldn't agree more.

A safe return for our injured riders from both sides, please.