British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Pawlicki And His Average Manipulation

I wonder if the sour grapes will go on throughout the closed season? I think they may! never mind, Coventry are still the league champions, and no amount of hot air is going to change that!

From the Bees website, "The two sides were missing their Polish riders involved in the Golden Helmet and in addition both Swindon and Coventry gave their No.8s an outing in place of their regular No.7s, in accordance with the rulebook, with Morten Risager left out of the Robins' line-up and Bees not risking the ongoing arm injury of Przemyslaw Pawlicki."

From the local paper, "Rossiter added: “He’s still struggling with that arm, we’ll see how he feels this week but if he’s not right then I might rest him on Thursday."

Neither of them quotes say Pawlicki is injured and we'll use a facility, they say he's not fit so he may be "rested". I don't know where you got it form it was claimed he was injured. Are you saying that the management lied and Pawlicki had not had his crashes? The one that ripped the top of the arm on his kevlars to shreads. Shamek had a crash in Germany on Sept 10th and pulled out of the meeting. Yes, he did ride on the monday in the play-off final but then as he was not 100% (and of course because it meant he would get an average otherwise) Shamek was reste don the Thursday.

Theres nothing in the rulebook to say that you can't rest a rider from his 12th meeting. It's just not something you're allowed a facility for.

Would you be complaining if we'd use Summers for Harris? Or KK? Or Barker?

Do you think Poole have realised how bad this rant looks given their previous form on riders missing meetings etc yet? Whichever way you look at it, and as nice as it to see Poole 'out conned' Coventry have been just as bad. We need to stop this win at all costs stuff, It's ruining the sport IMO.

Do you think Poole have realised how bad this rant looks given their previous form on riders missing meetings etc yet? Whichever way you look at it, and as nice as it to see Poole 'out conned' Coventry have been just as bad. We need to stop this win at all costs stuff, It's ruining the sport IMO.

It's not win at all costs. It's being a good manager. The fact your manager says he'd never do it proves he's lacking something when it comes to being a team manager.

Because It's WRONG. The rider had plenty of chances to complete 12 fixtures but he was always mysteriously missing. Pawlicki shouldn't have been at reserve and should not be on a 4.00 next . Coventry lowered themselves to Poole's standards.. You can deny that.

Because It's WRONG. The rider had plenty of chances to complete 12 fixtures but he was always mysteriously missing. Pawlicki shouldn't have been at reserve and should not be on a 4.00 next . Coventry lowered themselves to Poole's standards.. You can deny that.

I say it's good management and it's exactly what I'd do. That doesn't make me wrong, it just means I understand the rules. People will chime in with playing fair, what is fair then? Surely fair is doing as the rules say and Coventry have done that. Or is fair letting Poole win the play-offs because they were top of the league?

Another possible proposal .... no guest or r/r facility for riders with assessed averages !

Would a team want a rider averaging six points a match to go missing if there is no cover allowed.

Edited by T.N.T.

Yes and Leon Madsen on a 4.00 is fair.............

At least he managed to ride enough meetings to get a proper average. :wink:

Another possible proposal .... no guest or r/r facility for riders with assessed averages !

Would a team want a rider averaging six points a match to go missing if there is no cover allowed.

Erm, we had no facility for Shamek :rolleyes:

Coventry used the rules to there advantage. the problem here isn't what coventry did it's the rules themselves and if i'm not mistaken isn't Matt Ford a member of the committee that sets out the rules and regs for the season

Everyone uses the rules to there advantage, some do better than others Ford gets the proper arse when other teams get it better than he does.

He is one sore loser

Queston for Steve Shovlar 'Are you allowed within the rules to replace any member of your team with your No8' ?

well, he hasn't bothered to answer this. Hmmmm, wonder why?rolleyes.gif

It's not win at all costs. It's being a good manager. The fact your manager says he'd never do it proves he's lacking something when it comes to being a team manager.

:approve:

Now there's a surprise :D