British Speedway Forum
Mimmo

Buxton V King's Lynn (koc Final)

Shows how commited to the NDL Aussie riders are...not!

All year round Speedway. Get paid for team riding in the UK and then go and ride all winter in individuals in Oz even before the end of the UK season.

I think that Aussie riders are only it it for themselves - they don't give a fig about the promoters who gave them a chance, their fellow teammates, their sponsers, or British supporters...

Cmon Scribbler dont compare all Aussies to one rider.

I still cant get my head around why Nick would leave the club when most needed either after what they have done for him this year.

I can only speak for my son and i can tell you my son would blead for Buxton, he loves the club and everyone involved with it.

So to tar all aussies with the same brush is unfair.

Darrell Branford

Cmon Scribbler dont compare all Aussies to one rider.

I still cant get my head around why Nick would leave the club when most needed either after what they have done for him this year.

I can only speak for my son and i can tell you my son would blead for Buxton, he loves the club and everyone involved with it.

So to tar all aussies with the same brush is unfair.

Darrell Branford

Apologies to both you and your son Darrell.

I suppose that I'm just a bit cynical and disillusioned at the moment... One Newport rider left waaaay before season end and I've just read about 2 Dudley Heathen riders sending their equipment back before season end in their rush to get back to Oz for the Individual meets.

Respect to those who put their team before themselves.

I suppose that I'm just a bit cynical and disillusioned at the moment... One Newport rider left waaaay before season end and I've just read about 2 Dudley Heathen riders sending their equipment back before season end in their rush to get back to Oz for the Individual meets.

Apology excepted.

Regards Darrell

What's to be disillusioned about an Aussie rider who leaves the UK when his visa expires?

I would have thought you'd have been dancing with your Little Englander buddies at Heathrow waving him off?

but hopefully they'll be sum sort of Updates from the Track & I'll be there next Wednesday for the return Leg.

Buy me a pint on Wednesday and I'll make sure there are updates on Sunday :wink:

We love him too! :D:wub:

Buy me a pint on Wednesday and I'll make sure there are updates on Sunday :wink:

Don't you mean "updatesh on Shunday", Shquall?

What's to be disillusioned about an Aussie rider who leaves the UK when his visa expires?

I would have thought you'd have been dancing with your Little Englander buddies at Heathrow waving him off?

I'm not returning to the arguement about visas - there's been a long discussion about whether that rider rode legally already...

You have your own 'little Ozers' who don't want British riders going over to Oz this winter to ride in their Individual meetings...

I'm not returning to the arguement about visas - there's been a long discussion about whether that rider rode legally already...

If you're not returning to it why did you bring it up?

Not really fair to tar them all with the same brush, there are plenty of Aussies that give their all and are 100% committed to their cause. Nick had his reasons and I'm not getting into the whys and wherefores of it all. However, the fact remains that some riders are more committed to their respective clubs than others in all three leagues regardless of nationality.

i'll get accused of **** licking but if i had a hat on i'd take it off to you Jayne

I am one of the majority who thinks morris let you and the supporters down badly but rather get involved in any discussions over it you react with dignity and look at the bigger picture for speedway and calm things down with a matter of fact statement

if only other promoters in uk could follow your example speedway would be in a lot healthier a position

good luck to buxton and their loyal fans and riders for the KOC

Not quiet sure its going to be the walk in the park your predicting Baggpuss.

With Nick Morris buggering off home early, and a few injury worries might be a close run thing.

And looking at the fixtures Craig Cook might be elsewhere too.

Junior

who is his replacement?

i'll get accused of **** licking but if i had a hat on i'd take it off to you Jayne

I am one of the majority who thinks morris let you and the supporters down badly but rather get involved in any discussions over it you react with dignity and look at the bigger picture for speedway and calm things down with a matter of fact statement

if only other promoters in uk could follow your example speedway would be in a lot healthier a position

good luck to buxton and their loyal fans and riders for the KOC

And I'm sure the fact that Jayne is a Lady and the rest of them are men is pure coincidence :rolleyes:

Chopper thank you for all the supportive and kind words you have had for all Brit youngsters this year and best of luck to you and Rob for the future

Hope the weather stays fine for this big meeting. Can't be there due to the STR meeting at KL but best wishes to the KL Young Stars and I hope they get a big enough lead to draw the crowds for next Wednesday at the NA. One would think so with it being the last meeting at the NA this year apart from some amateur meetings.

To young Mimmo, the most faithful, enthusiastic and most vocal KL Young Stars supporter, a word of advice. Don't dally too long with the tarts in Bakewell. Too much of a good thing can make you ill!!!

Martin Widman

Sadly Martin I have developed a health problem that prevents me from travelling. To say I'm disappointed wouldn't go anywhere near to how I feel about having to miss this fixture. I simply adore my visits to Buxton, and everyone makes you feel so welcome there.

I wish both teams the best of luck for tomorrow, and naturally hope that the Young Stars can keep any deficit as tight as possible in readiness for the second leg on Wednesday.

OK then if I really have to :):wink: I'll play some good music for you aswell ;)

OK then if I really have to :):wink: I'll play some good music for you aswell ;)

You're the best! :wub: