British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
I HATE THE RAIN

King's Lynn 2011

I can't imagine that we've signed an entire EL team in a week.

Must be staying PL.

Agreed. If the article is correct there is no way a 1-7 Elite League team could be put together in such a short space of time.

I can't imagine that we've signed an entire EL team in a week.

Must be staying PL.

Mmmmmm. I don't think so, why draw away from what they have always done since we have been in the PL, and that is announce the 1-7 to the fans at a fans meeting, and where the press are also invited?

I think, like AJH that this is not the announcement of the 1-7, but something more. If it is just to announce the new 1-7 for 2011, then I will be surprised.

It is so unusual for our promotion to not engage with the supporters, and that's what makes me think there could be more to this.

It is a press release from a news paper, and can be read in many ways, as said above.

The one and only post since the AGM and prior to today stated ''team news by the end of the week'' and now it's Monday. Will we hear then?

Agreed. If the article is correct there is no way a 1-7 Elite League team could be put together in such a short space of time.

Are they sure as to the set limit for the EL as I thought that was what the dispute was about?

The EDP say we will hear our 1-7 where as the short bit on the STARS FB page says ''team news''

I totally agree AJH, personally think EDP have it wrong and have just guessed thats what it means, I think it will be regarding EL or PL. Buster I think will always have a fan forum as he likes to hear what we have to say

Cheers. Glad it's not just me then :lol:

Not 100% sure Buster's always likes what the fans have to say, especially judging from the King's Lynn Town fan forums (not been, but from what I've been told) but it does seem daft to turn down a good few £££'s from takings in the off season from a packed fans forum :wink:

Just a thought having re-read the latest post on FB by the STARS, could it be that the reason for the delay until Monday is because there is another meeting over the weekend to discuss the problems in the EL?

Whilst the statement says they are sorry for the confusion and concern it has not been eleviated and they must know what they are going to be able to release on Monday, as why state it will be 12pm?

Just a thought and trying to make sense of things. :unsure:

Interesting that the words new look team are mentioned, would this mean that they are going Elite next season.

With only 2-3 riders from the final 2010 team likely to retained(Roynon, Bjerre and probably Topinka) a PL septet would be new look.

Thats if Bjerre stays, with Trav and now Shane available, put them with Tom, Schrammy, Roynon and Lambert and maybe chuck in Chris Kerr that would be a new look team

Thats if Bjerre stays, with Trav and now Shane available, put them with Tom, Schrammy, Roynon and Lambert and maybe chuck in Chris Kerr that would be a new look team

That would be over the limit.

With the BSPA statement it looks like Elite League Speedway at Saddlebow next season.

With the BSPA statement it looks like Elite League Speedway at Saddlebow next season.

It certainly looks that way Semion.What with the Stars and the BSPA making statements on the same day and the same time.

I personally want us to stay PL basically because it is better value for money and you get to see different teams most weeks.But as a supporter of the Stars i would go along and watch them in the EL,because that is what supporters of teams do.

What amazes me is that it looks like KL will get all the help that Ipswich didn't get to allow them to say in the Elite league...

Add to that the fact that if KL had refused to join the EL - as they always have said in the past - then the BSPA and Covntry and Peterborough would have HAD to sort things out for the good of the sport.

Looks to me that KL have been used by the BSPA and I don't like what I'm seeing...

It certainly looks that way Semion.What with the Stars and the BSPA making statements on the same day and the same time.

I personally want us to stay PL basically because it is better value for money and you get to see different teams most weeks.But as a supporter of the Stars i would go along and watch them in the EL,because that is what supporters of teams do.

It certainly looks that we are Elite League now.

So, we're now going to be the BSPA's scapegoat and EL whipping boys so they can hang on to the Sky money. Brilliant :mad::cry:

I am quite excited about the possibility of EL speedway at Lynn next year, though can understand peoples opinions and wanting to stick with PL which has been right for us so far.

But personally I quite like the changes being made, I think it will make the EL and PL much closer which is what the sport needs.

I think the EL won't have as strong riders, so costs should be slightly lower therefore making a meeting between a EL or PL team much closer. I also think with the changes there is slightly less chance of one team running away with the league or making crafty changes etc.

I think it has somewhat been blown out of proportion because Peterborough and Coventry have taken a disliking to it, which has gone far too long and too deep much to the annoyance of most of this countries speedway community. These ongoings also make the EL even more of a NO GO then before...even though the changes appear quite good! IMO anyway

Isnt Batchelor still owned by KL - surely he would be first name on team sheet.

In some ways think it is great Lynn are going up, because then if Cov and PBoro come back to table we will have a nice ten-team league with two great additions in Brum and KL.