British Speedway Forum
BigFatDave

Leigh Adams Testimonial

Birmingham -- BFD ?????

Not to my knowledge. I plan on bumping into him a few times over the next three weeks, starting with Brisvegas this weekend, if we're not flooded out like the rest of Eastern Queensland! Fingers crossed for him and another ultra-popular Mildura rider who hasn't got a berth yet, Jason Lyons. Cam was good value last night; Sweets had one to forget as did Johnno; Cory was crash through or crash as usual - a good win over Darcy but a fall; Kozza had a good win over Ricky Kling, who also was there or thereabouts all evening along with Jason, Doyley, Ty and Chris; four seconds and a fall for Steady who stayed away from the fence this trip; Mark and Jake looked a bit out of their depth. Darcy had some great races as did Justin; Troy was superb including a brilliant lay-down to avoid Cam locking up on the last bend of ht 4, but even tho' he finished runner-up the night belonged to Leigh - great passing rides, a duel with Justin; beat Troy in the heats in a ripper and lost to Cam in another thriller - LEGEND.

Did I mention Justin beat Leigh in the heats? did him on the first lap - went outside him on turns 1 & 2 - if you know Mildura you'll know that's not easy - then Leigh tried his guts out to pass him for the next three laps! Onya Justin!! Go the SedgHammer!!

Is Sedgys'Dad,Gavin,clerk of the course at Olympic Park,BFD?

What happened Noddy BfD, spare bike?

No injuries is the main thing and a great way to start the summer.

Batch was my tip before the meet, he sure knows how to come back and get his bike set up right, straight away like the start of last years Title.

Edited by dirt

Any estimate of the attendance for this meeting?

Is Sedgys'Dad,Gavin,clerk of the course at Olympic Park,BFD?

Got it in one BJ! Managed to bump into him a few times at the LAR Supper but stayed outta the way during the meeting - I was too busy being a social butterfly, as you do.

What happened Noddy BfD, spare bike?.

I put it down to his pony-tail - too much hair hangin' out the back increased his wind resistance.

All credit to Troy: only out here for a week and one meeting but he came with his race face on and did the job.

PS Forgot to mention There will be a DVD of the meeting - David Tapp's Power Productions was filming the event; I'll keep you posted.

Edited by BigFatDave

Did you overlook the SA Titles on this w/end BfD, where the Gillman website has him down to defend his title.

Thatd be 2 meetings he's doing. wooohoo, must love the snow.. :)

Well done Batchelor, even more amazing the fact he could come back for just 2 meetings and basically hurry back to UK. He must have a women. :lol:

What a superb couple of days in Mildura. Not too sure where to start.

Shall start with my thank yous.

BFD and Spider many thanks for organising my tickets for the dinner and the race meeting, plus the transportation to and from the venues. The banter was excellent also, I've learned one or two new Aussie phrases.

The meeting was amazing value with non-testimonial like racing i.e. these guys were going for it. Some notable races Leigh on Batch in the heats, Justin on Leigh in the heats and Ward in his last heat. With a cracker of a final.

Junior Solos were superb, Sissis and Fricke looking classy with one or two (even younger) looking very useful.

Mad sidecars ... great racing with no holds barred.

Another meeting with 40 ish heats.

Throw in a few Bundaberg and cokes....

If you haven't done Oz speedway, I highly recommend it.

Next stop Gillman.

Edited by SCOTLAND1314

Thanks for that.

Incidentally, i note the article says it was broadcast to Poland on the internet, i hope that doesn't mean we could have watched it streamed online too curses! lol

He just did what he does - hadn't been on a bike for a coupla years 'til practise on tuesday - pretty to watch, & very popular with the crowd & in the pits afterwards.

Re Justin - at least one other EL club sniffing around, plus he's fixed up for Poland. Door's open.

Would be seriously p***ed off bigtime if Swindon do not incorporate him into the side...stuff the likes of DC and his cronies who beg to differ!

Would be seriously p***ed off bigtime if Swindon do not incorporate him into the side...stuff the likes of DC and his cronies who beg to differ!

I feel fairly confident that the Swindon Promotion will put Sedgy in the side on a full time basis if it came to it, possibly with a view to a Premier slot opening up further down the line

Would like to see the Sedgmeister in the Swindon side this year, with Cory and /or Sweety.

Good luck to Sir Leigh and Johno, great careers and entertainment over the years guys. :approve::)

Did you overlook the SA Titles on this w/end BfD, where the Gillman website has him down to defend his title.

Thatd be 2 meetings he's doing. wooohoo, must love the snow.. :)

Well done Batchelor, even more amazing the fact he could come back for just 2 meetings and basically hurry back to UK. He must have a women. :lol:

I wasn't sure if he was doing Gillman, dirtbagmeol'mate, and would hardly post ubnsubstatiated rumours on here, would I? :rolleyes: He did say he'd just bought a house, so that's probably taking up all his off-season this year. Good on him for coming out for this; he also spoke well at the LAR Supper and ensured that Leigh will turn up at HIS Testimonial - although Leigh'll probably be riding a motorised Zimmer frame by then!

Unfortunately, pitstop, after typing em out for an hour the forum refuses to allow me to post the results,, why I don't know but when I type a small letter b it changes to (B) - if you'd like to know who beat who :oops: oops sorry, whom, pm me with your email address and I'll send them to you.

Edited by BigFatDave