British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
superguest

Polish News

The Ekstraliga authorities have announced several fines imposed on clubs as a result of them, or their supporters, being naughty:

Zielona Gora - 2,000 zloty fine for supporters lighting flares during the Gorzow versus Zielona Gora meeting.

Zielona Gora - 2,000 zloty fine for supporters throwing plastic bottles and cups on the track during the Gorzow versus Zielona Gora meeting.

Zielona Gora - 2,500 zloty fine, suspended for six months, for inappropriate advertising in the pits during the Zielona Gora versus Czestochowa meeting.

Gorzow - 1,000 zloty fine for supporters lighting flares ahead of the Gorzow versus Zielona Gora meeting.

Tarnow - 5,000 zloty fine for not having the track suitably prepared in time (one hour before the scheduled start time) for the Tarnow versus Torun meeting.

Tarnow - 2,500 zloty fine, suspended for six months, for inappropriate advertising in the pits during the Tarnow versus Torun meeting.

Leszno - 2,500 zloty fine, suspended for six months, for inappropriate advertising in the pits during the Leszno versus Wroclaw meeting.

Details:

http://translate.googleusercontent.com/translate_c?hl=en&prev=/search%3Fq%3Dsportowefakty%2Bzuzel%26hl%3Den%26rlz%3D1R2SUNC_enGB359%26prmd%3Divns&rurl=translate.google.com&sl=pl&u=http://www.sportowefakty.pl/zuzel/2011/05/15/cztery-kluby-ukarane-przez-ekstralige-az-trzy-kary-dla-zkz-s/&usg=ALkJrhhhXxigDtkRBLlC7nu84Tc6z_t7dA

They do take things jolly seriously.

The Ekstraliga authorities have announced several fines imposed on clubs as a result of them, or their supporters, being naughty:

Zielona Gora - 2,000 zloty fine for supporters lighting flares during the Gorzow versus Zielona Gora meeting.

Zielona Gora - 2,000 zloty fine for supporters throwing plastic bottles and cups on the track during the Gorzow versus Zielona Gora meeting.

Zielona Gora - 2,500 zloty fine, suspended for six months, for inappropriate advertising in the pits during the Zielona Gora versus Czestochowa meeting.

Gorzow - 1,000 zloty fine for supporters lighting flares ahead of the Gorzow versus Zielona Gora meeting.

Tarnow - 5,000 zloty fine for not having the track suitably prepared in time (one hour before the scheduled start time) for the Tarnow versus Torun meeting.

Tarnow - 2,500 zloty fine, suspended for six months, for inappropriate advertising in the pits during the Tarnow versus Torun meeting.

Leszno - 2,500 zloty fine, suspended for six months,

for inappropriate advertising in the pits during the Leszno versus Wroclaw meeting.

Details:

http://translate.googleusercontent.com/translate_c?hl=en&prev=/search%3Fq%3Dsportowefakty%2Bzuzel%26hl%3Den%26rlz%3D1R2SUNC_enGB359%26prmd%3Divns&rurl=translate.google.com&sl=pl&u=http://www.sportowefakty.pl/zuzel/2011/05/15/cztery-kluby-ukarane-przez-ekstralige-az-trzy-kary-dla-zkz-s/&usg=ALkJrhhhXxigDtkRBLlC7nu84Tc6z_t7dA

They do take things jolly seriously.

nice pay day for the authorities.

Tomasz Gollob will he be true to his word and quite speedway due to the threat to his life?????

http://www.speedway365.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=2339:poland-to-use-new-silencers&catid=317:polish-news&Itemid=598

Edited by screamer

Tomasz Gollob will he be true to his word and quite speedway due to the threat to his life?????

http://www.speedway365.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=2339:poland-to-use-new-silencers&catid=317:polish-news&Itemid=598

I don't think Gollob ever threatened to quite or even quit speedway. If he did, then it would seem obvious that since he has ridden the new silencer in the GPs and Sweden it's unlikely that he will follow through with the threat.

It seems a reasonable decision for the GKSZ to make, given that the riders have capitulated rather pathetically. Once the ring leaders decided it was more important for them to race in the GPs and earn money in Sweden than fight for what they believed in, what was the point in the GKSZ carrying on their prior policy. That policy was driven by the riders. I don't think the PZM or GKSZ ever had much of an issue with the new silencer.

It remains to be seen what the fans will make of it. Judging from the comments on sportowefakty.pl, not a lot seems to be the answer.

Edited by ladyluck

It remains to be seen what the fans will make of it.

I think that is the most important thing. If the rest of Europe is anything to go by it won't make a difference but the Poles are by far the most passionate fans in the World regarding speedway and if they don't like it, it won't take long for everyone to know about it.

I'm not sure but I think they can still use the 2010 as well as the 2011 silencers. I don't think they've made 2011 compulsory so the difference may not be so noticeable?????

I think that is the most important thing. If the rest of Europe is anything to go by it won't make a difference but the Poles are by far the most passionate fans in the World regarding speedway and if they don't like it, it won't take long for everyone to know about it.

I'm not sure but I think they can still use the 2010 as well as the 2011 silencers. I don't think they've made 2011 compulsory so the difference may not be so noticeable?????

It's compulsory and take a look at the comments at the bottom:

http://translate.googleusercontent.com/translate_c?hl=en&prev=/search%3Fq%3Dsportowefakty%2Bzuzel%26hl%3Den%26rlz%3D1R2SUNC_enGB359%26prmd%3Divns&rurl=translate.google.com&sl=pl&u=http://www.sportowefakty.pl/zuzel/2011/05/16/gksz-wprowadzila-nowe-tlumiki/&usg=ALkJrhjO4Bir1Silrm2yuahtVxVX6cFhuA#Scene_1

The Polish riders have, ultimately, made fools of themselves. You can have no sympathy with them.

Edited by ladyluck

YOU could always swallow your pride and admit that my post two weeks ago stating that the FIM were determined to bring Poland into line by May 15 was correct... but I won't hold my breath.

YOU could always swallow your pride and admit that my post two weeks ago stating that the FIM were determined to bring Poland into line by May 15 was correct... but I won't hold my breath.

No, happy to do so, although by my reckoning it's 16 May, but a day is neither here nor there.

Now, will you admit that it is wrong that Przemyslaw Pawlicki is alone among riders who raced between eight and eleven meetings last season not to have been given an average from those eight to eleven meetings?

Edited by ladyluck

my god they are getting over-heated about this!! I really cant tell the difference between last year and this.

my god they are getting over-heated about this!!

The same could be said about the riders and they eventually crumbled.

No, happy to do so, although by my reckoning it's 16 May, but a day is neither here nor there.

Now, will you admit that it is wrong that Przemyslaw Pawlicki is alone among riders who raced between eight and eleven meetings last season not to have been given an average from those eight to eleven meetings?

YES and there are countless other decisions taken by the BSPA that appear to be out of synch with the actual rules. Which is just one of many reasons why the administration of domestic speedway in the UK needs a radical overhaul.

YES and there are countless other decisions taken by the BSPA that appear to be out of synch with the actual rules. Which is just one of many reasons why the administration of domestic speedway in the UK needs a radical overhaul.

So you would agree with me that the best outcome of the winter dispute would've been for Coventry and Peterborough to have been excluded from the Elite League?