British Speedway Forum

Was gutted when i read the evening star to find that the deal had fell through. It really would be devastating to see a perfectly good club with a loyal fan base shut down. I'm sure that myself, along with many others wouldn't know what to do with themselves on Thursday's if this was to be the case.

Not only this, but all the work which took place over last winter on the foxhall circuit would go to massive waste with a track which has so much potential not being put to use.

I really do hope that the club manages to sort this, & deep down there is something telling me that the witches won't shut down, but i really don't know! Do you think we will shut down?

If a "businessman" can't make it work, then why would a consortium. Seems as though the Louis' want to have their cake and eat it..... :cry:

Begining to sound like a disaster, what Ipswich need is someone to buy the Louis's out they have been the death of the club for a long while in my opinion and could not put a decent team together if there life depended on it. I never knew why instead of searching for new talent near the latter end of the season they bought in Slabon and Smith I mean ffs! No wonder the fans loose patience, I mean when we had a crap season in 2009 we had nothing to lose and bought some fresh faces in.

Time for a shake up in the Suffolk camp if not you will be another club in the defunct book.

Edited by Prawn

If a "businessman" can't make it work, then why would a consortium. Seems as though the Louis' want to have their cake and eat it..... :cry:

I think the Louis' are being unfairly treated by many posters on this forum. I have a lot of admiration for their efforts over the past, lord knows how many years?

They have found it difficult in recent years and I firmly believe they have tried their best to make Ipswich work on a budget, but things have now come to a head for them.

With only one club supposed to have made a profit in 2010 and rich benefactors not exactly queueing up to bail out clubs, it's a wonder they made it this far in a dwindling economy.

Try to think how John must feel right now. He gave his all as a rider and obviously loves his club and speedway. Must be a very sad day for him to have to just give it away and no longer have an involvement.

I genuinely hope that John and Chris can work something out for their club, whichever league they choose.

I think the Louis' are being unfairly treated by many posters on this forum. I have a lot of admiration for their efforts over the past, lord knows how many years?

They have found it difficult in recent years and I firmly believe they have tried their best to make Ipswich work on a budget, but things have now come to a head for them.

With only one club supposed to have made a profit in 2010 and rich benefactors not exactly queueing up to bail out clubs, it's a wonder they made it this far in a dwindling economy.

Try to think how John must feel right now. He gave his all as a rider and obviously loves his club and speedway. Must be a very sad day for him to have to just give it away and no longer have an involvement.

I genuinely hope that John and Chris can work something out for their club, whichever league they choose.

Well said Dogstar. It seems to me everyone is jumping on the bandwagon of knocking the Louis' without really knowing what has gone on behind the scenes. It's easy to sit in judgement, but when only a few facts are known (rather than just rumours), it's not necessarily wise to do so.

Well said Dogstar.

Shame some of the keyboard commando's don't put their money where their mouth is. If it was so easy, I'm sure we would have had a new co-promoter as we speak.

So still nothing decided and the uncertainty goes on and on and on! At least the AGM is only days away so we will be put out of our misery soon.

One thing is certain though, the money pot is clearly dry at Foxhall so even if we come out of this weekend still an Elite league club, its obvious the team won't be competitive as the money just isn't there to build a side that can compete :(

But will the truth ever become public knowledge? It took several years to admit that the Scott Nicholls transfer money had gone.... hopefully it will not take the same amount of time to find out whats happened this time? :blink:

As for putting money where there mouths are, not for the first time in recent years money has been offered to take over the club, but has been turned down, you have to question why though? Also have to ask why the team has had no sponsor.

But will the truth ever become public knowledge? It took several years to admit that the Scott Nicholls transfer money had gone.... hopefully it will not take the same amount of time to find out whats happened this time? :blink:

As for putting money where there mouths are, not for the first time in recent years money has been offered to take over the club, but has been turned down, you have to question why though? Also have to ask why the team has had no sponsor.

I must off missed the report that said money has been offered to take over the club on more than one occasion.

I must off missed the report that said money has been offered to take over the club on more than one occasion.

To be fair, they are not helping themselves with these pathetic press releases are they. They need to lay all the cards on the table and stop treating the fans like idiots. That press release has once again, raised far more questions than answers!!!

Lol and there it is again....the Scott Nicholls money :rolleyes: i) what has it got to do with us where it went??? ii) we don't see KL fans asking Buster where the Darcy Ward money went do we??? even though he's had to put Doolan on the transfer list for being too expensive iii) did you not see the list of riders payments on another thread by wizzer??? how far do you think £36,000 would go when your riders are getting between £175 - £85 per point???? and 6/7 are guaranteed £250-£300 per meeting

Your proof??? regarding take overs??, mind you perhaps the Louis'weren't ready to sell, or perhaps the people weren't right for the club

As for sponsors....I've no idea

i think thats the problem, how do you value a clubs assets?

i understand you rent the stadium, like the bees now, so the club itself is just a name and a list of assets.

pretty much the only assets you have are the riders registrations and the operating license.

your assets well gollob wont count for anything because he wont ride hear?

when you take that view and the fact that the club lost £70 000, whats a good value for the club?

the club is making a loss so it doesn't have a value at all, sure this is the case for most clubs, bit to buy a club you need a penny and a big bank account

Not sure why Ipswich are in such dire straights. They get decent crowds every week and the team they put out isn't full of international stars costing a fortune in wages.

The problem is that no serious investment has taken place for years. If they get a decent youngster at number 8 they don't seem capable of tying him to the club. Sundtrom the latest rider to slip through the Louis fingers.

Try 1998 for starters. They over stretched themselves, and my guess is they've been paying for it ever since!!

I don't know the recent issues of the club, but like Steve says, there seems to have been no serious investment for many years. Problem is, do they get decent crowds nowadays?, i read somewhere their crowds have dropped alarmingly this season.

As i said in another post, Scott Nicholls needs seriuos back up, but by the sounds of it he ain't going to get it.

So if a club in the PL wants to come up and they have the investment in place to do so, then it might be in Ipswich's best interest to go PL.