British Speedway Forum

This is heart in the mouth time for all Witches fans and a very important few days coming up to determine the clubs future. Can you please leave your tittle tattle on who owns Coventry stadium out of this thread. Thanks.

But you had to wait for King Bee to put it up before you did!!! So you wern't really sure, was you!

And this is relevent to the thread because?

This is heart in the mouth time for all Witches fans and a very important few days coming up to determine the clubs future. Can you please leave your tittle tattle on who owns Coventry stadium out of this thread. Thanks.

And this is relevent to the thread because?

Sincere apologies for hijacking your thread guys. I do appreciate what you are all feeling atm. Those Ippo fans that know me, know that and that I'm hoping for a good resolution for the future of Ipswich Speedway :)

Well without proof, anyone could say anything they like now couldn't they?? All you are achieving is fanning the flames of the discontents by saying that various offers have been rejected.

I'm sure that there are many members on here that are "in the know" but refrain from giving details, or proof that something has happened.

I'm sure that there are many members on here that are "in the know" but refrain from giving details, or proof that something has happened.

Lol, most of "in the know" say absolutely nothing!!!

I also still stand by my stance on the Briggo fiasco,to me it was "a nail in the coffin" as it rubbed a lot of people up the wrong way,I do know for a fact that from then,3 successful businesses who previously sponsored meetings year after year said they wouldn't be doing so again so it looks like in their hour of need the Louis may well have found more bridges burned

Could you remind us of the 'Briggo fiasco' of which you are speaking. Some, perhaps, have forgotten, some may not know in the first place.

............I suspect at the time that Scott was sold, that was the intention to keep the money to invest in another rider, but things obviously changed and it had to be used in the day to day runnings instead,and what is wrong with that?? :unsure:.............

I think most of us know where Scott's transfer money went...... and it wasn't on day to day running expenses.

I agree the Promotion do not have to account how they spend THEIR money. However many of the Witches fans are effective stakeholders. They helped raise over £25,000 to help save speedway in Ipswich. Through the 400 Club they have provided around another £120,000 to enable the club to run. These people do this because they love their speedway and are happy to give up their time to help preserve speedway in the town.

I think that gives them the right to ask how some of the money has been spent.

The trouble is with apologists like Badge, JL & Le Enfant Terrible, think they can get away with anything..... and to date they probably have. Sadly for lovers of speedway in Ipswich the faults and mismanagement of previous years are now coming home to roost.

Although I am at the opposite end of the country I do feel for the fans of the Witches. It is sad to see a great club in this condition. Looking back at the great days of Tiger, Billy, and the Shrimp it is so sad. I hope that you guys can support your club for many years to come :wink: .

Could you remind us of the 'Briggo fiasco' of which you are speaking. Some, perhaps, have forgotten, some may not know in the first place.

There is a thread on in if anyone wants to see it as it's far too in-depth to go through here really,Briggo's charity ride was cancelled 3 times by Louis at the last minute and was held at a local motorbike shop in the end where some of the disabled riders were there along with many ex riders and fans etc Dave Bickers was ther alone with Briggo obviously. It emerged at the last minute on the 3rd attemp that as Kim Jansson wasn't on Briggo's list the promotion said no,even though they knew about it all season,a majority at the bike shop were pretty angry ,there were a lot more ins and outs to it too (split the collection would've been the bestt solution?) Jansson got injured in Sweden but rode for Ipswich a few years back

As I say 3 parties said they were not interested in sponsoring next year,at least 1was approached for help recently and turned them down,another could well have been the buisnessnan they were talking to at the end who wanted to take it over,trouble is the Louis seem to want the cake and eat it too,spot on Jules!

I think most of us know where Scott's transfer money went...... and it wasn't on day to day running expenses.

Absolutely. There's a few things i'd like to get off my chest and say about this, but i can't for obvious reasons!

I just hope at the end of the day the news is good news I do enjoy my trips to the witches and the fans deserve a speedway team. All the very best and lets cross everything. :D

Well said Dogstar.

Shame some of the keyboard commando's don't put their money where their mouth is. If it was so easy, I'm sure we would have had a new co-promoter as we speak.

Pathetic statement,how do you know about the finances of people on here?

And like who exactly? Maybe you,Dogstar,1stbendbunching or me should put the money up if we have it.by the way I don't so how about any of you 3 "commandos"

I agree the Promotion do not have to account how they spend THEIR money. However many of the Witches fans are effective stakeholders. They helped raise over £25,000 to help save speedway in Ipswich. Through the 400 Club they have provided around another £120,000 to enable the club to run. These people do this because they love their speedway and are happy to give up their time to help preserve speedway in the town.

I think that gives them the right to ask how some of the money has been spent.

The trouble is with apologists like Badge, JL & Le Enfant Terrible, think they can get away with anything..... and to date they probably have. Sadly for lovers of speedway in Ipswich the faults and mismanagement of previous years are now coming home to roost.

Excellent post Mr Snackette

I think there should be a meeting between management and fans and everyone voice there opinions because with these crap statements its raised more questions than its answered if there was a meeting they could answer you question face to face.